Lafleur Rips the Habs

markierung

Lafleur saying that the habs are playing with 4 fourth lines. A bit harsh I would think, even after getting beat by Buffalo 2 nights in a row. I think any team now a days would look like a bunch of fourth liners compared to the Habs of the 1970's.

On the brightside, these comments might just motivate the team.

Congratulations, to Guy Lafleur... another useless commentary. Lafleur's remarks are of no value in my opinion. Yes he is still acknowledge as one of the team's ambassadors. His face is what is important nowadays to the Habs not his mouth. Brutal! Congrats RDS on giving me another reason to give up cable tv.

dunno i do see your point mats, but i also think that if anyone has the right to give the habs a kick in the arse it's a former hab, like markie said it may be just what they need right now to reverse the slide, and get back in the hunt for home ice and not just the last playoff spot.

This really isn't a big deal....I think it was done with tongue in cheek in hopes to motivate the team a little more.

If he really meant to be malicious though....someone with his very public personal issues (insert crazy son joke here) should be more considerate

I think the Flower has lost his marbles..

He might have been one of the all time greats but he remains classless in my book. I loved to watch him streaking down the wing as much as anyone but enough is enough.

If u have nothing constructive or positive to say, don't say nothing at all.

Jeeeez..and I thought Patrick was bad...

Well, we all bash them at times on here, why not Guy? I wasn't impressed by the performance on Saturday either. 4 4ths maybe pushing it, but I am sure it was said in disgust after watching the game. Guy has always been very passionate and has always been outspoken, As the younger Guy ( Carbo) said, "Guy is Guy." If any of our players can put up 50 goals, then they can speak out like this after retirement as well. Or carry the team to cups like Roy for that matter. These guys were winners for a reason, and not bringing it every night was not in their books.

The challenge has been set in my opinion. Step up, carry the torch high or hand it over to someone who will. I only wish Beliveau would do the same. Maybe they would listen to him. There is a pride that is suppose to come with wearing that jersey and very few of these players seem to get that. This is not just another francise for the love of God, this is the most historic team in the game. Play like you deserve to wear the shirt.

"To you from failing hands we throw the torch. Be yours to hold it high."

And if you don't, we reserve the right to bash you!!

as a post thought, when I started working for April Wine, Jim Clench told me,"Don't just wear the shirt, be the shirt." in regards to how we handle things representing them.

So "BE THE SHIRT!"

And as my post post thought, Anyone with there number in the rafters has more right than anyone still wearing a shirt to speak on this teams behalf.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

As far as I am concerned Guy Lafleur has a free pass to say whatever the ###### he wants.

I get more joy watching a 4 minute clip on youtube of the Flower than I do watching anybody except Roy in the last 25 years.

Considering that he did his part in maintaining the legacy that was passed to him from Beliveau, who took the torch from Richard etc etc his commentary is welcome at any time. Jesus, when did we become so bloody sensitive?

This team has embarrassed itself in the last 10 years, a comment from Guy will not tarnish this thing anymore.

As far as I am concerned Guy Lafleur has a free pass to say whatever the ###### he wants.

I get more joy watching a 4 minute clip on youtube of the Flower than I do watching anybody except Roy in the last 25 years.

Considering that he did his part in maintaining the legacy that was passed to him from Beliveau, who took the torch from Richard etc etc his commentary is welcome at any time. Jesus, when did we become so bloody sensitive?

This team has embarrassed itself in the last 10 years, a comment from Guy will not tarnish this thing anymore.

Is the the first time we agreed on something?

Well said boys. Guy deserves to say what he thinks(he always has!)

This might be the kick in the ass that our boys need to wake the ###### up!

The comments were funny. Great timing, great delivery. Nothing was lost in the translation, either. If anyone took them too serious, they don't have much of a sense of humor.

Go Guy! :lol: :hlogo:

And he is not that far off while this team has good speed and great goal tending most of the players are grinders and play a grinder style. We are also in transition therefore we must play this style. Lets face it we have no guy lafluers no Steve shutts no jacques lemaires. What we do have is 3 or 4 guys who can score sometimes. In guys day they would have been second liners at best. So I guess we could say we have a 2nd line and 3 4th lines. I don't think he is wrong and as someone else said Guy can say anything he wants he earned the right. :hlogo:

Well said

exactly what i was going to say :popcorn:

guy has earned the right to voice his opinion on the team whenever and however he wants.

and i enjoyed ryder's response.. showing that ryder is very understanding and humble. wtg rydesy.. keep ya chin up newf!!

:ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg:

I'm with those who say Guy has earned the right to say whatever he wants. As for Koivu getting his back up about the comments, tough...he's been garbage the past 3 games...he needs to take a look in the mirror as much as anyone else on the team.

I'm with those who say Guy has earned the right to say whatever he wants. As for Koivu getting his back up about the comments, tough...he's been garbage the past 3 games...he needs to take a look in the mirror as much as anyone else on the team.

Koivu got his back up? Well then Koivu should start producing if he wants respect.

Guy did not say anything that is not seeded in truth. I don't believe he was being 100% serious.

But if I played on a team (76-79 Habs) that is widely recognized as the greatest of all-time and I was watching these

players drag the crest through the mud I would send a message as well.

This is not the Columbus Blue Jackets. They are not just playing for money, or to stay in the NHL.

This is a legacy and the more you refuse to work hard, the more you drag that legacy through the mud.

It is not one individual's fault. But if Koivu does not want to be the face of the franchise when they stunk he

needs to put these guys on his back for a couple of weeks.

He exaggerated, but he is right. I would say we have two second lines and 2 fourth lines.

We don't have a solid number 1 line. its not just a slump either. The career best of all three of Higgins, Ryder, and Koivu is at best a mediocre 1st line. They are a great 2nd line however.

You can always point to a team with a worse first line, but if you look at the top 5 teams and compare they outclass us completely.

Why can't we have a first line like Detroit, Ottawa, or Pittsburg? We have a solid base, but we need the top guys and we don't have them. (Pitts lacks the base, imo).

Ottawa managed to get a line of Heatley, Spezza, and Alfredson. They have at least 2 other players that could be on that line. Why exactly can the Habs not do that? Taxes? Bah...

Stop paying too much for grinders like Smo and useless defencemen and do what the successful teams are doing. They are putting a lot of money on the top 5 guys (3 forwards, 2 Defence, and a goalie) and then they fill in with cheap guys and young guys they developed.

I like the Breezy pick up, because it was cheap!!!! You can afford to have a guy like him and use him in small doses. But last year we spent a fortune on garbage. This year we are spending a fortune on mediocre...

IMO

Lafleur was a great player but I don't think his modern hockey analysis can really be taken seriously. He's just another fan now, and his comments are ridiculous.