Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I avtually don't ahve any idea, maybe it is. I just saw it over lunch and thought i would throw it out there.

However it doesn't need it's own thread like Brisbios did. Until something actually happens i don't beleive it.

I avtually don't ahve any idea, maybe it is. I just saw it over lunch and thought i would throw it out there.

However it doesn't need it's own thread like Brisbios did. Until something actually happens i don't beleive it.

No worries Chris - good post. Never shoot the messenger. I'm shooting EK :P

Yea, i think they are funny too. So I'll open another can of worms it mentioned tampa moving Lacallier for Price.

That would insanity.

Price will be a Stud goaltender.

Yea, i think they are funny too. So I'll open another can of worms it mentioned tampa moving Lacallier for Price.

That would insanity.

Maybe he will... but you gotta give quality to get quality. We have goaltending depth, but getting a top scorer today would sure be nice.

That would insanity.

When I woke up, it was all wet...

I'd move Price in a deal for Vinny any day of the week. Vinny is a proven commodity, Price is not. We've got Huet and Halak both capable of winning games for us, and Danis is no slouch either. Our scoring is where many of our problems lie, and a tandem of Vinny and Saku as our top centers would be awesome.

I'd move Price in a deal for Vinny any day of the week. Vinny is a proven commodity, Price is not. We've got Huet and Halak both capable of winning games for us, and Danis is no slouch either. Our scoring is where many of our problems lie, and a tandem of Vinny and Saku as our top centers would be awesome.

Yes, yes it would... but id rather give up Halak, Perezhogin, Bouillon, 1st, 2nd type thing.

:hlogo:

Yes, yes it would... but id rather give up Halak, Perezhogin, Bouillon, 1st, 2nd type thing.

:hlogo:

I would obviously try that first, but if I had to, I'd move Price. I honestly don't see him excelling in Montreal. A lot of fans were upset with the pick, so I think they'll be extra hard on him.

Yeah, I would give Price in a Lecavalier deal but we'd have to give something else (Kovalev?) to even out salary. I don't believe it though - Feaster is not willing to trade Lecavalier.

Yeah, I would give Price in a Lecavalier deal but we'd have to give something else (Kovalev?) to even out salary. I don't believe it though - Feaster is not willing to trade Lecavalier.

The whole point from TB's perspective is to NOT even out salary - unless they're getting several excellent prospects (instant organizational depth). I wouldn't think they'd have interest in Kovalev.

The whole point from TB's perspective is to NOT even out salary - unless they're getting several excellent prospects (instant organizational depth). I wouldn't think they'd have interest in Kovalev.

yeah i don't see them having any interest in Kovalev unless we throw in Higgins to sweeten the deal. I do however think that they would seriously consider Koivu, Huet or Halak + 2 first rounders. (or something like that)

Feaster has already said he will not deal the big 4. But he could just be doing that to drive up the cost of getting one of them.

As for the Kovalev to Washington business I wonder what the Habs could get for him.

Feaster has already said he will not deal the big 4. But he could just be doing that to drive up the cost of getting one of them.

As for the Kovalev to Washington business I wonder what the Habs could get for him.

if we got a mid pick or even a bag of pucks it would be worth it to unload the salary. As talented as he is, he i just too much of a distraction and for a young team he has too lousy of a work ethic to be wearing an "A"

I just want the best damn players on the planet - I don't give a rats patootie if they are French, black, Irish, yellow, not a lifelong Habs fan, white, Mexican, spotted, Martian green, American, polka-dotted, European, from Timbuktu or covered with little frickin' red dots..... JUST THE BEST.....

:clap::hockey: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hockey::clap:

hey, not so loud, the Common's language committee might come after you for grouping French with black, irish, yellow, mexican, etc.

the last few quebecois players that we had did work too well.

