Deadline Wishlist

ForumGhost

So of all the names being thrown around, who would you want brought in most?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want?

• Frolov
    • Horton
    • Booth
    • Cogliano
    • Ponikarovsky
    • Mueller
    • J. Johnson
    • Whitney

Start a real rebuild, Deal Markov, Hamrlik and Halak away for picks or prospects and resign Price and Plekanec. Move Gomez if possible, make a deal with another team: to the other team: Gomez and 2nd rounder, to Habs: 7th rounder. I might stretch as far as to a 1st rounder because thats how much getting rid of Gomez contract is worth. About trading Markov, its not that I dont like him but he is getting older and by the time we might have a good team again Markov will be over the hill so deal him now while he is an top5 dman in the league and get some real nice young players, prospects and/or draftpicks back for him.

Im tired, thats all...

Edited by Dalhabs

Start a real rebuild, Deal Markov, Hamrlik and Halak away for picks or prospects and resign Price and Plekanec. Move Gomez if possible, make a deal with another team: to the other team: Gomez and 2nd rounder, to Habs: 7th rounder. I might stretch as far as to a 1st rounder because thats how much getting rid of Gomez contract is worth. About trading Markov, its not that I dont like him but he is getting older and by the time we might have a good team again Markov will be over the hill so deal him now while he is an top5 dman in the league and get some real nice young players, prospects and/or draftpicks back for him.

Im tired, thats all...

I like many of your ideas, but let's be real here. It's VERY difficult to complete a trade in the new NHL. It's simply not realistic to think we'll be able to make that many deals in a short period of time!

I voted for Mueller, but I'd also take Johnson in a heartbeat!

Edited by Habsfan

Im tired, thats all...

to deal Markov would bring back alot right now...its a idea

halak would bring back alot also right now..

hamrlik might bring some picks...

these moves could make for a fast rebuild but these guys would be hard to replace

Sigh...we don't need a ground-up rebuild, we need to add 2-3 more good players over the next 2-3 years, while simultaneously replacing lost players such as Hamrlik with comparable talent, to qualify as a contending team. Johnson would therefore be my choice, since he seems like a lock to become a top-4 defenceman within that span. Horton would do too.

If the Habs know more about Markov's long term health than everyone else (and they should), and they don't see a long term performer in him, they should consider moving him. And you're talking to a big time (and long time) Markov booster, here. That being said, Dan Boyle still looks pretty good and he had similar injuries to what Markov has had recently, so I wouldn't pull the plug on him without a ton of information.

I don't like Jack Johnson very much from what I've seen of his personality, and I can't help but think it would end badly long term with him.

Where is all this 'trade Markov' sentiment coming from? Sorry, but it shouldn't and won't happen...

+ 1

I'd rather see Markov retiring with the Habs, meaning whe had him all this time on our own team...