Going with the Kids the rest of the way

hab29RETIRED

I was really impressed at the way Halak played tonight. He was solid in the first and after a neare collapse he got the win for the habs tonight.

This kid does it all. Great at handling the puck - unlike both Abiecher and Huet who are an accident waiting to happen when they are out of their nets.

What really impressed me though was his poise and his positioning. Unlike Aebiesher who flops around like a fish out of water and puts himself out of position, lets out terrible rebounds, Halak is quick to get back on his feet and keeping his body square to the shooter. He is not a big guy, but positions himself so well and moves so quick that he covers a lot of net.

Lets hope the habs ride him for most of the remaining games. Abby is just too inconsistant and technically unsound to be reliable in the long run. Even Huet, who was having a pretty good year, despite struggling a bit over the past month, puts himself down and out too much.

I also was impressed with Milroy tonight too. The only reason Bouillon scored, bcoz, FINALLY someone on the team was willing to pay the price in front of the net, and put his ass in the front of the oppositions goalie. Perozhogin also looked really good.

I still think the habs are done for the year, since they really only have two games against teams that they SHOULD beat (Wash & NYI), and the leafs have 2 games in hand. I also think they just don't have the defence to get them in the playoffs. Halak was better at moving the puck from behind the habs net, then any of the habs DMen were. I'd like to see the habs call up and give a chance to more of the kids for the rest of the year.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

I tend to go your way as well

seing milroy play twice in a row tells me that downey and murray are offically done in montreal. now that bégin is injured and might be gone for a while, kostitsyn should be called up.

as for halak, he's deserves another start against washington...we'll from there

I agree with several things said, but I definitely dont think the Habs are out of playoff contention quite yet. :lol:

Especially because the Laffs have 2 games in hand. :wacko:

Personaly I dont know why downey and murray are still here, was never much of a fan of either. Now that I've seen Lapiere play, downey and murray are redundant. Lapiere seems to be way better at aggitating than both of em combined. :D

I definitely want to see more of milroy, and might as well let halak keep playing untill he looses a game at least. Hopefully that wont be for a while. You never know ;)

Murray is still in his 30 day waiting period from clearing waivers I believe so he could be sent down.

I really hope Carbo sticks with Halak, new blood, new confidence, new team.

Millroy needs to play more. I don't know how much he did play last night but at around 5 minutes it just isn't enough for my curiousity.

Murray is still in his 30 day waiting period from clearing waivers I believe so he could be sent down.

I really hope Carbo sticks with Halak, new blood, new confidence, new team.

Millroy needs to play more. I don't know how much he did play last night but at around 5 minutes it just isn't enough for my curiousity.

No Murrays 30 days expired on the 13th or 14th.

Halak should forsure start until he loses.

And Milroy played almost 15 minutes yesterday and 2:35 on the PP.

Not only Halak, Lapierre and Milroy.

Kots and Grabovski duo would be welcome too.

Yeah, we just haven't got room for them though.

Yeah, we just haven't got room for them though.

should begin being injured for a while, send a murray on waivers yet again and then you have room for kostitsyn and milroy.

Should not hope Bégin out of the line up again.

A lot of things can be fixed without hoping for this kind of guy an injury.

I'm not wishing an injury for bégin. but the fact of the matter is that he's blocked a shot yesterday and did not finnish the game.

I agree with several things said, but I definitely dont think the Habs are out of playoff contention quite yet. :lol:

Especially because the Laffs have 2 games in hand. :wacko:

Personaly I dont know why downey and murray are still here, was never much of a fan of either. Now that I've seen Lapiere play, downey and murray are redundant. Lapiere seems to be way better at aggitating than both of em combined. :D

I definitely want to see more of milroy, and might as well let halak keep playing untill he looses a game at least. Hopefully that wont be for a while. You never know ;)

it's not just the games in hand that worry me,we still have 3 or 4 games left against the make beliefs, and for whatever reason, the team just has not been showing up for the toronto games this year.

Well Rivet still has to come off the IR.

at least he started skating. it's just a matter of catching his wind again and he'll play.

it's not just the games in hand that worry me,we still have 3 or 4 games left against the make beliefs, and for whatever reason, the team just has not been showing up for the toronto games this year.

The fact that we play them so many times is why we still have a chance. Yes, we might lose some of those games but there ARE lots of 4 point games remaining. We've lost a lot of 4-point games recently but if we start winning them then we'll float back to the 6th seed or so. If not, I'm fine with 8th and playing Buffalo. They're one team that doesn't scare me at all, especially with no shootouts.

