Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Eklund is claiming that Montreal is looking at Desharnais and a prospect for Dougie Hamilton. This is a deal I would make all day,however I don't think the dollars work. And it comes from Eklund so we know that there is a 99.2 percent chance that it is complete hokum.

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

Eklund is claiming that Montreal is looking at Desharnais and a prospect for Dougie Hamilton. This is a deal I would make all day,however I don't think the dollars work. And it comes from Eklund so we know that there is a 99.2 percent chance that it is complete hokum.

Great idea, except that it makes no sense for Calgary unless they have lost COMPLETE faith in Hamilton, like Edmonton did with Yakupov.

4 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Bruins traded Hamilton because he was a p.o.s in the dressing room and his teammates hated him. He won't be coming to Montreal  

The P.O.S. story has only been reported by Joe Haggerty.

Joe Haggerty might be the worst reporter in the NHL. 

18 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The P.O.S. story has only been reported by Joe Haggerty.

Joe Haggerty might be the worst reporter in the NHL. 

It is also the Bruins organization go-to move when they trade a star player to bring up "character" issues and how they didn't fit in the room. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Great idea, except that it makes no sense for Calgary unless they have lost COMPLETE faith in Hamilton, like Edmonton did with Yakupov.

Hey I am just the messenger I don't believe it will or can happen but I would do it in a heartbeat, wouldn't you/

11 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Isn't he leading Flames defencemen in scoring?

They also have him playing less than 20 minutes a game, hence teams are calling the flames asking if he's available as per Elliotte Friedmann.

Doesn't mean much, other than that teams have called. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

They also have him playing less than 20 minutes a game, hence teams are calling the flames asking if he's available as per Elliotte Friedmann.

Doesn't mean much, other than that teams have called. 

Yeah, the guy that I hear being a disappointment is Monahan. Flames fans aren't so high on him anymore. Lots of floater talk. 

53 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Yeah, the guy that I hear being a disappointment is Monahan. Flames fans aren't so high on him anymore. Lots of floater talk. 

Habs fans arnt so high on Pacioretty, so maybe should swap players.

8 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

I've heard that Desharnais is officially on the chopping block according to the guys at AntiChambre. If they're willing to openly slag a Quebecois, and with Danault playing the way he is, there must be some traction.

He was on the trade block for most of last season. They had to know the writing was on the wall with him.

We won't know (if we ever know at all) if Bergevin was just trying to salary dump him or if he was trying to get something back for DD and that's why he couldn't make a deal.

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Dreger said that Desharnais was the player that Bergevin was trying to move the most at the draft. 

Who would take him though, he is seriously over his head in today's NHL... a liability almost every shift it seems this season.

6 minutes ago, KoRP said:

Who would take him though, he is seriously over his head in today's NHL... a liability almost every shift it seems this season.

There's plenty of teams who would take him...if the Habs take a comparable or worse contract in return, especially one that extends past this season.  Those teams would view Desharnais' expiring deal as an asset.  There's a deal out there depending on the type of contract Bergevin wants to take back.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

There's plenty of teams who would take him...if the Habs take a comparable or worse contract in return, especially one that extends past this season.  Those teams would view Desharnais' expiring deal as an asset.  There's a deal out there depending on the type of contract Bergevin wants to take back.

Please no more Briere for Paranteau deal thanks.

53 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

This was the kind of deal Bergevin used to be the best at.

That's why I have my doubts that he was making every effort to move him. 

3 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

This was the kind of deal Bergevin used to be the best at.

That's why I have my doubts that he was making every effort to move him. 

I agree.  I'm pretty confident that there are teams out there that would do a deal like this (take Desharnais in exchange for a player with term) - the question is, should the Habs want to add more guaranteed salary for next season when they'll have Markov, Radulov, and Galchenyuk, among others, to re-sign or replace?