Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I will take that bet.

Especially with Windsor hosting Memorial Cup and Sergachev a lock to play world juniors in Toronto/Montreal in 3 more months and cant see him bumping anyone to play anything but 3rd pairing minutes. So, wont even get 1 regular season game, is my guess.

We haven't had anyone really worthy of the 9 game tryout other than Galchenyuk.

These usually go to top 10 picks.

Our only other Top 10 pick post cap when this rule came in was Carey Price and you don't do it with a goalie.

Sergachev is a good candidate though... I wouldn't want him up the whole year though unless he really impresses in that nine.

Habs have enough serviceable defense now, Barbiero, Pateryn, and Redmond should fill the last 2 spots nicely barring injury plague like last year.

I think, and hope, Habs management brings this guy along slow, for this year at least. Looks like he has all the tools, and may be almost NHL ready, but time in the minors/junior will probably be Bergevin's choice.

I kinda hope he is so good they have to keep him though :hyper: you know, just so he can develop under Markov and big Shea an extra year :)

I wouldn't mind seeing Sergachev on the team if a) he earns his spot in camp as one of the best 6 defenseman and b) the Habs plan on keeping him all year and are willing to give him the proper ice time to further his development.  Otherwise, back to junior before the start of the season.  I have my doubts that he's ready for full time NHL duty though and IMO he would be served playing in Windsor for one more year.

Also have to consider the waiver situation in Montreal.  Weber, Markov, Petry, Beaulieu, and Emelin are likely locks to make the team barring one of them getting traded.  Barberio (who showed he could play a 3rd pair role efficiently last year), Pateryn, and Redmond are going to be competing with Sergachev for the final two spots (assuming the Habs want to carry 7 defenseman) on the roster.  Everyone except Sergachev needs to clear waivers to be sent to the minors.  So if Sergachev gets one of the final two spots just so the Habs can look at him for 9 games and send him back, they risk losing two depth defenseman on waivers. It would leave them with 6 defenseman on the roster and the next call up likely being one of Samuelsson, Hanley, Johnston, or Lernout.  Which is quite a drop off from Barberio, Redmond, or Pateryn.  This is why I would want to see him either make the team for the entire season because he belongs in the NHL or sent back to junior. 

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201609/24/01-5024074-jets-jacob-trouba-a-demande-a-etre-echange.php?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_B13b_hockey_194509_section_POS2

Trouba has asked for a trade... He would look pretty handsome in a Habs sweater no?

Im not too sure what it would take but I would offer something like... 28, 14 and a 1st?

I didnt cap into account so maybe this is PS god mode offer but ya`ll get me I hope :)

59 minutes ago, ehjay said:

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201609/24/01-5024074-jets-jacob-trouba-a-demande-a-etre-echange.php?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_B13b_hockey_194509_section_POS2

Trouba has asked for a trade... He would look pretty handsome in a Habs sweater no?

Im not too sure what it would take but I would offer something like... 28, 14 and a 1st?

I didnt cap into account so maybe this is PS god mode offer but ya`ll get me I hope :)

He wants to play on the right side in a top four role.  He won't in Winnipeg and he wouldn't in Montreal so I doubt he'd be open to actually signing with the Habs if they were to trade for him.

On 9/25/2016 at 10:15 AM, dlbalr said:

He wants to play on the right side in a top four role.  He won't in Winnipeg and he wouldn't in Montreal so I doubt he'd be open to actually signing with the Habs if they were to trade for him.

Lawless seems to think it is not a usage issue but a Winterpeg one..... http://www.tsn.ca/trouba-has-the-makings-of-a-first-pairing-talent-1.573828

if that be it then MB should (imo) gun after this kid with gumption.

3 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

He just said he wants to play on the right side. It won't happen in Montreal 

I think he could be better then the Poutine

2 hours ago, ehjay said:

Lawless seems to think it is not a usage issue but a Winterpeg one..... http://www.tsn.ca/trouba-has-the-makings-of-a-first-pairing-talent-1.573828

if that be it then MB should (imo) gun after this kid with gumption.

If he wants out of Winnipeg, what makes you think montreal is better; still going to face fan pressures and bad weather.  He likely wants out of canada. 

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Take that back

okay Petry then? :)

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

If he wants out of Winnipeg, what makes you think montreal is better; still going to face fan pressures and bad weather.  He likely wants out of canada. 

I think he could be alright here, he would give Petry a good run for his minutes and if he plays then I think Captn Kirk will call his number for PP even if MT forgets he's on the bench. To me this might be a good fit for the future of Habs RD too.

31 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

No question Trouba is solid, but as Dlbalr said, it would basically take Petry to waive his no movement

clause. 

And on top of that, why would the Jets take Petry back?  They have Byfuglien and Myers on big money, long-term deals on the right side so they're not going to want Petry either.  (They want a left shot D.)  So basically, Petry would have to waive his NMC, then the Habs would have to trade him somewhere other than Winnipeg, then take that package and add to it for Trouba.  I can't see all that happening.

Had Montreal made the Subban trade to Edmonton, we'd probably be the frontrunner for Trouba (though I've heard he doesn't want to play in Canada and his agent has indicated such in the past, though right now they are playing semi-nice so Trouba can get Winnipeg the best possible offer) 

Winnipeg/Anaheim would be a great swap but the Jets want more than just Fowler. 

Toronto would love to get him but I don't know how much he wants to be in Toronto.

Edmonton really wants him but if he didn't want to be in Winnipeg he sure as heck won't want to play for the Oilers. Even with the "McDavid Effect"

Hamonic/Trouba was likely possible six months ago but not today.

Probably the three best possible places are Minnesota (Brodin or Scandella), Philadelphia (something involving Del Zotto or Sanheim) or my favourite possibility which is Boston trading Torey Krug + for Jacob Trouba. Trouba is younger with less proven but he fits the Boston mold and would be groomed to be their top RH defenceman. I don't know how much more Winnipeg would want for Trouba but Krug fits their need for a LHD, he can put up big points, and he's signed for a couple seasons. 

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Trouba is getting overrated big time.

Does he have potential? sure he's young and still does.  But he hasn't proven as much as fans give him credit for. 

ya I was thinking the same thing......what makes this kids so special?

4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

And on top of that, why would the Jets take Petry back?  They have Byfuglien and Myers on big money, long-term deals on the right side so they're not going to want Petry either.  (They want a left shot D.)  So basically, Petry would have to waive his NMC, then the Habs would have to trade him somewhere other than Winnipeg, then take that package and add to it for Trouba.  I can't see all that happening.

okay I get people are not big on Trouba like me, cool :( 

Brian was he not in EDM before the Habs?

4 minutes ago, ehjay said:

okay I get people are not big on Trouba like me, cool :( 

Brian was he not in EDM before the Habs?

Yes, he was in Edmonton.  My statement of the Jets taking Petry back referred to them taking him as part of the return for Trouba, not that he would be returning there for a second stint with the team.  I should have clarified that better.