New Goal Song?

MMPL

I just listened to it here: http://wwwrealitycheckeyesontheprize.blogs...-goal-song.html

Can't say I'm in love with it, but considering I was seriously DREADING the fact that it's simple plan, it's not nearly as horrible as I feared... Too bad though. I still would have preferred another band. Just about ANY other band...

SoOoo....simple Plan wrote this song for the habs eh?

I have proof that they pretty much stole the instrumental from this hip hop instrumental...listen to the ending of the video

from the link provided in Shorthanded's post

now listen to the beginning of this instrumental....

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=bL508utK21o

Hahaha!!! thank you T.I for the instrumental; i hope he sues simple plan for using his instrumental so they get rid of that garbage goal song. Simple Plan surely shouldn't have the rights to be a part of a season of this magnitude...let alone claim they composed an original piece of music for the Habs when really they didn't!!!! :angry:

Edited by l<OV4L3V

Well... we have no real idea that they claimed to have created that part of it.

Anyways, here is a higher quality version of the whole song.

The part used for goals is the chorus, its at the 1:00 and 2:00 marks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbjpqvFbSx0

all and all, its not bad, though i'll have to hear the bell centre version to really know how it will sound. So, i'll have my ears ready during the Detroit game thursday, since TSN should sound better than that crappy cell phone video.

Edited by gelu88

I was at the game tonight and I didn't notice the song at all.

by the way, I'm not a big televison watcher so I really didn't care for that big boy in front of me.

didn't make my hockey experience a better one.

I was at the game tonight and I didn't notice the song at all.

I dont think they played any song tonight. I was listening to CJAD and didnt hear any music after any of the goals I heard. Unless all the fog horns drowned it right out, which I highly doubt.

I still havent heard the song, I guess I will have to check out the youtube link untill I can hear it in action.

Thx for the link lazy26.

Hahaha!!! thank you T.I for the instrumental; i hope he sues simple plan for using his instrumental so they get rid of that garbage goal song. Simple Plan surely shouldn't have the rights to be a part of a season of this magnitude...let alone claim they composed an original piece of music for the Habs when really they didn't!!!! :angry:

rappers sample other bands all the time with no permission or anything. why cant other bands sample rappers.

rappers don't care one way or the other. they don't give 2 shits if people bootleg their stuff, considering they release their best material anyways for free on mixtapes

Well... we have no real idea that they claimed to have created that part of it.

Anyways, here is a higher quality version of the whole song.

The part used for goals is the chorus, its at the 1:00 and 2:00 marks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbjpqvFbSx0

all and all, its not bad, though i'll have to hear the bell centre version to really know how it will sound. So, i'll have my ears ready during the Detroit game thursday, since TSN should sound better than that crappy cell phone video.

Wow, such a crap song! They can't tell me that there wasn't something better out there ...?!?! :wall: :puke:

the singing is pretty horrid, but the rest of the song is solid as a goal song.

The instrumental is Okay...but the lyrics sound really really weak...and I cannot see them growing on me like Vertigo did

rappers sample other bands all the time with no permission or anything. why cant other bands sample rappers.

rappers don't care one way or the other. they don't give 2 shits if people bootleg their stuff, considering they release their best material anyways for free on mixtapes

If they stole it and made it sound good....I wouldn't really care...But this song is a major letdown. It's unacceptable to be a part of Canadiens history....What happened to if it isn't broken don't try to fix it? Bring Back Vertigo or a better song!!!