Jump to content
dlbalr

Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

 

A full or empty can?

Full of ideas for how to fix the pp.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jonathan Drouin,  Jordan Weale and 2nd round pick to Colorado.

 

In return 2019 first round pick, Shane Bowers and either Samuel Girard (skill) or Ryan Graves (size). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, titanfan said:

Jonathan Drouin,  Jordan Weale and 2nd round pick to Colorado.

 

In return 2019 first round pick, Shane Bowers and either Samuel Girard (skill) or Ryan Graves (size). 

Why would Aves even consider that? Unless you mean for Aves own pick, not Sens.

Maybe Gallagher or Domi, Weal (worth nothing) and 2nd round pick (pretty insignificant when talking about drafting Hughes or the Finn kid) and nothing else back from Aves for Sens pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, titanfan said:

Jonathan Drouin,  Jordan Weale and 2nd round pick to Colorado.

 

In return 2019 first round pick, Shane Bowers and either Samuel Girard (skill) or Ryan Graves (size). 

 

Jordan Weal is a UFA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance we could grab  Roberto Luongo to goal 25 games next season ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Any chance we could grab  Roberto Luongo to goal 25 games next season ?

Zero, but I love the idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DON said:

Why would Aves even consider that? Unless you mean for Aves own pick, not Sens.

Maybe Gallagher or Domi, Weal (worth nothing) and 2nd round pick (pretty insignificant when talking about drafting Hughes or the Finn kid) and nothing else back from Aves for Sens pick.

I meant their own pick.  And Jorda Weale can be replaced by any of the 200 4th liners we have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeLassister said:

Any chance we could grab  Roberto Luongo to goal 25 games next season ?

 

He's been very on record saying Florida is home and he's not planning on leaving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Commandant said:

Jordan Weal is a UFA.

 

He's currently on a $1.75M contract. Is that reasonable for his level? Would we need to pay much more in order to sign him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

He's currently on a $1.75M contract. Is that reasonable for his level? Would we need to pay much more in order to sign him?

 

I wouldn't advocate paying that much to sign him.  (And that's coming from someone who wrote two weeks ago about how they need to re-sign him.)  He was a fringe player until a few weeks ago so I'd like to see him closer to $1.5 million than going over his current deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I wouldn't advocate paying that much to sign him.  (And that's coming from someone who wrote two weeks ago about how they need to re-sign him.)  He was a fringe player until a few weeks ago so I'd like to see him closer to $1.5 million than going over his current deal. 

 

Hopefully he is happy having landed in Montreal and will sign rather than trying to look for a UFA deal; he only played a grand total of 150 NHL games with his three previous teams so I don't think he'd be highly sought-after in any case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would the Blues go for Drouin and 2x 2nd for Tarasenko?

That would help the PP ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ehjay said:

would the Blues go for Drouin and 2x 2nd for Tarasenko?

Not a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The PP will be fixed by better coaching and, above all, by having D who can quarterback it by making plays. Look to the back end more than the FW unit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The PP will be fixed by better coaching and, above all, by having D who can quarterback it by making plays. Look to the back end more than the FW unit.

okay; then who would gv up Dman between ANA: Lindholm or VGK: Theodore for:

Drouin and 2x 2nd round pick?

...

Don: :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ehjay said:

okay; then who would gv up Dman between ANA: Lindholm or VGK: Theodore for:

Drouin and 2x 2nd round pick?

...

Don: :(

 

Is this the new "Ryder and a 2nd?"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They already traded Drouin for a LD, his name was Sergachev. 

 

A 50-60 soft perimeter player who doesn't play D and turns the puck over isn't going to get you a young top 4 established Dman. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ehjay said:

okay; then who would gv up Dman between ANA: Lindholm or VGK: Theodore ...

No one, for a guy who was demoted to bottom six forward.

 

Is a typical HabFan proposal, deal away a player who isnt a fan favourite for a better quality player.

