Lats and Shawn Belle sign one year deal.

huzer

RFA, not UFA, but Latendresse re-signs for $803,000.

http://habsinsideout.com/main/20927

I hope Bob doesn't plan on giving Guillaume 1 year deals until he hits UFA status!?! Like he did with Ryder...

BY the way, isn't 803,000$ less than what he made in his rookie contract??

Gui needs to score 20 goals this season!! Hopefully with some quality time on the top 2 lines and a coupls of minutes of PP time per game, he should get there!

Do you think Bob said to Latendresse :

Have a good year and you'll get YOUR contract or have a so so year and you will get MY contract...

Do you think Bob said to Latendresse :

Have a good year and you'll get YOUR contract or have a so so year and you will get MY contract...

Whatever contract it is...he signed for less than he got in any year of his NHL career. I'm not a conspiracy theorist normally, but methinks something's amiss here.

Whatever contract it is...he signed for less than he got in any year of his NHL career. I'm not a conspiracy theorist normally, but methinks something's amiss here.

Is this his first one-way deal? Higgins also signed for less on his first one way.

Is this his first one-way deal? Higgins also signed for less on his first one way.

Technically yes, but he was never sent down so he got his full NHL salary for each of the 3 seasons. He will actually pocket less money this year if the report's true. RDS claims he accepted his QO, but if that's the case, $803,000 isn't the correct salary.

Either way it's a good move for less then a mill. He is coming off a season where he was injured. The plus side he mid teens in goals and was basically 1 of 3 players who actually hustled and gave a crap every night.

I think he'll get more money if he produces more, i wouldn't worry about the 1 year deals for RFA's. He is still too young to have many options.

Belle is an AHL move, nothing more

Latendresse made a clear statement that Montreal is where he wants to play.

Accepting this small contract does not mean he should not be re signed if he continue

to develop in the current year.

Just hard to know what is long term value is. But has soon as they know they should

lock up for long.

Technically yes, but he was never sent down so he got his full NHL salary for each of the 3 seasons. He will actually pocket less money this year if the report's true. RDS claims he accepted his QO, but if that's the case, $803,000 isn't the correct salary.

Yeah, his QO is $892,500. Perhaps they meant $893k, not $803k?

This leaves a lot of extra money to play with if true. I was thinking he'd be getting a 2 or 3 year deal worth about $1.5m per not unlike what Gorges, or even Plekanec, Higgins, and Komisarek got.

Really happy to get him for below 1M. only problem is what will happen if he has a career year this season and gets 40+ points, 25+ goals or something like that? Having to resign him and price wont be cheap and we would have to unload one of our big contracts at least.

Really happy to get him for below 1M. only problem is what will happen if he has a career year this season and gets 40+ points, 25+ goals or something like that? Having to resign him and price wont be cheap and we would have to unload one of our big contracts at least.

Let's say Gui gets a good year (ie: 25 goals + 20 Ass.) My guess is that he could ask for 1.5 to 1.7 million$ per year on a 2 or 3 year deal.

Yeah, his QO is $892,500. Perhaps they meant $893k, not $803k?

That's my guess, the deal is probably $893k. I'll wait a few hours before updating the cap projections page and salary page to see if I can get some confirmation on it.

i think if he has a big year NO ONE will be complaining about needing to give him a big contract, not even Bob.

Who the hell is Shawn Belle???

reclamation project that Bob picked up last year. At one point was a highly rated D prospect, but stalled out in the AHL with a couple of teams (most recently the Wild, I believe).

On cyberpresse.ca they are saying that Latendresse got a 5% raise to 803,000$ That would mean that he made 765,000$ last year. Maybe they didn't include his bonuses? Did he even get bonuses?

On cyberpresse.ca they are saying that Latendresse got a 5% raise to 803,000$ That would mean that he made 765,000$ last year. Maybe they didn't include his bonuses? Did he even get bonuses?

That would be news to me, as all of the spreadsheets I have from various people all had his salary at $850,000 last year. To the best of my knowledge, there were no bonuses in his deal, he got the rookie max at the time as a 2nd rounder without bonuses - same idea with Subban actually who got the max but no bonus.

Let's say Gui gets a good year (ie: 25 goals + 20 Ass.) My guess is that he could ask for 1.5 to 1.7 million$ per year on a 2 or 3 year deal.

kind of sad the 25 goal scorer would be making the same as our sometimes enforcer BGL.

That would be news to me, as all of the spreadsheets I have from various people all had his salary at $850,000 last year. To the best of my knowledge, there were no bonuses in his deal, he got the rookie max at the time as a 2nd rounder without bonuses - same idea with Subban actually who got the max but no bonus.

The NHLPA website, which posts only salaries, also had $850k as his salary (Price is listed at $850k as well).

$850,000 is the rookie max without bonuses, which is why Carey Prices cap hit is $2.2 Million

Bob paid Latendresse the rookie max even though he was a 2nd rd pick. Something he didnt have to do and probably should not have done, but they were desperate to get a french speaking player into the lineup, for somebody the fans could cheer for. ITs arguable that Latendresse has been overpaid a bit for what hes accomplished so far.

kind of sad the 25 goal scorer would be making the same as our sometimes enforcer BGL.

Agreed, however we have to remember that Laraque has 10 years more experience in the NHL! I'm not saying he's worth it, but players who have been in the nhl for 12 years usually make more than players who are starting their 4th year!

$850,000 is the rookie max without bonuses, which is why Carey Prices cap hit is $2.2 Million

Bob paid Latendresse the rookie max even though he was a 2nd rd pick. Something he didnt have to do and probably should not have done, but they were desperate to get a french speaking player into the lineup, for somebody the fans could cheer for. ITs arguable that Latendresse has been overpaid a bit for what hes accomplished so far.

Almost all 2nd round picks league wide get $850k with no bonuses. And most definitely guys who make the NHL at age 19 do.

$850k is less than half the average salary in the NHL. No one who makes that amount and is in the NHL is overpaid.

From my one of my cap contacts:

$850,000 - $85,000 signing bonus from last season = $765,000

$765,000 X 1.05 = $803,250

As we know, QO's are based on base salary notwithstanding bonuses, we just weren't aware that part of Latendresse's cap hit last season was a signing bonus.