Habs @ Senators | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

3cf6996f.gif@ 9f6bdcae.gif
10-5-2 for 22 points....................6-9-3 for 15 points
(5th East)...............................(15th East)

Forecaster.ca's Tale of the Tape
TSN's Ice Chips

Projected Lineup

(13)Tanguay - (11)Koivu - (27)Kovalev
(46)A.Kostitsyn - (20)Lang - (74)S.Kostitsyn
(21)Higgins - (14)Plekanec - (6)Kostopoulos
(84)Latendresse - (22)Begin - (25)Dandenault

(79)Markov - (26)Gorges
(44)Hamrlik - (3)O'Byrne
(51)Bouillon - (71)Brisebois

29074.jpg vs. 7185.jpg
Carey Price................Alex Auld

Montreal Player Stats
Ottawa Player Stats

TV: RDS, SNET-E
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to this game, 5th row from the glass in the corner, hopefully I can see everything. My first live Habs game, they had better turn it up so its not a waste of money and a drive up. :clap:

I'll be at this game too, altough all the way up in the 300s :D

Laraque should be in. You can't bench a guy a whole week and expect him to be in game shape, get him ready for saturday.

Agreed....he's gotta get his fists fine-tuned for Lucic...who he needs to bloody up whether Lucic wants to go or not!!!

Oh, and we should bring up Stewart for Saturday also...it's gonna be a rough one.

Same lines? Seriously? After the epic failure that Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev and Higgins-Plekanec-Kostopoulos were? Really?

It looks like you're questioning your own game thread, Fanpuck! ^_^

I agree though. Pleks needs Kovy.... and Tangs and Koivu need anyone but Kovy.

The boys had better play with some purpose, cuz the Sens will be looking for revenge. I'm curious to see whether Ruutu gets a beating.

Let's hope we regain our good form.

GO HABS GO!!!!

Pleks needs Kovy.... and Tangs and Koivu need anyone but Kovy.

I dont think Kovy wants Plex, and I'm sure that Saku enjoys Kovalev on his line...Give it a few games...I like Carbo's experiment with the new lines so far. Sure it didn't work in Carolina...but the Habs historically have always sucked in Carolina. Here's to hoping that its going to be a better one against the Hens

I dont think Kovy wants Plex, and I'm sure that Saku enjoys Kovalev on his line...Give it a few games...I like Carbo's experiment with the new lines so far. Sure it didn't work in Carolina...but the Habs historically have always sucked in Carolina. Here's to hoping that its going to be a better one against the Hens

Hope you're right so far I haven't seen Koivu finishing well on Kovy's feeds, hard for him to stake out the crease. We'll see . . .

Anyway for this game my magic number is "7" ~if a Hab has beat the crap out of Ruutu before seven minutes into the game, I'd say we're on the right track ^_^

Saku - Lats - Tang.

Why aren't hey playing together anymore?

Because Higgins came back?

That's ######ed :blink:

I'd have to agree that i like the lines better with Lats/Koivu/Tanguay on one line. Leave the Kovy/Pleks/AK line together and put Higgins with Lang and SK. That seems to have the best balance.

Also want to see Laraque back in the lineup and stop using Begin at centre.

I'm going to this game, 5th row from the glass in the corner, hopefully I can see everything. My first live Habs game, they had better turn it up so its not a waste of money and a drive up. :clap:

I'd have to agree that i like the lines better with Lats/Koivu/Tanguay on one line. Leave the Kovy/Pleks/AK line together and put Higgins with Lang and SK. That seems to have the best balance.

Also want to see Laraque back in the lineup and stop using Begin at centre.

I want to see Lapierre in: maybe he could elbow kiss the finn Punk.

nam: maybe you could pull a slapshot move and throw your keys at Ruutu !!

The lines are irrelevant. What we need is the team to show up and play hard. Ottawa is in a slump and if they show up and we don't it will be a nightmare. There are no easy games.

Saturday is Boston and I think Boston will win the east this year. They would have been in the mix last year if they didn't have injuries and a bizarre mental issue with the habs. Well they are over the habs BS, they know they can beat the habs and they are healthy. I suggest they are the favs on Saturday, so Montreal needs to show up tonight and go into the Boston game with some confidence.

Lines for tonight as per RDS.ca

Lats - Koivu- Tang

Kovy - Plex - Higgins

Andrei - Lang - Kosto

Sergei - Begin - Laraque

4th line should provide much needed energy. Mind you I 'm sure SK end TK will switch shifts once in a while.

