Habs UFA and RFA Signings

I think O'byrne is more expendable then Komi. He seems extremely motivated to be the best player and team mate he can. Seems very loyal to the Habs, those guys are invaluable. Stevens is a good example.

Valentenko really didn't impress me that much. I saw a handfull of AHL games. Valentenko wasn't really physical, wasn't a great skater. I also have a very small sample to base that opinion on.

Cerebus were you talking about Bouillon's size or McDonagh? Because McDonagh is like 6'1 or 2 like 205, 210 pounds. He has good size and speed.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think O'byrne is more expendable then Komi. He seems extremely motivated to be the best player and team mate he can. Seems very loyal to the Habs, those guys are invaluable. Stevens is a good example.

Valentenko really didn't impress me that much. I saw a handfull of AHL games. Valentenko wasn't really physical, wasn't a great skater. I also have a very small sample to base that opinion on.

Cerebus were you talking about Bouillon's size or McDonagh? Because McDonagh is like 6'1 or 2 like 205, 210 pounds. He has good size and speed.

I was talking about Bouillon...

As for Valentenko - and for Carle for that matter - they're far from being blue chip prospects that will undoubtly have NHL careers, but I think we must find a way to give them at least one small chance to prove themselves at some point. Again, maybe we can recall them at some point of the season so they can share a few games with Bouillon (who can't possibly be in the team's plans for even the near future).

And if they're decent, but not great, then at least they might become trade material for low draft picks, a utility player, or as a bonus in a bigger trade.

Depends when you saw Valentenko. Early in the year he was taking himself out of the play throwing ill advised hits,

he was terrible in the first game I saw him play in Hamilton, but when I saw the Dogs and Marlies late in the year in

Toronto he was alot better. More controlled in his aggression.

Team 990 and CKAC reports Ryan O'Byrne has just signed a 3 year deal with the Habs. Terms Undisclosed.

Hopefully in the 700k-1 million range.

Edit: Also signed Shawn Belle to a two-year deal if I am not mistaken.

Heres the link. http://www.corussports.com/canadiens/o_byr...16-1047253.html

Edited by Koivu11

Team 990 reports Ryan O'Byrne has just signed a 3 year deal with the Habs. Terms Undisclosed.

Hopefully in the 700k-1 million range.

I think you hit it on the head with that guess.

Tha Habs also signed Glumac and recently aquired Shawn Belle.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=243554&amp...s=headlines_nhl

great news! Hopefully it's for less than a mil. And I believe O'Byrne will still be RFA after these 3 years... awesome!

great news! Hopefully it's for less than a mil. And I believe O'Byrne will still be RFA after these 3 years... awesome!

I guess you're right. I thought he'd be 27 at the end, but his birthday is July 19, so he'd still be RFA. That off-season will be quite the decision time as well: Markov, Hamrlik, and Gorges are UFA's, and now O'Byrne is a RFA. I assume the very early plan would be to keep 2 of the 4 and replace the other two internally.

D corp is complete. One of the best in the East if not the best.

Good depth move in Glumac, with mature and size can net 20 goals a year in AHL

as a vet with the Dogs. Good replacement for Ferland-Lahti role.

on habsinsideout.com it mentions that 'as per club policy the terms of the deal were not disclosed'. Does anybody know why this only applies to certain players? the dollar figures of most contracts are announced to the media.

on habsinsideout.com it mentions that 'as per club policy the terms of the deal were not disclosed'. Does anybody know why this only applies to certain players? the dollar figures of most contracts are announced to the media.

Usually they are disclosed by someone else, likely the NHLPA, the player, or the agent. The team never mentions the money involved in their own releases.

2 825 000/3y is not a bad contract at all for o'byrne. good contract Julien.

hey Patrice, i hope you won't be there when Bob doesn't call.

So a cap hit of $941,666 per season

Very good contract.

The full details.

"Ryan O'Byrne has signed a three-year contract worth $2.825 million. He will make $700,000 this season, $725,000 in 2009-'10 and $1.4 million in the final season of the deal.

O'Byrne made $590,000 last season.

The signing leaves the Canadiens $6.8 million under the salary cap."

Edited by Habitforming

Very good contract.

The full details.

"Ryan O'Byrne has signed a three-year contract worth $2.825 million. He will make $700,000 this season, $725,000 in 2009-'10 and $1.4 million in the final season of the deal.

maybe a bit more since you'd be sending Dandy in the minors and you'd save almost 2M extra.

Very good contract.

The full details.

and some spare parts they can dump if they want the blds

maybe a bit more since you'd be sending Dandy in the minors and you'd save almost 2M extra.

I don't think the Habs would do that. That would be a classless move that a team like the Leaves or the Flyers would make. They might buy Dandy out, but I don't think they'd send him to the minors!

I don't think the Habs would do that. That would be a classless move that a team like the Leaves or the Flyers would make. They might buy Dandy out, but I don't think they'd send him to the minors!

I'm pretty sure the time for buy-outs has passed. That being said, I think Bob would trade Dandy before dumping him in the minors.

I'm pretty sure the time for buy-outs has passed. That being said, I think Bob would trade Dandy before dumping him in the minors.

That's right, there are no more buy outs. My guess is that if we don't sign Brisebois, Dandenault will serve as our 7th defenceman - but if we do, then he'll be shopped around for whatever we can get.

my GF...
Did he try to make off with her purse? :lol:

And once again, BOb has the team fully signed (exception: possibly Sundin) well before the majority of the rest of the league are even close. BOb has done this every year since getting the GM chair.

Tres bien :clap:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

well they would do it very nicely, they wouldn't be mean or anything :rolleyes: it is a business and tough decisions have to be made. If it happens he needs to suck it up and get on with life. :hlogo:

O'Byrne's a dirty bast...He tried to pick up my GF on the Greek island of Corfu this summer. When she turned him down, he went after the fat chick at the bar.

and.........................................?

O'Byrne's a dirty bast...He tried to pick up my GF on the Greek island of Corfu this summer. When she turned him down, he went after the fat chick at the bar.

Did you ask him for an autograph or did u threaten you were gonna crack him over the head with your wifes purse?? (JK)

When were you in Corfu anyways? I was there for a wedding with my wife between June 26th - 30th. I was stuck with a bunch of women, and I just couldn't take it anymore. if I wouldn't known there were other Habs fans there I would have met you up for a beer. Maybe we could have gone cruising for some Swedish honeys with Ryan too.. :ninja: