Could everyone stop rioting please?!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... we were joking about this at work yesterday before the game - that if Montreal won, there would be riots and such. I didn't actually think it would happen this early in the playoffs.

I can't believe it. WTF were the cops doing?

Pick just one of the little sh*ts and beat the crap out of him, then move to the next you can catch, until all the little sh*ts are scared for their lives. You're the freaking police.

Youth these days are not scared enough.

apparently some of these people weren't even fans, they had masks on etc. seriously wtf, this isn't Paris, covered up faces? stupid idiotic anarchists who use a game to cause trouble for no reason.

NONE OF THEM ARE FANS.

Hockey fans are way to happy to stir up this shit.

I wish all these losers would join the military and do something positive with their aggression.

What the hell is wrong with people?

Police should have the right to shoot the little bastards. Watching the person who is next to you have their head explode from a shotgun blast would likely serve as a solid deterrent.

Snipers on the roof for the next round.

Maybe China can offer some good advice on how best to handle this?

What the hell is wrong with people?

Police should have the right to shoot the little bastards. Watching the person who is next to you have their head explode from a shotgun blast would likely serve as a solid deterrent.

Snipers on the roof for the next round.

Maybe China can offer some good advice on how best to handle this?

What the hell is wrong with you? Are you serious? :huh:

anarchyks8.jpg

Great, just what we need here in T.O. as Habs fans. Couldn't believe what I was hearing on the Buffalo 550AM news driving in to work. Why, please explain the mentality of anyone rioting after ANY sports event? Alcohol? Drugs? Has to be, because the natural elation of winning would never result in rioting. I always say how classy Montreal/Habs fans are; and we may claim that it isn't fans doing this; but to the rest of the world the news relays it as "fans after the game...."

Sad really, never thought people in Montreal, never! Especially after a 1st round, Game 7? Our expectations are surely much higher than that. I can just see and hear Don Cherry tonight on CBC at the Calgary/SJ game. Damn! :?- :?- :?-

Great, just what we need here in T.O. as Habs fans. Couldn't believe what I was hearing on the Buffalo 550AM news driving in to work. Why, please explain the mentality of anyone rioting after ANY sports event? Alcohol? Drugs? Has to be, because the natural elation of winning would never result in rioting. I always say how classy Montreal/Habs fans are; and we may claim that it isn't fans doing this; but to the rest of the world the news relays it as "fans after the game...."

Sad really, never thought people in Montreal, never! Especially after a 1st round, Game 7? Our expectations are surely much higher than that. I can just see and hear Don Cherry tonight on CBC at the Calgary/SJ game. Damn! :?- :?- :?-

I remember the days where a first round victory was met with a yawn.

So I blame this riot on Rejean Houle and Ronald Corey. IT IS THEIR FAULT!

Just saw the news...I don't understand...aren't fans supposed to be happy after a win? What does lighting police cars on fire have to do with anything? :huh:

I wouldn't mind a street party after...but that was just downright stupid. Shame on whoever was involved.

You know if the police can control this (I was there in 2006)...they can pretty much control anything

I really doubt that this was fans rioting. We've all seen this before in other cities, it's not unique to Montreal. I'd bet there's a criminal element that waits for a big win, knowing emotions will be high and booze will be flowing...incites a riot and uses it as cover for looting and robbery. I mean come on, some of these guys had ski masks on! How many FANS show up to a playoff game in April with a ski mask in their pocket? Pre-meditated criminal activity in my opinion.

A Leaf buddy was bashing me this morning about the rioting and how terrible our fans were. My response was that this goes on in many cities. Living in Toronto you're insulated from it as no major sporting event has been won in your lifetime...still waiting for a response :lol:

I really doubt that this was fans rioting. We've all seen this before in other cities, it's not unique to Montreal. I'd bet there's a criminal element that waits for a big win, knowing emotions will be high and booze will be flowing...incites a riot and uses it as cover for looting and robbery. I mean come on, some of these guys had ski masks on! How many FANS show up to a playoff game in April with a ski mask in their pocket? Pre-meditated criminal activity in my opinion.

A Leaf buddy was bashing me this morning about the rioting and how terrible our fans were. My response was that this goes on in many cities. Living in Toronto you're insulated from it as no major sporting event has been won in your lifetime...still waiting for a response :lol:

:lol::clap:

But this is silly. Sad for the real fans...

Yeah it was too bad. It was nice on St. Denis. I watched the game at home, and spent about 20 minutes looking out over the street watching fans and flags and cars honking going by. It was such a serene and happy time. This was before I found out about the rioting though...

Edited by les_glorieux

A riot is everyone's business. 500 000$ damages in public property damage is every tax payer's business. Thousand of dollars of damages to small store owners is everybody's business.

That snitching crap is just a cope out for social irresponsibility. That's why the few rotten apples spoil the lot, because nobody wants to do their civic duties and get involved.

Where I was the cops did an EXCELLENT job of keeping the peace.

Basically on Rene-Levesque, cops were controlling the traffic by blocking streets and what not which reduced the flows of cars. This forced fans to pretty much leave the area. As for pedestrians on the street, I thought they were getting a bit rowdy. It's a little on some occasions when some passing cars wouldn't celebrate. They'd bang on them "passively".

The only "crazy" things I saw near my area was the guy climbing the traffic light. I was really hoping that the supports would give out so he could land on his face to teach him a lesson about messing with city property. I'm not trying to sound off here but I thought that was tasteless until I got home and saw the riots.

As corny as it is, believe in the cops. Right now they're just being more passive than aggressive so they can assess how to manage things next time around. I wouldn't worry to much about the morons who rioted and looted, they'll get what's coming to them. Keep in mind, they had undercover cops in the crowd and not to mention hundreds of people with digital cameras. Something is going to give.

As corny as it is, believe in the cops. Right now they're just being more passive than aggressive so they can assess how to manage things next time around. I wouldn't worry to much about the morons who rioted and looted, they'll get what's coming to them. Keep in mind, they had undercover cops in the crowd and not to mention hundreds of people with digital cameras. Something is going to give.

I hope more arrests will come in the next couple of days. That crap reflects so badly on the city and the province as a whole. Not sure you'll attract lot of calm dollars-spending tourists with this barbarian stuff. All you'll attract is more "weekend punks" from the subburbs who'll come to release their pent up agressivity, like what Quebec City had to go through with the St-Jean festivities in the mid-90's.

I'd put snipers on the roofs with rubber-balls guns and tell them to shoot on sight. You're not going to kill anyone, just incapacitate them or send them home crying to mommy.