Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Agree!!

You don't move Subban, unless it's for a YOUNG elite centre ( like Toews), that is locked up long term. The only short contract I'd be willing to move Subban for is Malkin. Neither of these guys are available.

The fear I have is PG going after an older centre like Briere, or a guy like Getzlaf who can walk next year.

Subban for a Centre who could walk as a UFA in July 2013; HELL NO.

I still wouldn't make that trade. Anaheim may have a high #1 pick this year, we have no idea if the pick will be as goo next year.

Only way the Subban for Getzlaf could work is if it's Subban for Getzlaf and conditional pick. The pick would have to be 1st if Getzlaf doesn't re-sign, no pick if he does.

I still wouldn't make that trade. Anaheim may have a high #1 pick this year, we have no idea if the pick will be as goo next year.

It would be at least 2014 before you got Anaheim's pick.

Consider the 2013 draft takes place in June, and July 1, 2013 would be the day Getzlaf leaves as a UFA. So your conditional pick would have to be a 2014 draft pick, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Then consider that 2014 pick would be 18 years old, and unless its a top pick, you'd probably be waiting until he's 20 or 21 to make the league.

You'd be trading Subban for a player who won't play with you til like 2016..

I don't like that.

True - forgot it would be after the following July 1.

In any event, I don't consider Getzlaf to ever be among the top 5 or 6 centers. I think Subban has the potential to be among the top 5-6 dman.

To move Subban, IMO you need to get a centre who has the potential to be a toews, stamkos or Malkin type player.

It would be at least 2014 before you got Anaheim's pick.

Consider the 2013 draft takes place in June, and July 1, 2013 would be the day Getzlaf leaves as a UFA. So your conditional pick would have to be a 2014 draft pick, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Then consider that 2014 pick would be 18 years old, and unless its a top pick, you'd probably be waiting until he's 20 or 21 to make the league.

You'd be trading Subban for a player who won't play with you til like 2016..

I don't like that.

Lets just hope the Leafs give up Schenn and Kadri for him and he walks next summer to go play again for the Ducks.

I think that would be a good move for the leafs for two reasons. First I think they have a better chance of resigning Getzlaf. Secondly, I think Schenn is over-rated.

I'm not sure what the CBA rules are,but I would trade PK in a heartbeat for Getzlaf or Parise,as long as we could sign them before/during the trade. We have some good young D prospect in the piupeline,but haven't had an elite center(or forward) for 20 years.

In any event, I don't consider Getzlaf to ever be among the top 5 or 6 centers. I think Subban has the potential to be among the top 5-6 dman.

He may not be in your top 5 or 6 centers but he is mine for what he would bring to the Habs. The guy is a point per game player, 6'4-220lb, right handed shot, gold medal winner, Stanley cup champion and captain of his team. He would single-handedly change the perception of this team being a bunch of smurfs. He is having an off year, but so is the Anaheim team as a whole. Montreal hasn't had a player of his ilk since I can remember. I would trade anybody except for Price to get him. Yes, Subban has potential to be amongst the best defensemen in the league but it is just that, potential. This is all assuming that Getzlaf would sign an extension, otherwise trading for him has disaster written all over it.

He may not be in your top 5 or 6 centers but he is mine for what he would bring to the Habs. The guy is a point per game player, 6'4-220lb, right handed shot, gold medal winner, Stanley cup champion and captain of his team. He would single-handedly change the perception of this team being a bunch of smurfs. He is having an off year, but so is the Anaheim team as a whole. Montreal hasn't had a player of his ilk since I can remember. I would trade anybody except for Price to get him. Yes, Subban has potential to be amongst the best defensemen in the league but it is just that, potential. This is all assuming that Getzlaf would sign an extension, otherwise trading for him has disaster written all over it.

I would trade Price for him,but Anaheim wouldn't as they have Hiller.

I'm not sure what the CBA rules are,but I would trade PK in a heartbeat for Getzlaf or Parise,as long as we could sign them before/during the trade. We have some good young D prospect in the piupeline,but haven't had an elite center(or forward) for 20 years.

Parise you could ask permission to speak to before the trade (the Devils would have to agree).

Getzlaf, you can't sign to an extension before July 1st, 2012, so you can't even request permission before that.

Parise you could ask permission to speak to before the trade (the Devils would have to agree).

Getzlaf, you can't sign to an extension before July 1st, 2012, so you can't even request permission before that.

