All Stars Road for Kovy

JoeLassister

although I think kovy is a great player, his numbers aren't good enough. he's behind brind'amour for pete's sake!!

I'd rather see Kovy at an all-star game then Brindamour regardless of the numbers.

Saku would be great to. Then you all could see how good he really is because you obviously don't watch him during games.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that numbers are the sole criterion to judge if a player deserves to play at the all star game. The point of the all star game, as far as I'm concerned, is to show flashy moves.

I want Kovalev in because he's the premier stickhandler in the league, not because he scored 14 goals in 33 games or has over 800 NHL points.

I voted for Datsuyk over Zetterberg because the former is more spectacular.

I want Ovechkin and Kovalchuk over Alfredsson or Heatley. Not because they have more goals or are better players, but because they're more flashy and have an entertaining attitude.

It's not about performance or value of the players, its about the show!

:clap:

Style points definitely count IMO....I don't want a grinder-type who gets big numbers slamming home garbage goals playing in the all-star game.

Edited by sbhatt

Just fired off another 50 votes for Kovy, Koivu, Markov, and Huet.

Keep the Kovy write-in votes going! Wouldn't that be something if he got in.

The way he is playing he will have a good chance to go.

You're a trooper!

How's he doing now?

And really, I gotta wonder if Markov is the best defenseman in the Eastern Conference. Carbonneau's already been complaining that the all-star thing might have gotten to his head and for the previous couple of weeks he was not good at all.

True that Markov did go through a rough patch a few weeks ago, but I think he's been better lately. At one point Markov was a -8. Today he's at -3, which is much better.

• 4 weeks later...

Bah it's only a poll on TSN. I voted anyway and sending a email to rds.ca to do the same poll.

It's the coach choice. The more buzz we create about it the most chances we can see the artist. He deserves the reward for coming back so strong.

Malking and Sundin are clearly the top two choices to take Heatley's spot.

Agreed. How Sundin got left off the roster is inexplicable.

Anyways, Kovalev can rest up during the allstar break, we don't need him in a meaningless game.

Exactly. I'd seriously prefer to see no Habs playing in this shenanigan.

your wish is granted, they named savard in.

it's not over for kovalev just yet. Now that Heatley is out, it opens up a spot for either him or Sundin

Edited by markierung

it's not over for kovalev just yet. Now that Heatley is out, it opens up a spot for either him or Sundin

*ahem* check out the post directly above yours.. ;) Savard will take Heatley's place.

I thought Kovalev had also said he would not go if they asked him. I can't remember where I heard that, I think he said he wants to rest.

Malkin got more votes, but he wasnt the top write in candidate. So with that being said, for F sakes give the fans what they want and give it to Kovy

Nice contradiction there. Malkin gets more votes, but then you say the fans wanted Kovalev more. Interesting. It's not like people had to go out of their way to do the write in votes. Malkin is better than Kovalev, is the future of the league, and deserves to be seen by the fans. We've all seen Kovalev, let us see Malkin now.

Nice contradiction there. Malkin gets more votes, but then you say the fans wanted Kovalev more. Interesting. It's not like people had to go out of their way to do the write in votes. Malkin is better than Kovalev, is the future of the league, and deserves to be seen by the fans. We've all seen Kovalev, let us see Malkin now.

Let me ask you Fanpuck, not trying to be rude or anything, but did you even vote? I started a group on Facebook to get Kovalev into the all star game, and got 1,504 people to join at its peak. It's not like you can oh so conveniently select Kovalev from a drop down list with only a few others on there (as Malkin was). In fact, you have to contend with a big alphabetical order slider to vote for Kovy with every "tom, joe, fred, larry and ed" in there as well. To be honest, I would bet you that some people when they do these mass voting for one person thing just click on two randoms from the East to represent along with the person from the write in list (I'm sure some people on this board are guilty as charged doing it too). For example...look at Koivu...look how many votes he got despite having a bad season? If Kovalev (67,340 votes) was on there, there is a strong possibility that he may have had the equivalent number of votes, if not more than Malkin (79,566). As for "We've all seen Kovalev"... be honest with you I've never seen Kovalev in a "Slam Dunk Type Shootout", and I sure as hell would have loved to see him in the 4 targets drill too, secondly..I've never seen him at the All Star game in a Habs Jersey...Comprende?