 

Most GMs would be tad more interested in a Gallagher or Domi or top prospect than Drouin...but propose trading any of those players and HabFans get 'excited'.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read that Crosby and Malkin are the only untouchables in Pittsburgh, I wonder what it would cost to get Kessel. 

 

Ylonen, Lehkonen and our 1st round pick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The PP will be fixed by better coaching and, above all, by having D who can quarterback it by making plays. Look to the back end more than the FW unit.

 

Disagree strongly.

 

The best PPs in the NHL today are 4 fwds, 1 Dman.

Weber should be on the PP as the one Dman

Petry should be on the second PP as the one Dman

So those positions are set. 

What this pp needs is a left hand shot who can sit in the right circle and one time pucks, like Galchenyuk did. Being able to control play on that half wall ala Kovalev would be another plus.

Drouin is capable of running the PP through him at the point.  He can be the QB with Weber in the left circle and a new player to shoot in the right circle. 

In front of the net you have gallagher.  and working around the front of the net and also making passes on the goal line would be domi.  With good movement, 4 of the 5 pieces are there. 

A second unit with Kotkaniemi (drouin), Shaw (gallagher), Petry (shot), Tatar (LH one-timer), and Danault (Domi), should be good enough if the first unit can do some damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

Disagree strongly.

 

The best PPs in the NHL today are 4 fwds, 1 Dman.

Weber should be on the PP as the one Dman

Petry should be on the second PP as the one Dman

So those positions are set. 

What this pp needs is a left hand shot who can sit in the right circle and one time pucks, like Galchenyuk did. Being able to control play on that half wall ala Kovalev would be another plus.

Drouin is capable of running the PP through him at the point.  He can be the QB with Weber in the left circle and a new player to shoot in the right circle. 

In front of the net you have gallagher.  and working around the front of the net and also making passes on the goal line would be domi.  With good movement, 4 of the 5 pieces are there. 

A second unit with Kotkaniemi (drouin), Shaw (gallagher), Petry (shot), Tatar (LH one-timer), and Danault (Domi), should be good enough if the first unit can do some damage.

 

Hmmm, good thoughts! Maybe my faith in d-men is a bit behind the times.

 

One fly in the ointment you offer here is the role you're giving Drouin. He has the tools to do what you describe, but my faith in his brains is sub-polar at this point.. Next year will be make or break; I doubt he'll ever become a guy to count on, however, although he might fool people into thinking he is for a period of time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Hmmm, good thoughts! Maybe my faith in d-men is a bit behind the times.

 

One fly in the ointment you offer here is the role you're giving Drouin. He has the tools to do what you describe, but my faith in his brains is sub-polar at this point.. Next year will be make or break; I doubt he'll ever become a guy to count on, however, although he might fool people into thinking he is for a period of time.

 

He played that role on a strong team in Tampa.

 

He also played that role on a team that finished with the 13th ranked power play in the NHL in 2017-18 (and was top 5 in the second half of the season after Weber got hurt and they stopped forcing everything to him).

 

He has proven he can do that role in the past, and despite his flaws at even strength, i don't think he has gotten any worse at being able to run the point on the power play.  He just didn't have a good scheme around him, and was missing a key tool (the Galchenyuk role), this year. 

 

That role is so big.  It prevents the defence from shading to the Weber side of the ice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If thinking of offer sheeting a top kid, here are costs. Is any player worth 4 1st round picks + jumbo salary?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DON said:

If thinking of offer sheeting a top kid, here are costs. Is any player worth 4 1st round picks + jumbo salary?

 

 

Probably not, but is a guy like Kapanen in Toronto worth a 2nd round pick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

 

Probably not, but is a guy like Kapanen in Toronto worth a 2nd round pick?


A 2nd and $4.225/yr offer you mean?

He is only 22 and just had 20g season in 1st full year.

(and God knows Habs could use  another Finn)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...