May 22, Montreal vs New York, 8 PM

dlbalr

I enjoyed this one a lot - nicely done. The line, "Gallagher dug in and never quit even though that may have been the most rational, sane thing to do," pretty much sums up the career of this incredibly willful player :thumbs_up: And I like that you praised Desharnais. Even though his numbers aren't great, IMHO he has been full value over the course of these playoffs, against all odds.

The HW 3 stars article is up!

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3404

A dangerous hit warrants suspension. That's why Mr. "Skates As Weapons" Kreider should have his ass stapled to the stands as we speak. This is a league that suspends Aaron Rome four games for a Scott Stevens-like hit but does practically nothing when a Bruin can-openers Mason Raymond, breaking his back, or when Chara smashes someone's head into a metal post. NHL discipline is a totally random event.

Stepan is having jaw surgery. Prust likely suspended until the end of the series.

Bournival or Moen?

I like Moen.

I don't know if it's a 4-gamer especially since Stepan returned, played more physical than usual, and was very vocal the whole game; the latter being particularly impressive when he's needing jaw surgery. My guess is that may mitigate things a bit. I thought he'd get one before, probably two or three now but four or more might be a stretch.

It depends on what the more pressing need is. If it's physicality/penalty kill play, Moen's the guy. If they want more speed (and considering who is likely to replace Carcillo, speed will matter) or a better offensive fourth line, then it's Bournival. I suspect it will be Bournival going back in.

Nice review and star selection Brian. DD has been great an Gallagher a similar diminutive giant among men. Pacs has indeed stepped up.

It's alive...it's alive!!!

Nice review and star selection Brian. DD has been great an Gallagher a similar diminutive giant among men. Pacs has indeed stepped up.

I appreciate the credit you're giving me on these but a lot of times, it isn't me writing them. Give credit to Matt Dilworth (lazy26 on here) for this particular one.

Guest Stogey24

A dangerous hit warrants suspension. That's why Mr. "Skates As Weapons" Kreider should have his ass stapled to the stands as we speak. This is a league that suspends Aaron Rome four games for a Scott Stevens-like hit but does practically nothing when a Bruin can-openers Mason Raymond, breaking his back, or when Chara smashes someone's head into a metal post. NHL discipline is a totally random event.

Your absolutely right. Kreider has one of those faces you just want to punch too.

Prust shouldn't be suspended, but with the inconsistency in the rulings, who can guess?

Krieder hit on Price was bullshit....

Totally agree on the Deharnais praise, he has been consistently great against the three opponents so far, crow tastes good because I wanted him traded, hard to upgrade on the effort he has put forth.....

New series after next game, Habs are right back in it now!

I Really like the 2013-14 version of The Montreal Canadiens, hard not to have faith in them with the season we have witnessed thus far isn't it?

:halm::habslogo::halm:

Prust hit was very late, blindside hit. Not high but definitely a dangerous hit. Anyone who believes Chara should have recieved discipline for his interference hit on Pac, should accept that Prusts hit was suspension worthy. I support the suspension... Provided these rulings are handed out fairly the other way.

After the game, RDS crew were asking for Cube back in the line up next game.

Fact is Therrien and Daigneault did not trust Beaulieu to play a tie and with a one

Goal lead.

Rags players are small and do not appreciate being pushed a bit, a big tough d to push them hard.

this we have in stock. Douglas will make them think to keep heads up.

If Prust get suspended, Bournival is the obvious choice to Therrien, I would choose White

Over Moen.

good to have depth.

After the game, RDS crew were asking for Cube back in the line up next game.

Fact is Therrien and Daigneault did not trust Beaulieu to play a tie and with a one

Goal lead.

Rags players are small and do not appreciate being pushed a bit, a big tough d to push them hard.

this we have in stock. Douglas will make them think to keep heads up.

If Prust get suspended, Bournival is the obvious choice to Therrien, I would choose White

Over Moen.

good to have depth.

Yes agree

I appreciate the credit you're giving me on these but a lot of times, it isn't me writing them. Give credit to Matt Dilworth (lazy26 on here) for this particular one.

So you get the assist on these deflections! Thanks Matt!

• Upvote 1

So, with another day to kill between games, here's something I've been pondering. In terms of momentum, was it better for the Habs to blow the lead and win in OT or would it have been better for them to hold on and win in regulation? At the end of the day, a win's a win but does one scenario have more of a carryover effect than the other?

So, with another day to kill between games, here's something I've been pondering. In terms of momentum, was it better for the Habs to blow the lead and win in OT or would it have been better for them to hold on and win in regulation? At the end of the day, a win's a win but does one scenario have more of a carryover effect than the other?

I think it was great the way it happened moving forward. That late Ranger goal must have been terribly deflating to the group that hasn't had many bounces thus far in the series. But to be able to suck it up and win the game is a huge boost to their confidence. This game in my opinion was the worst game they played this playoffs but they were still able to get the win. This bodes well for the rest of the series.

Thanks guys, it was my pleasure.

I hope you guys realize that your love and devotion to the whole tradition of les glorieux enables us all to participate and join with you in this enchanted esprit de coeur.

We have a goalie. Now, anything can happen. We really do have a darned good team...a very good motor... But is there any gas left in the tank. Maybe we've already won the moral Stanley Cup final for this year. Seriously.

The guys may...in marvelous, heroic and legendary fashion befitting our patrimony, have already given all that there was to give. , slaying the dragon in advance of the organizational duly appointed hour.

I hate to agree with the boorish loudmouth and bully woh was once well described as instantiating perfectly the pagan virtues, this most embarrassing Canadian archetype in mawkish fashion misstatements of somehow fitting trainwreckish presentation, but, beasts can speak of beastly things. We may indeed be out of gas with our precious post season petrol proudly proffered and sacrificed to the living yet legendary holy hockey grail that is les Glorieux.

There is no reason to be out of gas. One hard series against Boston is hardly an excuse for crapping out in the next round. If we want to contend, we have to find the reserves to do more than win one tough series. Anyone saying they're spent is effectively saying they don't deserve to be here.

There is no reason to be out of gas. One hard series against Boston is hardly an excuse for crapping out in the next round. If we want to contend, we have to find the reserves to do more than win one tough series. Anyone saying they're spent is effectively saying they don't deserve to be here.

But, might help explain why Subban has just tossed puck up in the air, up the middle for easy turnovers, or airmailing passes by all of forwards for icings? Instead of just skating or simply making a safer play?

Maybe am being too critical?