Playoff Traditions For Luck

geolink

Well Its almost 15 minutes till puck drops.

Leaving facial hair

Underwear inside out

Pots on tv's

Beer Bottles On Tv's

No sex

Ive heard it all. well most of it

Id like to hear other playoff traditions.

This will be a cool thread.

I have a couple shelves of Avs stuff that I have to pray to exactly one hour before game time. Half an hour before game time, I drink a glass of water (don't ask) and 10 minutes before game time, my Roy Avs jersey goes on. And I do the playoff beard thing.

Just tell us!

Okay, I don't think I have any real traditions. Maybe to finish a 2L bottle of whatever per game (but that goes for regular season games too. :P )

Beer bottle on TV? man, I would run out of space before the first round :D:blush:

I dont shave, my dog must be laying in his bed beside the TV (hes a Habs fan too, thumps his tail on the floor hard whenever something exciting happens) watch game with my dad, Habs jersey on or in room, and prayer before game.

:hlogo:

I have intimate relations with the girlfriend within a day before gametime, I drink a shot of scotch before every period in my habs shotglass, i wear my habs jersey and my habs ballcap... I take a shot for every habs goal scored, and sometimes when they get a powerplay... :D

Edited by lazy26

well I will watch the game where I feel lucky!

As of right now it is at a girl friends house, her family is big habs fans and we all watch the game together! I feel bad leaving my dad at home but he is always happy when they win!

I also like yo have the NHL official scoresheet open at all times!

Edited by JMMR

• 1 year later...
I started my playoff beard today with the clinch.

That's intense. I'm only wearing the shirt I bought (above on April 22, 2006) on the day after a win. During the game I will be wearing the jersey below. No other superstitions for me. I used to take out all my Habs hockey cards and lay them in front of the TV, but I don't think any of them even play for us anymore, except Koivu and Brisebois. I would take them out but they're at my place in Ottawa.

Love this jersey!

61RTRgKRfNL._SS500_.jpg

Edited by les_glorieux

My wife bought me a brand new RBK Higgins jersey for Christmas its really sweet, but I started to notice that everytime I would wear it we would lose.

So I don't wear it anymore, instead I place it on a chair in the TV room with the numbers facing outwards, it has been sitting there for a long time...months probably.

Also if I happen to miss the beginning of a game and we are winning I am "not allowed" to watch the rest of game. For instance I missed the first 2 periods of last nights game against the Sens but I watched the third period. And we all know how that ended....the only reason I watched it was because we had a 6 goal lead and I thought "theres no way we can lose this game". When it got to 7-5 I turned the channel and just caught the Highlights after.

I actually believe I am a curse but I just Couldn't help myself, I mean 7 freakn 1 for crying out loud.

I have a Habs Flag in my room that has to stay in the exact same position. I cant touch it at all because i feel it is bad luck.

I few seasons back i would alwyas bring it with me to the TV but then the Habs did nothing that season. This season i'm going with the not touching it all season and it has gone very good.

I also dont play My NHL game on gameday but if i do it for sure is not Montrea that i'm playing with.

I also used to have a shampoo that i only used on gameday. That actually worked untill i ran out a few seasons back.

I am a very superstitous guy.

I'm starting a new tradition/superstition this year.

I'll kiss my Ken Dryden bobblehead doll before each game :)

And do the usual (not shave, and wear my jersey!)

:ghg:

I'm starting a new tradition/superstition this year.

I'll kiss my Ken Dryden bobblehead doll before each game :)

And do the usual (not shave, and wear my jersey!)

:ghg:

I've got one of those Metro Koivu & Kovalev Bobble heads. Maybe I should start something with that, lol.

Beer bottle on TV? man, I would run out of space before the first round :D:blush:

Taking into account that i watch hockey with 5 to 10 friends "depending if it's week game or weekend game" we would run out of space before the 1rst whistle...

I just made my $25.00 bet that the HABS would make the finals. The last times I made this bold bet were quite productive. 1986. Got the cup and I won $20.00. 1988 lost $50.00 because Mike Vernon cheated by knocking the net off the moorings every time a goal was iminent. 1993 I won $150.00 smackers.

This year I figure the East doesn't really scare me too much. Any team including the Caps could make the finals. I'm gonna start making bets for my team and will not complain even if they get knocked out in the first round.

Oh ya, my superstision is that I wear my Habs pin that I got for Christmas every day. I transfer it to every shirt, and I rub it before during and after games. I also wear Habs socks and my Price shirt for big games.

Edited by BCHabnut