Official UFA Signing Thread

Mr. Nasty

I swear Eklund has finally pissed me off. He's been right about a lot so far but with all these big major rumours of the Canucks making a major trade and them not doing anything is getting on my nerves. :angry:

Eklund uses his site to make money right. Every time you visit his site, he makes like from a penny to a nickel based on all the advertisements he has.

Don't you find it convenient that he only posts rumors that mainly concern teams with big fan bases?

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear Eklund has finally pissed me off. He's been right about a lot so far but with all these big major rumours of the Canucks making a major trade and them not doing anything is getting on my nerves. :angry:

Eklund uses his site to make money right. Every time you visit his site, he makes like from a penny to a nickel based on all the advertisements he has.

Don't you find it convenient that he only posts rumors that mainly concern teams with big fan bases?

Smart business by him.

Smart business by him.

Smart, yet horribly annoying...

Yeah, basically the advertising model his site uses would be something that generates about $1-$3 CPM per ad banner (that means he earns anywhere from a dollar to three dollars per every one thousand views of the ads).

The guy's earning in the thousands per month quite obviously..

SAN JOSE WEBSITE HAS ON THEIR TICKER THAT SOURAY IS WITH THE OILERS. THE LINK IS BROKEN AND GOES TO NHL . COM "SORRY FOR THE INCONVIENIENCE" SO IT MIGHT BE MOOT INFO

Crazy! I wonder what keeps happenign with edmonton and their "almost signings". If this is for real, first Nylander, now Souray. And I wonder how much Mrs. Souray will like living all the way in Edmonton, if Montreal was too far away from NY and LA for her (I know edmonton's geographically closer, but in terms of media and acting chances ???)

Rumoured deal is approximately 5.4 mill for 5 years. 27 mill total. However Bob Stauffer says it could be as much as 30+ mill. :unsure:

I guess we'll see for sure soon enough.

one positive for Sheldon - Edmonton is only about 2.5 hours from his hometown.

EDIT: You just have to love the Wikipedia already has him with the Oil.

Edited by simonus

LOL

edmonton.

hope his wife likes arctic winters. I seem to remember another 'merican wife not digging it too much. ;)

she lives in L.A. in winter time so it's more about souray being closer to his wife and kids.

If he signed elsewhere for less than he was offered here then I hope Komisarek gives him a welcome back when he returns to bell centre. :P

Im kinda sad about this, sorry but I am. I hope Hamrlik and the others takes it away.

still no reports on the number of years or salary... it'll be very interesting to find out what he ended up getting from the Oil who were clearly desperate to make a splash in free agency after the nylander and vanek failures.

"Sheldon Souray has signed a five-year, $27 million deal with the Edmonton Oilers.

The deal includes a no movement clause for the first three years and a $1.5 million signing bonus in both 2007 and 2008. The five-year average is $5.4 million, with Souray making $6.5 million the first two years, followed by $5.5 million in the third and $4.5 million"

This is according to Sportsnet.

Well, he certainly got more than Montreal was offering - I doubt Gainey would give him a no movement clause.

Anyhow, good luck to Souray - long rumoured to be going to the West...

LOL

edmonton.

hope his wife likes arctic winters. I seem to remember another 'merican wife not digging it too much. ;)

she lives in L.A. in winter time so it's more about souray being closer to his wife and kids.

1. that's closer

2. they play LA, ANA, etc... way more often than MTL does.

Well, he certainly got more than Montreal was offering - I doubt Gainey would give him a no movement clause.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Gainey made a statement (when he gave one to Saku?) that he would only give one to players like Saku...

e.g. Not to guys like Brisebois anymore. Or, in that situation, to a guy like Sheldon, who might really well not be worth 5.4M at midseason next year.

I was waiting for the signing to say this.

Here we have broken promises and all that "unfinished business" nonsense??? :angry: If you're leaving Sheldon, either keep your mouth shut or be honest. You don't duck media and fans by lying. :puke: If a player doesn't say a word, no one will know will they? I'm not even sour he's gone if he's going to be like that. Get out then! Less money plus a year. :blink: :blink: :blink: The HAMMER HAS FALLEN ON SOURAY :clap: :clap: :clap:

A once hero to me in Sheldon is tarnished :(

Maybe something happened between his "unfinished business" comments and UFA time that made him go sour. Because what BOb offered him and what he got from the Oilers does not spell in any way "unfinished business". One plus one is not three

DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE WAY OUT!