Is there a hope, or has the tent folded?

justintb

With recent struggles, injury problems, and a vicious flu bug struggle, can the Canadiens still somehow manage to make it into the post-season? Opinions, thoughts? When it comes down to it in a personal opinion, I think missing the playoffs would actually benefit the team and wake BG up. If we were to make it in the first round, we would get slaughtered by Buffalo or NJ. What do you all think?

It may be hard to tell that any Habs fans out there has a lil hope left in em because of the major meltdown the Canadiens are goin through at the moment but I guess we're used to the inconsistency the Habs always show nowadays. I don't wanna sound negative and all soo i'll admit I still think the Habs have a chance at making the playoffs and actually making it pretty far during the post-season.

-->GO HABS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

still a slim chance if we get unreal goaltending from Halak!!!!! not aebischer and we learn how to score 5 on 5 in the last 14 games.

the D needs to be alot better so alot needs to happen for us to make it

Edited by CHice

I understand that we do not have a true #1 goalie right now, but personally it is so hard to give up this season BECAUSE we all have experienced them win ALOT earlier this season...once we have seen it, it is hard to say to yourself we cant do that again

I HAVE FAITH TILL ITS ALL OVER

GO HABS GO

I don't want this team to roll over and die for a higher draft choice, and I kind of hope they make the playoffs, sort of, you know.... Have faith and all that kind of unbridled optimism? So I will say that I can see a light at the end of that long dark tunnel..... unfortunately I'm beginning to think it's just an out of control express freight train!

pgtraveltrain.jpg

anitrain.gif

There is hope.

If there is no hope then we're actually headed for the toilet and at least there will be draft picks.

More likely, we will limp along and either make a brief visit to the playoffs and get a late-middle position in the draft or miss the playoffs and get a slightly less late-middle position in the draft.

McGuire says maybe by 12 you're gambling. I still remember when we picked 8th or so and had our sights set on Shane Doan. Winnipeg took him 7th and we went for the B version of the same pick and took, I think, Terry Ryan.

So there is hpe. There must be hope.

With recent struggles, injury problems, and a vicious flu bug struggle, can the Canadiens still somehow manage to make it into the post-season? Opinions, thoughts? When it comes down to it in a personal opinion, I think missing the playoffs would actually benefit the team and wake BG up. If we were to make it in the first round, we would get slaughtered by Buffalo or NJ. What do you all think?

I think if we can squeak into 8th we'll have a shot against Buffalo. Any higher and we play NJ where we'll very likely get destroyed and an ylower and we miss the playoffs. :( Here's to 8th!

The time off is what the Jedi call 'our only hope.' However, I lost faith in this team when they decided to tank in mid-season, just like last year. Yes, the Huet injury is the biggest single factor for them missing the dance, but really - the sad fact is that, for some reason, despite decent talent, they suck. Unfortunately, the other teams in the mix are not a bunch of wildly inconsistent losers who routinely take stupid penalties and take entire periods, and entire games, off on a regular basis. Therefore we will lose. End of story.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

this team is better than they are showing right now. they need to get into the playoffs and see where they go from there. when it is the darkest they will tend to play above themselves. we saw that in the buffalo game where they could have folded up and lost 7-2 but they did not quit. If abby had been able to stop a beach ball then I still believe we would have won that game. In the boston game they played a great 3rd period and came up a little short. Have a little faith if there is a way to come out of this fog that they are in they will do it.

I still have a flicker of hope but it's fading. Time is so short.

The next game or two will tell all. Hopefully the time off is just what they needed. If they don't get their act together right now in addition to missing the playoffs they could easily end up last in the division. That would be just awful!!! :puke:

As long as there's games left to play, there's hope. Until they're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, I'll be watching games. It's a hole they've dug for themselves, but they can also dig their way out of it. I'm not a fair-weather fan. I don't move on to team B when team A is done for the season, 'cause there is only one team. And that's this one, good, bad or indifferent. Unfortunately right now, it seems to be indifferent.

