Game Thread | Habs vs. Thrashers | 26/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job Claw. Love the Gainey tribute.

I also would like to say thanks to Mr. Huet. Unfortunately that decision had to be made.

Actually i meant to have the Gainey tribute for last saturday's game thread but i accidently put it up again.

I think i'll leave it up anyway. Gainey's so awesome he deserves two game threads in his honor! :lol: :lol:

GO HABS GO

I was looking forward to this game....practically on pins and needles.

Now, I have a hard time feeling anything about it....the only bright side is that Hossa won't be against the Habs tonight. Let's hope Price doesn't stink like he did the last time out.

Atlanta will be a pretty weak team without Hossa, the key for tonight's game will be to shutdown Kovalchuk. If Komisarek and Price can handle that then this team shouldn't be much of a threat to us.

Atlanta will be a pretty weak team without Hossa, the key for tonight's game will be to shutdown Kovalchuk. If Komisarek and Price can handle that then this team shouldn't be much of a threat to us.

Thanks Captain Jinx! :P

Ugh. I'm so downed by Huet leaving. I don't argue with getting rid of him, but all we got was a second rounder. Still, I think Price is the man. Anyone want to make me a nice Price sig? :)

What were other goalies getting on the market?

What did Bryzgalov land (whom mind you is probably better than Huet)

Why hasnt this question been posed yet....what if Price get shellacked?

Also, somebody said that Grabovski was called up in another thread...is this true?

What if Huet got shellacked? People on here act like we traded an All-Star who was playing fantastic.

The guy was terrible for the last 3-4 weeks. Halak stepped up last year when nobody thought he could.

Price has done the same in the past as well.

Like Gainey said, they wouldn't call it a risk if there was no risk involved.

Also, somebody said that Grabovski was called up in another thread...is this true?

Yes. I actually saw him get on the plane to Montreal this morning...somehow I missed Halak however as he was supposed to be on the same flight.

Well then Halak comes in.

And yes he was.

I imagine the next 20 games are going to be a blast.

Anytime the Habs lose I am going to have to hear about this deal. I am excited to see Halak

and Price. These guys are the future.

I am looking at bright skies, not the storm clouds everybody is forecasting.

What if Huet got shellacked? People on here act like we traded an All-Star who was playing fantastic.

The guy was terrible for the last 3-4 weeks. Halak stepped up last year when nobody thought he could.

Price has done the same in the past as well.

Like Gainey said, they wouldn't call it a risk if there was no risk involved.

Blah blah to the blah blahs. Many of us at the beginning of the season contemplated and wrote threads on either Huet or Halak being traded. The 3 headed monster so to speak. Gainey rolls the bones and we hate it?

Number 2, Huet is a UFA. Name another team in the NHL who would have given us a 2nd. The only team I could see wanting to acquire Huet would be Colorado. Then Colorado would have the Huet in town who stole Jose's job initially. Colorado isn't interested in that. Scan the league and identify another playoff bound team that could use Huet without disrupting their number 1? Most teams have good backups these days anyway.

The reason Huet's stock is so low is more directly tied to his UFA status. Gainey made a fair competant trade. I'm done with this!

Go Habs Go