Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

On pace for 25 goals? Oh boy.

Torrey Mitchell is on pace for 25 goals with no PP time. DD is on pace for 25 goals, and we know he ain't scoring it. Dale Weise is on pace for 40 goals. Tyler Toffoli is on pace for 54 goals!

Iginla isn't a player that has had one anomaly regular season and one anomaly post-season to claim for his entire career. He's kind of a big deal, even at 38.

• Upvote 1

Meh, not that big of a deal bro...

Knew the Lars hatin' army would jump on that "on pace" sh!t, lmfao!

Really though, too much for the 38 yr old imho.

The problem is, we're unlikely to get a bona-fide top-6 scoring winger between Christmas and the trade dealine without giving up a lot. Colorado will create a bidding war. And if not Iginla, then who? (I'm asking this honestly, not as sarcasm. It has to be a player who is both potentially available and a legit scoring winger). And will that 'someone else' represent better vaue?

On pace for 25 goals? Oh boy.

Torrey Mitchell is on pace for 25 goals with no PP time. DD is on pace for 25 goals, and we know he ain't scoring it. Dale Weise is on pace for 40 goals. Tyler Toffoli is on pace for 54 goals!

Iginla isn't a player that has had one anomaly regular season and one anomaly post-season to claim for his entire career. He's kind of a big deal, even at 38.

Eller on pace for 25 as well

Ya, I'd give alot too. Not Beaulieu though. Markov isn't going to play for ever...

Beaulieu is a MAYBE to become a top 4 defenceman... he's a top 6 right now, and I hope he progresses, but he may not get there. I include him cause the Avs are in desperate need of defence and you have to give something to get something. I think he'd be the start of any trade scenario. I wouldn't give him up for just anyone, but here is what you are looking at

24 year old NHLer who has 3 seasons of .9 PPG or more already under his belt. An elite centre/wing heading into his prime.

Good contract.

He already has a 70 point season under his belt, which on the Habs only one player has done and thats Plekanec (who is unlikely to repeat it).

He immediately becomes 1a/1b best forward on our team with Pacioretty, and he can play C whihc is the number 1 C we've lacked forever.

Elite forwards are hard to get... and its gonna be costly.

The Habs had someone at LA-NYI last night. That's the second time that they've had someone watching the Kings in recent games. That said, it could just be advanced scouting as there are a pair of NYI games on the docket next week (Friday the 20th and Sunday the 22nd).

The Habs had someone at LA-NYI last night. That's the second time that they've had someone watching the Kings in recent games. That said, it could just be advanced scouting as there are a pair of NYI games on the docket next week (Friday the 20th and Sunday the 22nd).

I could see LA wanting Tinordi. Maybe flip him with fellow 2010 first rounder Derek Fobort?

I could see LA wanting Tinordi. Maybe flip him with fellow 2010 first rounder Derek Fobort?

I'd do that. Forbort has one year left of waiver exemption so it would clear the logjam for a bit. The shine has come off Forbort as a prospect recently too so it would be a swap of underachievers. That's a good proposal.

I'd do that. Forbort has one year left of waiver exemption so it would clear the logjam for a bit. The shine has come off Forbort as a prospect recently too so it would be a swap of underachievers. That's a good proposal.

I don't know much about Forbort, but this does sound appealing. Ships Tin Man out of the conference, which is wise on the off-chance that he does become a decent player, while getting a prospect back, etc.. Hope it happens.

I don't know much about Forbort, but this does sound appealing. Ships Tin Man out of the conference, which is wise on the off-chance that he does become a decent player, while getting a prospect back, etc.. Hope it happens.

And knowing Bergevin he'll get a draft pick out of it too.

Ah, I don't see why though. If I'm Bergevin, I'm putting Tinordi in a trade as sweetener for scoring forward.

He's not much of a sweetener though. What's his solo trade value right now? If it was a 2nd round pick, one would think they'd have moved him already. That would suggest a 3rd at most is what they're being offered in terms of a pick. Is a 3rd round pick much of a sweetener when you're trying to acquire a big upgrade up front? Not really.

Just read a rumor on hockeybuzz.com by some blogger named Eklund. He said that Bergevin has held preliminary trade talks with Vancouver about Vrbata. No other names mentioned. Judging by the comments made by some readers, this Eklund guy might be a hack. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Canadiens had interest in Vrbata. I'm hoping they don't do it. He's a potential UFA with a big cap hit and will likely be expensive to acquire. I'd rather see the Habs go after a more long term solution if they're going to shell good assets.

Edited by John B