I'm all for going with the kids, but it has less to do with the fact that I think we're out of the playoffs and more to do with the fact that I think they can with for us. Our current "prospects" are actually quite good, and have loads of potential, all they need is experience. I think they can get that right now, and probably win some games for us too... I'd play Halak at least until he loses, and even then, if the loss isn't his fault, I might keep playing him. I'd play Milroy and Lapierre too, and as I've said countless times in countless threads, I'd play Perogie for God's sake. I'm glad he's playing well with his current linemates on the fourth, but I'd play him on the third or second too. In fact, I'd probably put Lats on the fourth and put Perogie in his spot on the second.

If we're going to win in the next few years, it's because these kids are going to become the core of the team. We're not going to resign all of Bonk Johnson, Kovy, Sammy etc. when their contracts end.

I only wish we had some D prospects to bring up and play...

Here is what we are missing right now. Now that is intensity!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsB5gFbk1Og

Look at Claude Lemieux in that clip. He was like a Bull in a China shop!

oohh the memories :rolleyes:

give lapierre a little time and I think they'll be alike

Here is what we are missing right now. Now that is intensity!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsB5gFbk1Og

Look at Claude Lemieux in that clip. He was like a Bull in a China shop!

Funny when you count the # of penalities that should be given on this sequence.

Come back to the thread, I'd go with Halak until he starts to give long returns and bad goals. I think he could be the spark of a 4 games winning streaks.

Is there something we need much than that?

I must be the unluckiest Habs fan in the world. Born in Montreal in 1976, and having lived a total of over 20 years in the city, I have never, ever had the chance to witness the Habs win the Cup.

In 1993, I was living in Athens Greece. I was in bed sleeping when the phone rang at 5am, waking up the whole household. It was my cousin from Montreal, screaming frantically, letting me know that the Habs had just won the Cup. Keep in mind that this is before the internet, where you could listen to games online. I had to wait for a two day old USA Today in order to get any type of news (including scores) to the hockey games. Mind you, Greek Newscasts were showing scenes from the rioting in Montreal the day after we won. I was so proud and happy that Montreal was getting any type of news coverage on Greek TV, especially because Greeks knew absolutely nothing about Hockey.

My cousin (God Bless Him!) video taped Game 5 for me and sent it the next day. I got it in the mail 4 weeks later. I cried when I first saw it....

Now coming back to what Wamsley01 wrote about Claude Lemieux and that game 7 against Hartford. That game was the most dramatic, most intense, most gratifying game I ever had the opportunity to watch. If my memory serves me correctly, Lemieux scored from between the hash marks, on a back hand over the left shoulder of Mike Liut. We were in the basement of our house in Joliette with the rest of the family and absolutely went nuts.

If anyone can find a clip or highlights from that game I would be eternally grateful.

My prayers were answered!!

I had posted this in the "Where were u when the Habs won the Cup in 1993" and I thought I'd copy here as well.

I've been looking for this video forever! Thank you Wamsley01 for digging this sentimetal moment of personal hockey history for this poor fan stuck on the other side of the Atlantic.

Back to the topic of this thread. Youth can have a funny way of energizing this team. Their recklessness, zeal and energy can revitalize this group of veterens which seem to need a sense of direction.

At the risk of sounding naive and irrealistic, anyone else think that we may be witnessing history in the (re)-making....??

Edited by Helmethead

oohh the memories :rolleyes:

give lapierre a little time and I think they'll be alike

Two observations about this incredible clip:

1. I have no desire to return to clutching and grabbing, but MAN - that was tough hockey and that's what hockey should be like - punishing stuff with bodies flying and refs eating their g*ddamned whistles.

2. The Habs' control along the boards was incredible that shift. Lemieux was great but Skrudland and McPhee were total bulls too. I haven't seen the Habs work the corners like that since...oh...1986 :lol: It's almost unbelievable to see that level of physical domination being exerted by guys in a Habs jersey, that's how vast the differential is.

(Sighs nostaligcally for the good old days)

Everyone in here is going to be bummed about my post. Sorry but I can't sugarcoat reality. Who would want me to anyway?

With 22 games remaining last year we edged out 13 wins. 13 wins plus 66 points equals the cusp for the playoffs (OR 92 POINTS)

In other words we have to equal and/or better the 2006 22 game remaining record. Also, keep in mind that may not cut the mustard either.

Hopefully Halak can get us to the promised land.

GO WITH THE YOUTS!