Agreed....he's gotta get his fists fine-tuned for Lucic...who he needs to bloody up whether Lucic wants to go or not!!!

Oh, and we should bring up Stewart for Saturday also...it's gonna be a rough one.

I completely disagree with that, first of all Lucic has done nothing to deserve such retaliation, beating him up for playing a great clean game is only misdirected anger. Sure the guy was a little cocky, so what… he’s a young emotional kid trying to prove his worth in the NHL. I personally wish some of our young guys, for example Latendresse, Lapierre, and even the Kostsitsyn brothers had this kind of self-confidence and passion for the game.

Laraque’s job is to protect our players, pound on guys who take cheap shots and/or abuse our core players like Koivu, Kovalev, Markov, and Tanguay … and not to beat up every player who plays well againsts us. With this said, it doesn’t mean he can’t be a physical force out there, and intimidate players like Lucic, Savard, Bergeron, and other key players.

Besides guys like Lucic, Iginla, Morrow … only get better when you go after them, the worst thing you can do about these emotional players is to get them fired up. If Lucic feels like he’s a target and that he matters, he’ll only have more energy and be even better.

I completely disagree with that, first of all Lucic has done nothing to deserve such retaliation, beating him up for playing a great clean game is only misdirected anger. Sure the guy was a little cocky, so what… he’s a young emotional kid trying to prove his worth in the NHL. I personally wish some of our young guys, for example Latendresse, Lapierre, and even the Kostsitsyn brothers had this kind of self-confidence and passion for the game.

Laraque’s job is to protect our players, pound on guys who take cheap shots and/or abuse our core players like Koivu, Kovalev, Markov, and Tanguay … and not to beat up every player who plays well againsts us. With this said, it doesn’t mean he can’t be a physical force out there, and intimidate players like Lucic, Savard, Bergeron, and other key players.

Besides guys like Lucic, Iginla, Morrow … only get better when you go after them, the worst thing you can do about these emotional players is to get them fired up. If Lucic feels like he’s a target and that he matters, he’ll only have more energy and be even better.

I think Laraque thumping Lucic would fire up the rest of the Habs more than just about anything else could, and that's exactly what this team needs...to feel some fire...some enthusiasm. It would get the crowd going bonkers too, something they haven't had the opportunity to do in several games. Plus, it makes George come off as being nastier...something I think he needs, as he comes off as being Mr. Nice Guy a little too much for a guy who's supposed to be our enforcer.

I don't care if it's ethical or not, we have to do what's best for our side.

I think Laraque thumping Lucic would fire up the rest of the Habs more than just about anything else could, and that's exactly what this team needs...to feel some fire...some enthusiasm. It would get the crowd going bonkers too, something they haven't had the opportunity to do in several games. Plus, it makes George come off as being nastier...something I think he needs, as he comes off as being Mr. Nice Guy a little too much for a guy who's supposed to be our enforcer.

I don't care if it's ethical or not, we have to do what's best for our side.

Maybe if Lucic wanted to drop the gloves as well, however I doubt that Laraque brutally attacking a unwilling Lucic and getting thrown out of the game would do any good for the Canadiens. After all Shawn Thornton didn't exactly the the Bruins fired up during the pre-season when he went after Steve Bégin... what's funny is that the fans who criticized Thornton now want Laraque to do the same (at least Thornton had a reason)...

I want to see Lapierre in: maybe he could elbow kiss the finn Punk.

nam: maybe you could pull a slapshot move and throw your keys at Ruutu !!

I'll bring the spare set for that, I don't want to be at the Scotia Bank Place longer than I have too, hostile territory. I'll be the guy (hopefully as long as all goes well) dancing in the corner, and on peoples cars in the parking lot. Section 130 if anyone else is around there, leaving now!!!

I'll bring the spare set for that, I don't want to be at the Scotia Bank Place longer than I have too, hostile territory. I'll be the guy (hopefully as long as all goes well) dancing in the corner, and on peoples cars in the parking lot. Section 130 if anyone else is around there, leaving now!!!

Section 211 Row D

I'll be there WoOoOoO

GO HABS GO!!!

Here's a team the Habs can beat: as defensively suspect and lacking in character as our own club is at present. Better bank these two points before the Bruins whip our asses, again. :angry:

YES!

Carbonneau listenned to my suggestion!! ;);)

Latendresse is back with Koivu and Tanguay.

Kovalev will play with Plex and higgins. AK46 will play with Lang and Tommy K.

And Sergei K. will play with Bégin and Laraque. LapIerre and Dandy should sit this one out!

Edited by Habsfan