Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Trade Plex to get a number one centre.

Grabovski will put up better numbers then plex did anyway if he gets half the favoritism that Plex did.

Let's not forget Plex was forcefed to every player not on the first line for an entire season getting chance after chance after chance, no matter how bad he played. No one else did.

Kovalev was horrible this year but even as one of the most skilled guys in the league he was moved and benched, not Plex. maybe the problem wasn't with sammy and Kovy.......

Move him befor ethe other GM's figure out he has reached his max potential.

Better yet, move him in package for Regher

Edited by Habitforming

Trade Plex to get a number one centre.

Grabovski will put up better numbers then plex did anyway if he gets half the favoritism that Plex did.

Let's not forget Plex was forcefed to every player not on the first line for an entire season getting chance after chance after chance, no matter how bad he played. No one else did.

Kovalev was horrible this year but even as one of the most skilled guys in the league he was moved and benched, not Plex. maybe the problem wasn't with sammy and Kovy.......

Move him befor ethe other GM's figure out he has reached his max potential.

You serious? Plekanec put up nearly a point a game in the 2nd half! Plus he takes shifts on the PK as well (he could easily be a regular on the PK, he actually was as a rookie on the 2nd unit). Plekanec was also one of our top players in the 2006 playoffs, way better than guys like Higgins and Ryder, and comfortably better than role players like Bonk. He got off to a slow start which wasn't helped out by his wingers. He recovered. He had his first ever slump and you say he's reached his max potential?

You serious? Plekanec put up nearly a point a game in the 2nd half! Plus he takes shifts on the PK as well (he could easily be a regular on the PK, he actually was as a rookie on the 2nd unit). Plekanec was also one of our top players in the 2006 playoffs, way better than guys like Higgins and Ryder, and comfortably better than role players like Bonk. He got off to a slow start which wasn't helped out by his wingers. He recovered. He had his first ever slump and you say he's reached his max potential?

I like Plex and his game, but I'm not alone in saying he has reached his max potential; but yes he has.

I wasn't defending either Ryder, Bonk, or Higgins (although Higgins did have an injury he never seemed to be the same after) I think Ryder should be included in any deal to get Marleau or Regher.

Fact of the matter is that either Marleau or Regher make the team drastically better then either Ryder or Plex can make them. That is the first rule in the "should I, or should I not trade xxxxx player", will we be better for it? The answer is yes, we will be.

Ask yourself the question; Who has more trade value right now, Grabovski or Plex? Undoubtably, your answer is Plex, So now is the time to move on it.

Grabovski is a top 2 line centre and needs the time to prove it (23 years old now so when does he get his shot?..... at 34?) Both Grabovski and Plex are the same size 5'11' and 200lbs so nothing is really lost; the gains could be huge though as Grabovski has WAY more offensive upside and could be a game breaker. (we had a taste of it

. Realistically it is the only move that can make the team better right now as well as in the future.

Before I hear the "they were our most consistent line and yadda yadda yadda" stuff, the chemistry will still be there, maybe even more so now. Plex was used to playing with Higgins from the AHL days and Kosty was a gifted add on, making the line work well together. With Grabovski, Higgins is the talented add on because Kosty and Grabs are used to playing with each other in the AHL. Not really a loss either way.

Edited by Habitforming

I like Plex and his game, but I'm not alone in saying he has reached his max potential; but yes he has.

I wasn't defending either Ryder, Bonk, or Higgins (although Higgins did have an injury he never seemed to be the same after) I think Ryder should be included in any deal to get Marleau or Regher.

Fact of the matter is that either Marleau or Regher make the team drastically better then either Ryder or Plex can make them. That is the first rule in the "should I, or should I not trade xxxxx player", will we be better for it? The answer is yes, we will be.

Ask yourself the question; Who has more trade value right now, Grabovski or Plex? Undoubtably, your answer is Plex, So now is the time to move on it.