I think that may be the understatment of the year. Let's face it they were dogs acting like prima donnas.

lapierre, bégin and latendresse on the other hand show a refreshing work ethic and attitude - something that has totally been lacking from the quebecois players in recent years.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

if we got a mid pick or even a bag of pucks it would be worth it to unload the salary. As talented as he is, he i just too much of a distraction and for a young team he has too lousy of a work ethic to be wearing an "A"

hey, not so loud, the Common's language committee might come after you for grouping French with black, irish, yellow, mexican, etc.

I think that may be the understatment of the year. Let's face it they were dogs acting like prima donnas.

lapierre, bégin and latendresse on the other hand show a refreshing work ethic and attitude - something that has totally been lacking from the quebecois players in recent years.

Kovalev is not on the team to teach the young guys work ethic that is what Koivu is there for. Kovalev is there to teach them skill. I went to a few practices this year and Kovalev worked with Plekanc, Kostitsyn, Perezhogin on puck handeling and shooting drills.

Laps, Begin and Lats were excellent with thier energy last year lets hope they inspire Dandenault and Bouillon to play a lot better next year if they are still around.

Kovalev is not on the team to teach the young guys work ethic that is what Koivu is there for. Kovalev is there to teach them skill. I went to a few practices this year and Kovalev worked with Plekanc, Kostitsyn, Perezhogin on puck handeling and shooting drills.

Laps, Begin and Lats were excellent with thier energy last year lets hope they inspire Dandenault and Bouillon to play a lot better next year if they are still around.

Kovolev may not be there to teach work ethic - but the guy should be professional enough to have some work ethic. The way he played for most of the season and then the way Mr. clutch who said he loves that time of the year, played in the habs last three games was just :wacko: ......I'd say he was bloddy awful, but i'm not sure if the turkey even showed up to be able to say he was bloody awful.

Shooting drills.......kovolev :blink: given the number of shots he takes, you wouldn't know he actually practices his shooting.

the guy is a joy to watch when he is stick handling and actually decides to shows up and puts forth the effort. But the rest of the time you want to strangle him. I'd hate to coach him!! I'm pretty critical with Carboneaue, i really think he screwed up with samsonov and a lot of his line decsions (as well as basic strategy deciscions when things weren't going the habs way). But i really don't know if even scotty bowman could have gotten kovolev to show up on a consistant basis.

As far as dandenault an Bouillon go......... i hope they are gonzo. The habs NEED LEGITIMATE #1, 2, 3 and 4th spot defencemen. To me Bouillon, Dandeanult, Georges (at this point in his development) and even streit who was pretty versatile, are at what you'd look for in at best your #6 defenceman... to me they are more like the 7th depth D you have for insurance.

I think Komi will be a solid # 2 or #3, IMO Markov is right now a #2, but has the potential to be a #1, Souray is a nice #3, #4 offenncive defencement. Hannan would look good. I was choked that Chara went to to B's last year. He was exactly what the habs needed.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Definitely glad I didn't type it in bold, or especially in caps..... :rolleyes:

shhhhhhhh - I don't want to be heard saying it isn't any different (or more special) to be whatever/whoever you are in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:wacko::D

As far as dandenault an Bouillon go......... i hope they are gonzo. The habs NEED LEGITIMATE #1, 2, 3 and 4th spot defencemen. To me Bouillon, Dandeanult, Georges (at this point in his development) and even streit who was pretty versatile, are at what you'd look for in at best your #6 defenceman... to me they are more like the 7th depth D you have for insurance.

What do you guys have against The Cube? He had a bad year, coming back from surgery, but by the end of the year he was himself again, playing the way that incited Bob to give him this near-2M-contract. Look at the number 5 and 6 d-men in the league... few are better that Bouillon when he plays like he can. Streit has also improved alot this year, as a defenceman (even if in played foward half the year). I'd definitly keep those guys. Dandenault is the odd man out. He's our 7th D and at 1,9, he's too costly. What we need is a no 3 or 4 D to replace Rivet.

The cube sucks. That's what people have against him.He is a #7 on every other team but Montreal. For some reason most people think he is incredible. I will give him credit for hitting against the boards, but if he isn't doing that he is worthless. There is a reason he went through waivers TWICE.