Aren't they both UFA's ? If so,why would the rules be different

I had a dream we traded Price and Subban for Parise, Henrique and a 1st. Darren Dutchy is always the guy who announces trades in a hockey dream. Not sure why Parise would re-sign with us but I'm sure Commandant has a comment on why I'm dreaming about Parise ;)

I read a rumor on another site,

someone said the habs are keeping JM around to possibly be a GM? Did anyone else read that?

This is the definition of insanity, Doing the same thing over and over and expectign different results.

They need a complete cleansing of the hockey brass up there.

Parsise is a ufa July 1, 2012, Getzlaf in 2013.

Aren't they both UFA's ? If so,why would the rules be different

That would be incredibly stupid. After all Martin did such a great job in Florida when he went from coach to GM there!!! But I guess RDS would be happy. We could have an entire team of Darche's for them to interview!!

someone said the habs are keeping JM around to possibly be a GM? Did anyone else read that?

This is the definition of insanity, Doing the same thing over and over and expectign different results.

Dreger has absolutely zero contacts in Montreal so when he cooked up his list of potential GMs for Montreal, he tossed Martin up there because Montreal still has to pay him $3M next season.

I'd be fine with keeping him in the organization somehow, like as a pro scout. But making him GM just because we gotta pay him next year is silly. We're not the Nashville Predators. Molson can afford it.

I didn't write it, but that has been on the back of my mind. Ask Florida how that worked out. They couldn't get rid of him fast enough. I expect all they are doing is getting some value out of their settlement. Personnally, I don't want his mindset anywhere around our selections. PURGE! PURGE! PURGE!

Dreger has absolutely zero contacts in Montreal so when he cooked up his list of potential GMs for Montreal, he tossed Martin up there because Montreal still has to pay him $3M next season.

I'd be fine with keeping him in the organization somehow, like as a pro scout. But making him GM just because we gotta pay him next year is silly. We're not the Nashville Predators. Molson can afford it.

What makes you think Dreger has no contacts here? Just curious?

What makes you think Dreger has no contacts here? Just curious?

His Canadiens rumours or information tend to be completely off the mark.

One of Dredge's favourite lines to say after something happens in Montreal is that he's been following said trades build-up, "for quite some time" when he hasn't said a word about it publicly... ever.

As Commandant has stated, his connections in Toronto are quite deep. Everywhere else? Only if he heard it from his connections in Toronto.

I didn't write it, but that has been on the back of my mind. Ask Florida how that worked out. They couldn't get rid of him fast enough. I expect all they are doing is getting some value out of their settlement. Personnally, I don't want his mindset anywhere around our selections. PURGE! PURGE! PURGE!

I half kiddingly predicted back in Sept/Oct we would acquire Kaberle and JM becoming GM.That would be the worse thing that could happen.Especially his "toughness is overrated" philosophy

JM is a fine coach but his track record as GM suggests it's the Jacques Demers syndrome. Keep him out of the GM's chair. I will say that, seeing as we ended up dumping a primary agitator against his coaching regime, and that the results have if anything been worse under his replacement, he probably should not have been fired in retrospect.

For my part, I've become convinced that Gauthier needs to go. I don't think he's made any catastrophic individual errors, but the overall pattern is one of sheer reaction, confusion, and contradictory messages. We're at a similar point as when Gainey took over in the specific sense that the organization is crying out for a firm hand who can come in, implement a vision and have that sense of order and competence fliter downward through the whole structure. On Dregher's list, I suppose Julien BriseBois would be the most plausible candidate. Pierre Lacroix would certainly bring immense credibility however. Given that Riseborough was a total dud in Minnesota, he'd make a strange one.

J. Brisebois is incredibly overrated. All people ever say about the guy is that he's well liked and he was our capologist. Hurray? It'd be nice for someone to tell me exactly what he's done or what his philosophies are. I've heard more about Claude Loiselle.

If it was Pat Brisson's dream to become a GM, now would be the time.

J. Brisebois is incredibly overrated. All people ever say about the guy is that he's well liked and he was our capologist. Hurray? It'd be nice for someone to tell me exactly what he's done or what his philosophies are. I've heard more about Claude Loiselle.

If it was Pat Brisson's dream to become a GM, now would be the time.

Not a fan of brisson. havent huidden from the fact that I really want McGuire but I also love the information that Damphousse has with the CBA, agents and players.