Second favourite team?

les_glorieux

Do people have another team that they follow? Who? Why?

I've always liked the Blackhawks, mostly because of their jerseys and the city is awesom. They sucked for a long time, but now they're good again, which is cool. I've been watching a lot of their games here.

Anyone else follow another team too?

I've passed some time in Alberta so I guees I have a soft spot for the Oilers.

my other team would be the Hawks. it' nice to see them coming backup !!

Oilers. Always loved the fact that they develop stars players and then are not able to pay them. Just like the Montreal Expos. I own their 3rd jersey as well.

I have a soft spot for Buffalo Pitts and Washington.

Al 3 play exciting, upbeat, speedy hockey. Games against them are never boring.

Out west you just have to respect how well Detroit has been managed those past 15-20 years. It's a model to follow to the entire NHL.

I have a soft spot for Buffalo Pitts and Washington.

Al 3 play exciting, upbeat, speedy hockey. Games against them are never boring.

Out west you just have to respect how well Detroit has been managed those past 15-20 years. It's a model to follow to the entire NHL.

Please, it's the Flames who are a model NHL franchise. Thats the team everyone should be envious of.

At least according to their writers/fans, haha

It's been well-documented by now but I have a second favourite team in the Ottawa Senators. Have since about the late 90s, although I'm starting to lose interest. Most of the guys I liked are gone and once Spezza gets traded (which I predict will be soon) then there won't be anyone left. Well, Fish and Vermette but neither are anywhere near as valuable as they used to be. Guys like Hossa, Havlat, Chara, Redden, Yashin, Bonk, McEachern were all fun to watch. I always seemed to really like whoever they had in net whether it was Tugnutt, Rhodes or Lalime. That came to an end once they signed useless Gerber and Emery proved he was nothing more then a shit-disturber. Starting to like Alex Auld though.

Please, it's the Flames who are a model NHL franchise. Thats the team everyone should be envious of.

I took the bait for a second !!! :unsure:

It's been well-documented by now but I have a second favourite team in the Ottawa Senators. Have since about the late 90s, although I'm starting to lose interest. Most of the guys I liked are gone and once Spezza gets traded (which I predict will be soon) then there won't be anyone left. Well, Fish and Vermette but neither are anywhere near as valuable as they used to be. Guys like Hossa, Havlat, Chara, Redden, Yashin, Bonk, McEachern were all fun to watch. I always seemed to really like whoever they had in net whether it was Tugnutt, Rhodes or Lalime. That came to an end once they signed useless Gerber and Emery proved he was nothing more then a shit-disturber. Starting to like Alex Auld though.

C'mon, Jets... you spend a fair bit of time here, you know you want to be a Habs fan (at least as a 2nd fave). Sens are on the downswing. What would it take to convert you?

Really ??? I liked Tugnutt at one point, but Lalime... really ?? Always thought it was about 80% his fault his the Sens don't have their name on the cup in the last decade.

I took the bait for a second !!! :unsure:

I know! They actual wrote that in the paper and then everyone agreed with the guy. I couldn't believe it. It had something to do with having Iginla, Phaneuf, Regehr and Kipper all signed to long term deals at market value (thats debateable). A couple weeks later they barely managed to hang onto a playoff spot and were quickly ousted by the Sharks.

C'mon, Jets... you spend a fair bit of time here, you know you want to be a Habs fan (at least as a 2nd fave). Sens are on the downswing. What would it take to convert you?

I bet you if I had to figure out my top 5, the Habs would be in there. I know he was mainly just a whipping boy but I liked Michael Ryder (and don't hurt me but I liked Mike Ribeiro too. Not anymore though, I hate Dallas). The first step to me really liking a team is their goalie. The Habs are A+ in that category, Price rocks.

Really ??? I liked Tugnutt at one point, but Lalime... really ?? Always thought it was about 80% his fault his the Sens don't have their name on the cup in the last decade.

Oh, don't get me wrong, it was his fault. He was a playoff choker and thats the funny bit because I still liked him. I realize it makes no sense. :lol:

Edited by jetsniper

I know! They actual wrote that in the paper and then everyone agreed with the guy. I couldn't believe it. It had something to do with having Iginla, Phaneuf, Regehr and Kipper all signed to long term deals at market value (thats debateable). A couple weeks later they barely managed to hang onto a playoff spot and were quickly ousted by the Sharks.

Just hiring Mike Keenan mean to cancel all these great signings.

Just hiring Mike Keenan mean to cancel all these great signings.

Surrounding a good core with nothing special doesn't really help either. Kipper isn't even worth the money he's getting. They're lucky the second tier guys are actually contributing but a second line of Bourque-Boyd-Cammalleri isn't going to win you a Cup.

Surrounding a good core with nothing special doesn't really help either. Kipper isn't even worth the money he's getting. They're lucky the second tier guys are actually contributing but a second line of Bourque-Boyd-Cammalleri isn't going to win you a Cup.

Yeah this is weird. I really thought Cammalleri was signed to feed Iginla. It is actually ######ing up my fantasy pool.

100% faithful to the Habs. No room in my heart for anyone else. ;)

I do live in Vancouver, though, so I follow the doings of the Canucks. It's more a matter of being interested, in a detatched way, than caring how they do. It's always nice to learn more about the game, and you can learn a lot about the mysteries of team-building, talent, tactics, etc., by following other teams.

In fact I used to *despise* the Canuckleheads, back when the Bertuzzi issue was still fresh. Nowadays I don't loathe them so much...just have a general, low-level contempt for what has to be one of the most pathetically-run franchises in the NHL, speaking historically. (Having said that, I HAVE become a fan of Kyle Wellwood :D )

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

100% faithful to the Habs. No room in my heart for anyone else.

Same here. It's always been the Habs for me! No other team even comes close. Since i was 4 years old, and I'd sleep over at my grand-parents house on Saturday nights to watch the game with my grand-father, it's been the Habs and Only the Habs for me. No other team matters!

Say it isn't so!

But how?

Those are our biggest rivals!

1 Montreal

2 Anyone playing against Toronto or Boston!!!!!

Biggest rivals. That's why. How can you not get up for games that are that intense. And when you get that much up for a game, you end up knowing the opposition intimitely. And when you know the opposition so intimitely, you get to respect what they can do. And the respect leads, at least for me, to an enjoyment in what they can do on the ice.

I absolutely despised the Nordiques. So much so that they were my second favourite team.

I'd probably have Toronto on my list as well, except I don't feel that rivalry so much since they've been inept since before I was born. I pity them more than anything else.

As if we needed it, just further proof that Colin is nuts! :P

lol

It makes sense. I've started to like Toronto because I know their team better than other teams - but that's more because they're on TV more often than because they're a rival.