Game Thread | Montreal vs. Atlanta | 12/22/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A disapponiting way to lose, but at least the Habs fought back for one point. A nice blast by Kovalev to tie it up. Many shots and lotsa chances, but lack of finish. Good penalty kill to gain the point. I would have to agree that Huet just looks terrible in the shootouts. 3 saves on 8 shots now. That just in not gonna cut it. I had a bad feeling on the shootout. Huet just does not look comfortable in the shootout. I doubt Carbo would do it, but i would put a cold Price in for the shootout. I've seen Edmonton do it before. Hard to say how it would make Huet feel.

The Habs easily could have walked away with 2 points in regulation, but at least got one. Love what S. Kosty adds to the lineup: speed, creativity, good vision, even strong defensive play staying high in the slot to be first man back. The future looks promising for this kid. With the exception of Laps dumb penalty, him and Lats and Dandy had a very strong game. I'll give Laps a break, given his tenacious forechecking all night. Great forcheck and work in the Atlanta zone. Too bad, no finish.

Hopefully they have some legs left for Dallas tomorrow. Gotta stop that Ribeiro kid, he is on fire lately and all season. Even with the back to back, i think Huet should get the nod tomorrow. Might be a time to put Ryder back in the lineup, but hard to say who for. Maybe for Kostopolo, even though he doesn't really deserve to be scratched. Maybe for Streit and put him back on D.

Go Habs Go.

Here we go again............. pinning the loss on 1 guy.

Laps missed an OPEN net late in the game............... I think it's his fault. :rolleyes:

Please show where somebody blamed Huet? Now stating a fact is blame? Give me a break.

Go look at the numbers and show me a theory that proves that he is not terrible in the shootout.

Please show where somebody blamed Huet? Now stating a fact is blame? Give me a break.

Go look at the numbers and show me a theory that proves that he is not terrible in the shootout.

Fine, I'm saying [FACT] if LAPS scores we don't go to OT!

Edited by kenadian

Fine, I'm saying if LAPS scores we don't go to OT!

If Kovalchuk doesn't miss the net on 3-4 chances in the 3rd it would not either. There is no blame.

Atlanta is better in the shootout than we are. Simple as that.

No blame? Rightttttttttttttttt, but you bring up Huet's OT record, what about our OT shooters what's their shooting %? We usually don't go past 3 shooters and Koviu is what now 2-7? That's less than 50%.................

HABS OT SHOOTING %

Edited by kenadian

No blame? Rightttttttttttttttt, but you bring up Huet's OT record, what about our OT shooters what's their shooting %? We usually don't go past 3 shooters and Koviu is what now 2-7? That's less than 50%.................

HABS OT SHOOTING %

So let me get this straight. If the Habs lose and I state a fact from the game it is blame?

Sergei Kostitsyn is 0 for 1 in shootouts. Am I blaming him?

Huet is terrible in the shootout. If you can prove that statement wrong and it is an irrational blame I will buy your argument that I am blaming him.

Habs players shootout %

Koivu's 2-7

Kovalev's 1-4

Higgens 0-3

Plekanec 0-4

Fact! I'm not blaming them just stating facts as well.

Funny it always comes down to our goaltending (either they win or lose the game for us)

And I'm done with this thread.................

The guy is less than 50% on shootout attempts. What about Price stopping Malkin, Crosby, Armstrong etc, they are top shooters....those are excuses.

Name me the last time he won in the shootout. Nobody can remember off the top of their head.

Why is Marc Denis dominant in shootouts?

Price is very good in shoot outs, but he let in the exact same goal.. shot to the top corner.. that is impossible to stop if the shooter is accurate.

I am not saying Huet is great at the shootout, but he is no worse then our forwards, who have a horrible shooting percentage.

I feel sorry for Huet. With Price in the wings every goal he lets in gets over analyzed. He has a better record the Price, got out to the OT, and a point. Our problem is offense, not goaltending.

Oh, and Price is has won 2 and lost 2 in shootouts. Better then Huet, but he is beatable.

Not sure if I would put any goalie in cold for a shootout, but I would rather have Huet in net for most games right now. If we end up in a shootout, so be it.

I hate losing in a shoot out, but a point is a point.

Habs have collected points in 5 out of their last 6 games. That puts an end to the slump in my books. Whether or not we'll continue gaining points or fall back into a new slump remains to be seen, but the future looks bright.

Another game thread (thanks Spidey), another game and another battleground.

Wamsley isn't blaming anyone! My God what the hell is wrong here?

He is simply saying that Huet is not as gifted in the shootout category as he is with the rest of his game.

How has this been twisted in to blaming Huet for the loss?

:?- :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Ah this site is starting remind of the old ESPN board with Linden Fan. Too much with the contraversy.

Huet sucks at shootouts. His stats and performance say so. End of story.

Our shooters suck at shootouts. Saku's move is way too old and everyone is waiting for it, Kovy tries that high backhand too much and misses the net. Our shooters suck at shootouts...end of story.

Habs suck at shootouts...End of story :puke:

Another game thread (thanks Spidey), another game and another battleground.

Wamsley isn't blaming anyone! My God what the hell is wrong here?

He is simply saying that Huet is not as gifted in the shootout category as he is with the rest of his game.

How has this been twisted in to blaming Huet for the loss?

:?- :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Because people get all bent out of shape when you mention flaws of players on a .500 team.

Huet

2005-06 - 1-2 (3 goals/9 shots)

2006-07 - 2-3 (8 goals/14 shots)

2007-08 - 0-3 (5 goals/8 shots)

Huet is 3-8 with 16 goals in 31 shots. No matter how you slice it, it is brutal.

Luongo

2005-06 - 4-4 (7 goals/27 shots)

2006-07 - 5-3 (10 goals/31 shots)

2007-08 - 1-3 (6 goals/18 shots)

Luongo is 10-10 with 22 goals on 72 shots.

Thomas

2005-06 - 2-6 (9 goals/31 shots)

2006-07 - 8-2 (8 goals/46 shots)

2007-08 - 0-2 (4 goals/4 shots)

Thomas is 10-10 with 22 goals on 81 shots.

The guy is weak in the shootout? He has stopped less than 50% of his shots. Thomas and Luongo are way ahead of that torrid pace, maybe not this season.

As far as Price being 2-2, well the kid has stopped 15 of 19 shots. That is the same amount of saves Huet has made in 3 years.

I did not blame Huet for the loss. I claimed he sucks in the shootout. Guess what, the numbers support that theory.

The masses who go nuts when anybody criticizes their heroes need to take off their Huet jersey and rose coloured glasses and comment based on reality.

If you choose not to do so, go nuts. But I didn't make those numbers up, if you have a problem with them, take it up with Cristobal Huet.

Edited by Wamsley01