Grabovski is a top 2 line centre and needs the time to prove it (23 years old now so when does he get his shot?..... at 34?) Both Grabovski and Plex are the same size 5'11' and 200lbs so nothing is really lost; the gains could be huge though as Grabovski has WAY more offensive upside and could be a game breaker. (we had a taste of it

. Realistically it is the only move that can make the team better right now as well as in the future.

Before I hear the "they were our most consistent line and yadda yadda yadda" stuff, the chemistry will still be there, maybe even more so now. Plex was used to playing with Higgins from the AHL days and Kosty was a gifted add on, making the line work well together. With Grabovski, Higgins is the talented add on because Kosty and Grabs are used to playing with each other in the AHL. Not really a loss either way.

Grabovski is listed as 5'9", 172 lb on the Habs' website, a full inch and 24 lbs lighter than Plex. When Grabovski was up with the team, he looked like a rail... he needs a more solid frame IMHO, but I still like him. At his size, though, not down the middle. I'd rather he play LW... he also has a pretty darn good shot from what I've seen.

All I'm saying is if we can get a Marleau type without giving up Plex, that'd be fantastic. I've already said I don't expect that to happen, though. And yes, I'd still make the deal even if it involved giving up Plekanec. Or Ryder.

I just don't believe Plex has maxed out... he may have, but it's far too early to tell. And besides, by the pace he played at to end the season, he's a 70-75 point player then.

I might as well watch water boil versus waiting around until sunday - yikes

hehe, tell me about it.

*browsing the web for every little hint on where Garon will end up*

- yikes!

All of you guys always say Plex is a 3rd line centre but in reality I doubt that's what he is. After the first few months when he was moved to the 4th line when Crabonneau finally broke him away from Samsonov and Kovalev, Plekanec rebounded and by the time he was back on an offensive line he was a PPG player. Plex could easily be a 70-80 point man next year.

What's all this about Grabovski vs Plekanec?

I'll give this one to Grabs. ^_^

You should have seen Kovalev Perezhogin and Koivu thsi year in practice to the same thing they make Grabs look like a Peewee!

(All kidding aside all 5 of them have great hands.)

All of you guys always say Plex is a 3rd line centre but in reality I doubt that's what he is. After the first few months when he was moved to the 4th line when Crabonneau finally broke him away from Samsonov and Kovalev, Plekanec rebounded and by the time he was back on an offensive line he was a PPG player. Plex could easily be a 70-80 point man next year.

I'm with you on this observation. His defensive abilities also help create offensive plays which is a very important aspect of a center. If they do trade him the deal better knock our socks off....

Grabovski is listed as 5'9", 172 lb on the Habs' website, a full inch and 24 lbs lighter than Plex. When Grabovski was up with the team, he looked like a rail... he needs a more solid frame IMHO, but I still like him. At his size, though, not down the middle. I'd rather he play LW... he also has a pretty darn good shot from what I've seen.

All I'm saying is if we can get a Marleau type without giving up Plex, that'd be fantastic. I've already said I don't expect that to happen, though. And yes, I'd still make the deal even if it involved giving up Plekanec. Or Ryder.

I just don't believe Plex has maxed out... he may have, but it's far too early to tell. And besides, by the pace he played at to end the season, he's a 70-75 point player then.

The tsn site lists Grabovski at 5' 11" ...they look the same size to me in the youtube video. Either way neither are big by any stretch and neither play big.

You can't add in the "end of season pace for 70-75 points. If Higgins didn't get injured then he would have had 84 goals and 130 points by the same stretch.

The tsn site lists Grabovski at 5' 11" ...they look the same size to me in the youtube video. Either way neither are big by any stretch and neither play big.

You can't add in the "end of season pace for 70-75 points. If Higgins didn't get injured then he would have had 84 goals and 130 points by the same stretch.

Hey buddy, this is where you've been hiding eh? :lol:

Carmine told me you were here. I've been away from Habs forums for the last 6 months but back in time for the Free Agents Frenzy!!!

Always great reading your posts Matt. :hlogo:

Edited by EasternGuy

Hey buddy, this is where you've been hiding eh? :lol:

Carmine told me you were here. I've been away from Habs forums for the last 6 months but back in time for the Free Agents Frenzy!!!