Punkned, you need to watch good teams play, cube in no way is a 3rd pairing on other teams.

Everyone on this team has had bad years for years and most everyone says "wait until next year" well next has been coming for 5 years now, no improvement.

What do you guys have against The Cube? He had a bad year, coming back from surgery, but by the end of the year he was himself again, playing the way that incited Bob to give him this near-2M-contract. Look at the number 5 and 6 d-men in the league... few are better that Bouillon when he plays like he can. Streit has also improved alot this year, as a defenceman (even if in played foward half the year). I'd definitly keep those guys. Dandenault is the odd man out. He's our 7th D and at 1,9, he's too costly. What we need is a no 3 or 4 D to replace Rivet.

I don't mind keeping Streit as the 6th man. But the cube has sucked. He gets the occasional hit, but the rest of time he is chasing after the opposition like a chicken with his head cut off. To me, Rivet WAS NOT a 3rd/4th calibar d-man. He would have been great in montreal if he was the 5th/6th d-man.

Neither Rivet, Bouillon, streit, Dandenault could crack the top 5 in Detroit, Anaheim, calgary, NJ, Buffalo, Ottawa, or any other team that has a decent D. Even in SJ, Rivet IMO comes in after Carle, Hannan, McLarren, Vlasic and Erhaff. Yes, offensively, Rivet has more points in the playoffs, but that is only bcoz the Sharks have a deadly powerplay. Defensively, Rivet has the worst plus/minus on the Sharks D, he is VERY average and certainly NOT worth the $2.5M he was getting in Montreal. Gainey absolutely made a steal of a deal for Rivet. I would have been happy with a 2nd round pick to get rid of him.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Well said. How many #6 Dmen can 1 team have?

As for the Price being moved, there is no way you trade a possible franchise goalie for anyone. Especially ast age 19.

See the Patrck Roy trade.

That trade didn't turn out too well.

I don't mind keeping Streit as the 6th man. But the cube has sucked. He gets the occasional hit, but the rest of time he is chasing after the opposition like a chicken with his head cut off. To me, Rivet WAS NOT a 3rd/4th calibar d-man. He would have been great in montreal if he was the 5th/6th d-man.

Neither Rivet, Bouillon, streit, Dandenault could crack the top 5 in Detroit, Anaheim, calgary, NJ, Buffalo, Ottawa, or any other team that has a decent D. Even in SJ, Rivet IMO comes in after Carle, Hannan, McLarren, Vlasic and Erhaff. Yes, offensively, Rivet has more points in the playoffs, but that is only bcoz the Sharks have a deadly powerplay. Defensively, Rivet has the worst plus/minus on the Sharks D, he is VERY average and certainly NOT worth the $2.5M he was getting in Montreal. Gainey absolutely made a steal of a deal for Rivet. I would have been happy with a 2nd round pick to get rid of him.

Maybe people would take your input more seriously if you spelled the names of the players correctly. Your opinion is fine but credibility is enhanced when one takes the time to know how to spell the names of individual players.

As for the Price being moved, there is no way you trade a possible franchise goalie for anyone. Especially ast age 19.

Patrick Roy had won 2 Stanley Cups when he was traded - how can you compare Price's accomplishments with that?

At the end of the day, right now we need scoring, but have 2 NHL-calibre goalies (Huet, Halak) and Price, who is a potential NHL-calibre goalie. You trade your depth in one position for your needs in another.

I highly doubt that Bob Gainey is about to trade Carey Price - anything can happen, but that is highly unlikely. He is touted as the goalie of the future for this franchise and will be given every chance to earn that place.....

Huet is not a youngster and Halak has not proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is a number 1 NHL goalie just yet. These suggestions don't make much sense at this point in the teams program of development. Prospects may be moved at the draft, but not the likes of a Price, etc?

Well said. How many #6 Dmen can 1 team have?

Roy was a franchise goalie, Price isn't one. In fact, we got Thibault in return, who was the #1 goalie prospect in the world at the time, similar to how Price is viewed now.