Game Thread | Habs vs. Lightning | 27/12/07

Cataclaw

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. We shouldn't just sit him out indefinitely, he wasn't terrible in the last few games he played, and the team wasn't tearing it up without him.

I thikn the Habs are 3 and 1 when Ryder doesn't play!?!?! That might be some kind of indicator!?!?

Tampa lost to Washington tonight while Montreal was waiting for them in Tampa. I really hope the Canadiens come out with a strong game and get some excellent goaltending.

Corection. THe HABs NEED to come out strong and get a couple of early goals. We seem to have all the trouble in the world to come out of Florida(Tampa and Miami) with 2 wins.

So, the media's been hinting that Ryder will play tonight. While I suppose we await the news from practice, I'd still like to see Ryder on a line with Latendresse and Freddy.

If Ryder plays tonight, you'd expect that would cool the "Ryder-to-Carolina-after-the-trade-freeze" talks. Why play someone to be shipped out at 12:01 AM?

I haven't heard any of those rumours. Who exactly would the Habs get in return for Ryder?

I haven't heard any of those rumours. Who exactly would the Habs get in return for Ryder?

Cant really see us trading with the canes. Almost like trading with Boston or Toronto.

Edited by Dalhabs

Habsinsideout just posted the final lineup:

"The Gazette's Pat Hickey reports that the Canadiens' lineup for the Lightning in Tampa Bay looks like this:

Koivu centring Latendresse and Sergei Kostitsyn

Plekanec between Kovalev and Andrei Kostitsyn

Lapierre centring Higgins and Ryder

Kostopoulos between Streit and Dandenault

Kyle Chipchura is the healthy scratch. "

it will be.... interesting.

Habsinsideout just posted the final lineup:

"The Gazette's Pat Hickey reports that the Canadiens' lineup for the Lightning in Tampa Bay looks like this:

Koivu centring Latendresse and Sergei Kostitsyn

Plekanec between Kovalev and Andrei Kostitsyn

Lapierre centring Higgins and Ryder

Kostopoulos between Streit and Dandenault

Kyle Chipchura is the healthy scratch. "

it will be.... interesting.

Thanks, i'll update the game thread.

Has Carbo changed his system? Are we going to be less passive and at least try to make things happen? Are we going to play for the win rather than not to lose? Is he going to pump up his players in the media rather than cut them down again and again even though their confidence is shot? Are we actually going to USE our speed?

We'll always be a bubble team unless we start playing the game.

Not saying we won't win, but we're a permanent bubble team until we start adapting.

not a fan of Chips sitting for Ryder.

Loyalty is one thing, but when its clear that this guy is sucking it up its time to play our future which is what Chipchura is! If Ryder does not perform tonite I hope he is shipped away or not played anymore, this is getting ridiculous, the guy just SOES NOT have it this season!

Has Carbo changed his system? Are we going to be less passive and at least try to make things happen? Are we going to play for the win rather than not to lose? Is he going to pump up his players in the media rather than cut them down again and again even though their confidence is shot? Are we actually going to USE our speed?

Not saying we won't win, but we're a permanent bubble team until we start adapting.

We can only hope. If Guy isn't willing/able to make those changes, and BG isn't willing to make a change in such a situation, then they should both be run out of town ASAP. I'd rather see the type of team that is entertaining to watch win or lose.

not a fan of Chips sitting for Ryder.

Loyalty is one thing, but when its clear that this guy is sucking it up its time to play our future which is what Chipchura is! If Ryder does not perform tonite I hope he is shipped away or not played anymore, this is getting ridiculous, the guy just SOES NOT have it this season!

Try to look at it this way: Chipchura plays great, you are a little better defensively as a team and you maybe get one goal out of him over a ten game span. IF (and it's a big IF, mind you) Ryder plays great, you could average a goal every two games over that same span and actually affect the win-loss ratio. Also, if Ryder plays great, you can deal him at the deadline for something of value. There's just more upside to Ryder coming in and regaining his form over the short-term. The CH can't afford to not take another stab at getting Ryder back on track. Chips sitting for a couple of games won't hurt the style of game he plays very much.

It will hurt if Ryder comes in and plays shitty being a negative player and hindering the team. Ryder is a bug MAYBE, while Chips has shown he can get it done, and Chipchura is sooooo much stronger on the puck than Ryder is, forget which game it was where he took it and looped around into the netminder and then someone potted the uck for the goal(was it against WAS?)

I just hope that if Ryder does not show he is ready after two games they dont try to force him into regaining his form. IMO this should be his last straw, give him two games with a good amount of PP time. If he doesnt bring it ship him for something, anything....if he regains his form somewhere else we will see all the CARBO boo birds come out, but we will know deep down inside carbo tried everything he could. No use taking Kosty JR. off the top line as he is performing amazingly and has a great future at the moment. But I like how Carbo has taken an offensive player in Higgins and put him with Ryder on the third. this shows that Carbo is trying his best to get Ryder going.

OT- Was anyone surprised/ happy to see SKost playing on the point on the PP! Great move by Carbs IMHO, it shows that he is aware!

OT- Was anyone surprised/ happy to see SKost playing on the point on the PP! Great move by Carbs IMHO, it shows that he is aware!
Maybe he watched some London highlights and it dawned on Carbo that maybe Dale Hunter had the right idea of S. Kostitsyn being on the point on the powerplay.

I'm not happy that Chips is out but this may be prelude to a move. That's a BIG maybe. If Gainey has a trade for Ryder lined up, it's possible that the other GM involved wants to watch him play a couple of games first. If this is the case and Chips is out due to this I won't be too annoyed. Chips sitting to "take one for the team" so Ryder can be moved is forgiveable.

Chips had better not be out for long. :angry:

Maybe he watched some London highlights and it dawned on Carbo that maybe Dale Hunter had the right idea of S. Kostitsyn being on the point on the powerplay.

I'm not happy that Chips is out but this may be prelude to a move. That's a BIG maybe. If Gainey has a trade for Ryder lined up, it's possible that the other GM involved wants to watch him play a couple of games first. If this is the case and Chips is out due to this I won't be too annoyed. Chips sitting to "take one for the team" so Ryder can be moved is forgiveable.

Chips had better not be out for long. :angry:

and he wont !!

Ryder deserves a chance to redeem himself and carbonneau was wize enough to put him on a line with higgins.

lol Mr. Prichett, Carbo is not going to change his defensive system and he never will, especially considering we have a team full of defensive players. If you don't like his system (which is obvious) then... well I guess you're in for a tough ride because he isn't getting fired any time soon. I don't like the idea of benching Chipchura, especially if it means playing Kostopoulos at centre, but it's not the end of the world - these lines have potential, just like just about all the combinations Carbo or any of us can dream up.

by the way, how can I get my hands back on Carney, I'm willing to downgrade Poti. :)

My thoughts on Ryder playing is that he is getting one last chance (Gainey has proven himself to be so patient) to prove that he can work in Montreal before he is dealt away (hopefully for Ladd). If he scores three hat tricks and wins a fight, the general reaction would be "great! he's drastically increased his trade value!" but in reality, the better Ryder plays tonight, the greater the chance Gainey is going to think maybe Ryder is getting out of his slump. Personally, I hope he has an average game that doesn't affect his trade value or his likeliness to stay in Montreal.