Habs Trade Poll

MMPL

Pretend you're in Bob's shoes...  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these rumored stars would you trade for?

• Marion Hossa (59GP 26G 55P)
    • Alex Tanguay (61GP 13G 48P)
    • Martin Havlat (32GP 9G 25P)
    • Olli Jokinen (63GP 29G 59P)
    • Jaromir Jagr (62GP 15G 53P)
    • Brad Richards (61GP 18G 50P)
    • Bobby Holik (62GP 10G 22P)
    • Dan Boyle (16GP 3G 10P)
    • Brian Campbell (61GP 5G 43P)
    • Mats Sundin (62GP 24G 61P)
    • BG will get someone else!

In my opinion, Brad Richards gives us the best value for now and for the future.

He is a brilliant player in all aspects of the game.

I agree. Koivu is not playing forever and Richards would be a good addition. He always gets to play with Tampa's farm players and has this kind of production, wow.

It was a tough choice, but I took Olli over Richards. Olli is just that much more of a physical presence that we so desperately need. I could, however, settle for Brad. ;)

It was a tough choice, but I took Olli over Richards. Olli is just that much more of a physical presence that we so desperately need. I could, however, settle for Brad. ;)

Ahh it would be nice to have a choice, however Martin would want Obyrne and Krex and Price for Olli :o

Hossa....

Due to his NTC and salary, we're stuck with Koivu on the payroll for another couple of years...so we might as well sign a guy that will help his production buy burying his passes more often than not.

One of the big-name centers would be my choice tho if Koivu wasn't an obstacle.

Totally agreed.

Jokinen has two more years after this one at 5.25m a year!! WHAT A STEAL!

While Richards has a GIGANTIC contract at 7.8m a year for 3 more years after this one.

Both would be amazing additions but if we wanna sign our youth then we just cant get Brad.

So Olli it is.... I hope! ^_^

I'd like to see Hossa and Tanguay come over...and if Ryder, Streit and possibly Huet are the only roster players moved with the rest being picks/prospects I'd be really happy with the result. Based on the assumption that any deal for Hossa includes a contract extension. This way, even if the goaltending isn't strong enough to carry them in this playoffs they'd have 1 or 2 more playoffs with this offense in place...

Tanguay-Koivu-Hossa

(A)Kosty-Pleks-Kovalev

Higgins-Chipchura-(S)Kosty

Lats-Lappy-Begin

That's some killer offense...top line would have 3 80+ point guys...and line 2 would be our current top line with even more room to move thanks to Hossa and Tanguay on line 1. Not to mention that Line 3 would have stellar 2 way potential...

All of it should fit under the salary cap too...

Totally agreed.

Jokinen has two more years after this one at 5.25m a year!! WHAT A STEAL!

While Richards has a GIGANTIC contract at 7.8m a year for 3 more years after this one.

Both would be amazing additions but if we wanna sign our youth then we just cant get Brad.

So Olli it is.... I hope! ^_^

Don't forget Vinnie's statement, about it being a dream come true hoisting a cup in Montreal a couple of weeks ago. It's very important to not tie ourselves to a massive contract. When Vinny hits the UFA market it will be very important for Gainey to have loads of dough to bring to the table. I'd sacrafice any big trades and roll with what we have to get a chance at Lecavalier. One more season after this............and it's Vinnie Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would hate to have cap issues that summer because we trade Higgins, or ? and other youth for Hossa or Richards.........I'm willing to be patient still....

Get Richards, trade Saku for Oilers 1st to play with Salami, put "C" on Richards, take the cup. $ saved on Huet and Koivu soften blow. He is that much better of a centre. No disrespect. But c'mon, Richards or Koivu? No question in my mind. I just can't believe we would be in a position to land that kind of talent.

Lot of you guys are setting yourselves up for major disappointments!

I've got this "almost had it but fell short" feeling... you know, the one that we've grown used to with UFA's every summer?

We'll probably just end up with Manny Malhotra or Andre Roy... :P

Get Richards, trade Saku for Oilers 1st to play with Salami, put "C" on Richards, take the cup. $ saved on Huet and Koivu soften blow. He is that much better of a centre. No disrespect. But c'mon, Richards or Koivu? No question in my mind. I just can't believe we would be in a position to land that kind of talent.

I'd love to get my hands on a pick like that, but Gainey would never rip up the dressing room on a deal like that. Maybe you put down the Jager for a second and realize that we have a good thing going in Montreal? You do not trade away your captain now...........Just the shock of that would send us into a 10 game spiral. If you haven't noticed we are only 7 pts from being OUT!!! of a play-off position. I'm a little bored but I'm not that bored. ^_^

We're not the Leafs!!!!

Yea I got to agree with KoZed here. It's going to be Holik and depth player this deadline. :unsure:

Ideally, I'd go for Richards. Have to swing the salary front.

Cap goes up, Ryder, Huet, Smoke, Breezer money saved, maybe a cost-cutting deal too, maybe then.

No Richards, Tanguay, because he's more than a couple of months. Like Hossa, but only after a contract extension.

Martin will want the world for Jokinen. Good point about the Vinnie possibility too by Saks-Ave...but if he signs an extension with them, we might miss the boat now.

Won't be surprised to hear Jarret Stoll / Holik / some guy like that, though.

Edited by tokyohabs

I really don't like waiting until the end like this. Yes most GM's wait until the final hour to get the best deal when selling players off, but I like what Ottawa did getting Stillman and Commodore a week plus early to see if anything is needed after that.

Even if we get Hossa (I hope not over Olli) what happens if he comes here and can't fit in with our guys? Do you think he would resign with us if he doesn't feel comfortable? Not likely

I really don't like waiting until the end like this. Yes most GM's wait until the final hour to get the best deal when selling players off, but I like what Ottawa did getting Stillman and Commodore a week plus early to see if anything is needed after that.

Even if we get Hossa (I hope not over Olli) what happens if he comes here and can't fit in with our guys? Do you think he would resign with us if he doesn't feel comfortable? Not likely

Of course he would not but thats the risk that some GM will make.

I picked Holik as the guy I want the most... Plekanec have proved to be a top2 centre and we all know Koivu can be one when he plays as he should and I think he will coming playoff times. Holik would be a great 3rd line centre with grit who also can produce points which it seems smolinski cant. Get rid of smolinski for a pick or something, some team with lots of injuries should want him. Id really love to see us get a Dman though, someone like Komi.

I picked Holik as the guy I want the most... Plekanec have proved to be a top2 centre and we all know Koivu can be one when he plays as he should and I think he will coming playoff times. Holik would be a great 3rd line centre with grit who also can produce points which it seems smolinski cant. Get rid of smolinski for a pick or something, some team with lots of injuries should want him. Id really love to see us get a Dman though, someone like Komi.

I doubt that Smoke would waive his NTC and move his family AGAIN.

I doubt that Smoke would waive his NTC and move his family AGAIN.

wouldn't a player in his situation take out a hotel for the remainder of the season, leave his family in montreal and choose where to go at the end of the season?

That being said, I doubt he'd waive the NTC.

Close between Jokinen and Hossa. Hossa would obviously be a good choice. He's a star-caliber sniper who would benefit from Koivu's playmaking prowess. If we could lock him up, he could easily be our franchise player (who ins't a goalie :P). Jokinen is just a great player in every aspect. I would take him over Hossa except that he plays centre. That would leave us with 3 first line level centers...

Richards is in too much of a slump to compare to either of those two. You also have to look who he's been playing with. Boyle would be nice but we already have enough $ locked up in out D. Sundin is too old, I want young blood. However, the proverbial slap to Toronto's face would almost be worth it.