Edited by RobRock

I think that we will play .500 hockey from here on out...And I don't think .500 hockey will get it done

I have a feeling that its going to come down to the games in hand that other teams have on us :unsure:

There is no excuse for the Boston game. If Montreal played 60 minutes of hockey each and every game, they wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. But instead, this team takes 1 period off, 2 periods on. Not to mention that we average at least 25 shots per game in the last 10, and our even strength hockey is the biggest weakness. Also, getting the first goal struggles continue! You simply can't expect to win games and go deep in the playoffs with all of the above stated flaws.

There's still hope, but Habs need to starting acting on it before its all gone.

Habs need to get a winning streak going or I fear they are done. Teams cant really rely on other teams loosing anymore. There are just to many inter div games between teams trying to get playoff spots so sombody is always gaining points. Habs need to win just to keep up and need a good streak to actually make any ground.

However, there is team who could play an important role for the Habs. Ironically, the 1 trade at the deadline that made the least sense to me could actually end up being the saviour of the Habs season. :P

Silly Buffalo. If Biron is as good as I think he is, we should send Sabers GM a thank you letter. :lol: Only time will tell.

Anything can happen and I still have faith.

Go :hlogo: Go!!

Sadly, it is all over now.

Hope? Sure there is hope. The kind of hope I fealt when we were down to Buffalo 5-4.......hope we would tie the game.......hope we would win the game. Hope really means nothing, hope is like a wish. As much as I hoped, as much as I wished, the Habs failed to comeback and lost 8-5.

Is there hope that we will make the playoffs? Yes

Will we make the playoffs? No

:nono:

Is there hope that we will make the playoffs? Yes

Will we make the playoffs? No

:nono:

This is how I feel too. And if they make it by some miracle, I don't deny that I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I doubt they're going to make it at this point.

The nature of the game is based so much on that mysterious power known as momentum, I cannot/will not give up hope. If they can manage a couple of wins, the guys could start getting some confidence back, having some fun, trusting each other, and basically remembering how to win games again, and it can happen. That's not to say it will, but the reality is that the Habs are only a point out of 8th, and the last playoff spot may not be decided until the last one of their 14 remaining games. Obviously they have to reverse the recent trend, but the fact is they have time to do it because everyone is so close.

Unfortunately, it will largely depend on the performance of Mr. Halak. He shouldn't be in such a position at this very early stage of his career, but here we are... welcome Jaro, and bonne chance!

Two things have to happen for us to make the playoffs. We have to have good goaltending consistently and Koivu has to play awesome every night. It doesn't seem to matter how the rest of the team performs. As long as Koivu performs, we win. I don't know why, but when he plays well, we win. End of story.

They are done. With each additional loss the teammoves up the draft order that is the only good news. They would have to win 13 games, because a team can role off 10 and that team has games in hand. They semi control there destinay witht he Bruins and Rangers 5 games left against them.

In reality i think they have 6 or 7 games since January, so there is no way this team competes hard enough to make the playoffs. They show no heart or desire to even play a 60 minute game.

Shoot sorry 6 or 7 wins since January.

Having watched the free fall Montreal has so successfully accomplished late in the season, I will now just cheer the team on to win as much as they can. I was mad that they dropped so far, but that is sports. :hockey:

There are players on the team that I like to watch Plekanec, K-Rex, Sheldon, Saku who make the game interesting for me. We can either cheer the team on or stick our heads in the sand and wait until next year. I am going to watch, cheer and have positive thoughts about our team. :)

GO HABS GO!

Having watched the free fall Montreal has so successfully accomplished late in the season, I will now just cheer the team on to win as much as they can. I was mad that they dropped so far, but that is sports. :hockey:

There are players on the team that I like to watch Plekanec, K-Rex, Sheldon, Saku who make the game interesting for me. We can either cheer the team on or stick our heads in the sand and wait until next year. I am going to watch, cheer and have positive thoughts about our team. :)

GO HABS GO!

What lies beneath the sand, does it include HDTV's and Beer? :lol: