Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Maybe PG can trade Gomez, Kornev and ??? for Versteeg. Kinda like the deal Sather got. 1 player that I would keep but the rest would be players not comming here or don't want to be here.

Gomez, Kornev, brother Andre and a bag of pucks (maybe even a big bag of pucks). Fine granted in this last suggestion only the bag of pucks would be useful to the Habs but I think for Versteeg it's worth the loss.

Kosty, Kornev, Gomez, bag of pucks and a hardy handshake (since cap space is an issue) and we could get back Versteeg, Kaberle (sp) and Kadri???

we can give them 2Ks, 1G, 1BoP and 1HHS for 1V and 2Ks; sound fair to me, anybody else?

As with the other proposal, multiple 1st rounders would need to go the Leafs' way as well, especially since the Leafs have very limited cap space. Dealing Gomez for Versteeg basically takes them out of the UFA hunt next year, so unless the Habs are eating another bad deal back, it makes little sense for them. Korneev has next to no value, the Habs might be able to get a future conditional 7th rounder for him - he has no intention of ever coming over so why would anyone want him? As for the 2nd idea, I'm hoping you're joking there.

Everybody is talking about it, can't really ignore it : Zenon Konopka anyone ?

2nd in fights involved in the league, plays 11:00 + per game (so able to take regular shifts) and 6th in the league for faceoffs...

Pending UFA at 600,000$ ...

Do you pull the trigger ?

2nd in fights involved in the league, plays 11:00 + per game (so able to take regular shifts) and 6th in the league for faceoffs...

Oh hell fight him tonight repeatedly and if he clearly kicks our ass then YES!

As with the other proposal, multiple 1st rounders would need to go the Leafs' way as well, especially since the Leafs have very limited cap space. Dealing Gomez for Versteeg basically takes them out of the UFA hunt next year, so unless the Habs are eating another bad deal back, it makes little sense for them. Korneev has next to no value, the Habs might be able to get a future conditional 7th rounder for him - he has no intention of ever coming over so why would anyone want him? As for the 2nd idea, I'm hoping you're joking there.

yes I was joking :)

I guess I was wishing for Burke to be a secret Habs fan and take Gomez off our hands.

thanks for putting up with my rant, man did Gomez kill my buzz last night!!!

Here is rolling to a better G-Love tonight

and

as for Konopka I would do it yet I would not give more then a 5th rounder if we have one left that is.

Edited by ehjay

The Habs have every pick except their own 2nd. They also have Anaheim's 4th this year (Chipchura).

thanks dlbair :) you put up with my rants very informativaly :) much obliged sir :)

We need more Polish players!! So yes, let's get him. But seriously, I just googled him, and found out his favourite arena to play in is Montreal.

Konopka is a terrible player. He'll fight, and he's weirdly good at faceoffs, but he's terrible at everything else. He plays 11 minutes a night for the worst team in the NHL, a team that has also been hit ridiculously hard by injuries (will have over 500 man games lost for like the 5th straight year or something). He broke into the league with a crappy Tampa team...

That said, the other players that Chris mentioned are worth looking at to varying levels.

Konopka is a terrible player. He'll fight, and he's weirdly good at faceoffs, but he's terrible at everything else. He plays 11 minutes a night for the worst team in the NHL, a team that has also been hit ridiculously hard by injuries (will have over 500 man games lost for like the 5th straight year or something). He broke into the league with a crappy Tampa team...

That said, the other players that Chris mentioned are worth looking at to varying levels.

Neil would be my 1st choice. He is a beast and if White keeps up like he did last night then, IMO, I think the Habs would mash up the Boos and give a good lick or two to the flies.

Neil would be my 1st choice. He is a beast and if White keeps up like he did last night then, IMO, I think the Habs would mash up the Boos and give a good lick or two to the flies.

I wouldnt go so far.. but yes its the bare minimum so as not to be pushed around... there must be at least one player in each of the bottom two lines that is ready to go after anyone, without hesitation... the rest is gravy. The same goes for D.. I would go as far as having one in each pairing that can at least put up a fight and not do a Gill or Spacek... Mind you I respect them for what they can and did do.. but we must at least be able to land ONE punch in

Bear in mind with Neil, the Habs would have to overpay beyond what any other team (well, aside from BOS, BUF, and TOR) due to the divisional factor. I'm a proponent of making the best deal possible but most GM's seem hesitant to trade within the division. Clarkson, despite his much lousier contract, would be easier to get I believe.

Bear in mind with Neil, the Habs would have to overpay beyond what any other team (well, aside from BOS, BUF, and TOR) due to the divisional factor. I'm a proponent of making the best deal possible but most GM's seem hesitant to trade within the division. Clarkson, despite his much lousier contract, would be easier to get I believe.

Oh absolutely... this is fantasy land wishing... No way on earth Ottawa deals Neil to a division rival, knowing how effective he is. Only way we get him would be in a three way deal where Ottawa doesnt suspect the secondary trade

Doubtful they'd trade a top 6 guy like O'Brien considering they're trying to make the playoffs, unless he's douchebagging his way out of two dressing rooms in a year. I think a Sulzer deal makes a little bit of sense, and I'd guess the Habs would then carry 8 d-men or else send Weber back down. No reason to waive Picard to make room for Sulzer... they're essentially in the same boat.

I guess the thing with Sulzer is do we really know for sure he's better than what we have? Just seems like a warm body, which we have a couple of already in Picard and Festerling. This move seems like it'd help Hamilton out more so than Montreal.

Doubtful they'd trade a top 6 guy like O'Brien considering they're trying to make the playoffs, unless he's douchebagging his way out of two dressing rooms in a year. I think a Sulzer deal makes a little bit of sense, and I'd guess the Habs would then carry 8 d-men or else send Weber back down. No reason to waive Picard to make room for Sulzer... they're essentially in the same boat.

I guess the thing with Sulzer is do we really know for sure he's better than what we have? Just seems like a warm body, which we have a couple of already in Picard and Festerling. This move seems like it'd help Hamilton out more so than Montreal.

I'm really hoping that Gauthier makes a deal or two for the Bulldogs sake since I expect them to lose another regular via trade to bring in some NHL help. Can't see Weber being sent down either considering he's a regular and Picard isn't, I'd imagine they'd waive Picard for cap reasons if they had to or just keep him up as the #8 as there are no roster limits after the 28th.

Habs are sending scouts to Nashville all week to apparently look at a d-man. The articles below speculate the names of Alex Sulzer and Shane O'Brien...and it's not from Eklund even.

http://www.examiner....-home-this-week

http://www.examiner.com/montreal-canadiens-in-montreal/habs-looking-to-land-a-predator

When was the last time Gauthier or Gainey made a deal that had footprints leading toward it?

I am more apt to think this is a smoke screen to cover up what they are really up to.

Edited by Wamsley01

When was the last time Gauthier or Gainey made a deal that had footprints leading toward it?

I am more apt to think this is a smoke screen to cover up what they are really up to.

You're absolutely right. Still, it's at least something to talk about.

Gainey had several: Tanguay was rumoured for a long time, for example. So was Robert Lang, and Mathieu Schneider surprised zero people. Theodore to Colroado rumours started in 2003.

Since Gauthier not a lot has happened, but again these are just opinions on who they might be targeting here. They could be looking at a forward, or players on other teams that Nashville are playing. The 'looking for a d-man' thing is purely speculative based on Montreal's injury situation.