Always great reading your posts Matt. :hlogo:

WOW!!!

Now there's a blast from the past!!

Good to hear from you. I hope all is well.

Stick around this time huh? :D

changing topic from family reunion

rumor has it that Briere wants 6 years! He'd be 35-36 at the end of his contract! could he be making it hard on purpose for the sabres? maybe the kid wants to go Mtl anyways!...

still I don't see BG giving anybody more than 4 years let alone 6! In case he really is going to go out of his way just for Briere's and the Quebec Fan's base...

For our sake if he does I hope Briere really I mean REALLY wants to wear the Bleu blanc rouge!... I only want players that bleed the Glorieux in any contract that goes more than 2 years

DON'T CARE WHERE UR FROM !! AS LONG AS U ARE A HABS FAN ABOVE ALL!

Nobody should be surprised that Briere wants 6 years. Look at Elias last year...and Arnott: highly sought-after free agents want long-term security, and only the teams willing to give them that have a chance at landing them.

A six year contract is 3 years too much in my opinion. Just look how many long term contracts that has been bought out the last couple of years. Even real stars like Jaromir Jagr has been released due to heavy contracts.

Also... I was trying to be realistic and looked on what teams could land which players.

Los Angeles Kings could get maybe two of the most wanted. I expect them to pursue Souray if he's a free agent by monday. Meanwhile they could be forced to move a defenceman by them selfs. Aaron Miller? How about a trade and sign move?

Souray for Miller?

And why are the Sharks eyeing Drury? And why haven't the Sabres done anything yet? Is it because Vanek is a restricted free agent?

What will happen to Perezhogin? Does he really want to play in Russia or could he accept to play for another team in the NHL? If so he could be used as bait. Mike Johnsson? Are they waiting or will he be lost?

Anyway. If the Sharks get Drury would they be interested in trading Marleau?

I wouldn't mind Marleau..but to be honest...I think Kostitsyn has made the cut, and so has Corey Locke for this upcoming season.....Marleau is alright.....but if theres one guy who never quits.....its Scott Gomez.....I just think he would be such a perfect fit in Montreal....Can a statiscian PLEASE give me gomez's stats while playing in Montreal? the PPG average is pretty damn good...surpassing briere, Marleau...or any other UFA.....PLEASE....I need these stats in comparison! :)

I wouldn't mind Marleau..but to be honest...I think Kostitsyn has made the cut, and so has Corey Locke for this upcoming season.....Marleau is alright.....but if theres one guy who never quits.....its Scott Gomez.....I just think he would be such a perfect fit in Montreal....Can a statiscian PLEASE give me gomez's stats while playing in Montreal? the PPG average is pretty damn good...surpassing briere, Marleau...or any other UFA.....PLEASE....I need these stats in comparison! :)

Locke? He'll need a miracle to make the team out of camp. Chipchura, Kostitsyn, Grabovski all have a leg up on a player the organization acknowledges isn't a good skater.

Any statistician worth their salt will tell you that games played by Gomez in Montreal is too small a sample size to have any meaning in a statistical analysis, and any hockey fan can tell you that the number of points a player gets playing against Montreal in Montreal is meaningless in trying to determine how many points he will get playing for Montreal. None of this to suggest that I wouldn't want him on the team.

Blake is fine but he is another smurf, and the habs have plenty of smurfs. The one position the Habs have good young talent is top 6 wingers.

The Habs need a serious upgrade to the D, and a big center.

TFP reports the Habs are looking at Rafalski or Stuart if they can't get Souray signed.

Blake is fine but he is another smurf, and the habs have plenty of smurfs. The one position the Habs have good young talent is top 6 wingers.

The Habs need a serious upgrade to the D, and a big center.

TFP reports the Habs are looking at Rafalski or Stuart if they can't get Souray signed.

Ok Chris...I've gotta ask....who are all these "smurfs" you always refer to?

Excellent :clap:

Agreed, I'd take either (both is better though )