Habs @ Ducks - March 7th, 2010

bar

And why bench Saku? Doesn't he have some of the best shootout goals around? But then again, he is know by Mtl goaltending.

The Koivu I remember is a guy who usually rose to the occasion, delivering at the big moment. Apparenrtly Carlyle missed the memo...or else Saku has declined even more than I realized. But I can tell you this: if Saks had been used, we'd have one less point on the season. Dumb, Anaheim! But thanks. :lol:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the key: I can watch the games, but on mute. I turned the game off after the first. I meant to leave earlier, but I checked my Facebook and still had the game on and the 3rd goal happened. Sorry about that one.

I came back to the game with about 10 minutes left in the 3rd, but for some reason put it on mute. I don't know why, but I haven't watched the Habs just plain old win very much so I tried something different. Needless to say, I didn't turn the volume back ;)on until the shootout was over.

well you just jinxed that too! ;)

Miracle trip :clap: needed those points badly.

These games against West are huge wins for game against.

The other teams have to face division rivals and split the points.

Speaking of them...

Boston lost Savard in their best looking game of the year. Stinks for Julien but without

Savard, Boston has no power play.

Rags and Sens coaches are losing it. Torto is making Torto comments pointing Gaborik and

Cluston is blaming referees for everything, not good for them, Gaborik is closing like a shell under

pressure and Ottawa goes on the road for 2/3 of their last games and they disappear on the road.

Ottawa plays home 23-9-4 road 13-16-1.

Habs have to play a couple of good home games and it looks good.

Almost positive out here on a monday morning. I'd say target Ottawa, they are the weakest of the team ahead

of them.

Target Ottawa? What does that mean? They lose a tough game with half the team out wiht the flu and they are the weak link?

The habs need to worry about the habs and win some games. There competetion is Tampa, Boston and the Rags.

Too bad the team didn't show up the first half of the game, thye could have made it alot easier on themselves. What system was that in the first part of the game, "don't cover anyone and back off the blue line". That was a joke.

I'm sure they received a quality a## chewing between periods and responded much better the second half of the game. They showed really good character and work in the 3rd, thta was a miracle 2 pooints, let's hope they keep it up at home this week.

Target Ottawa? What does that mean? They lose a tough game with half the team out wiht the flu and they are the weak link?

The habs need to worry about the habs and win some games. There competetion is Tampa, Boston and the Rags.

Too bad the team didn't show up the first half of the game, thye could have made it alot easier on themselves. What system was that in the first part of the game, "don't cover anyone and back off the blue line". That was a joke.

I'm sure they received a quality a## chewing between periods and responded much better the second half of the game. They showed really good character and work in the 3rd, thta was a miracle 2 pooints, let's hope they keep it up at home this week.

Not only were they all ill, they still looked like the superior team in that game! Toronto has really done themselves in by having absolutely no scoring punch. I love it! Burke is my favourite Leaf hating GM!!!!

And to think, I though Fergie Jr was out to screw them. This is fun.

Yes, the Habs better worry about themselves and keep winning games. It is the only way they make it to the dance.

Ottawa stinks on the road and when the goin get'S tough Spezza disappear. Leclaire is

a major choker and their coach has a haircut that annoys me even worst than Joel Bouchard.

Leclaire is not a choker, he's a goalie who's been injured so much he hasn't developed as he should. Once he hits his groove, he'll win games for the Sens all by his little lonesome.

I missed the bad part of the game, apparently. I thought it started at 8 PM MST, for some odd reason, so turned it on just in time for the 3rd period. good third, and after some fairly decent plays, horrible turnover by Getzlaf on the Gionta goal. Great digging on the Markov tying goal, and man...just gotta feel a little bad for that save Hiller dropped and had roll into the net in the shootout that basically would've won it for the Ducks. Great wrister by Plex to win it though.

You could tell Markov was playing pissed after the slash from Perry. Seemed to be jumping into the play more than normal after that, and got caught a couple of times as well.

Eventually, it'll be great to have 2 lines clicking at the same time. I thought in the limited action I saw, the Gomez line, and the Moore line were the better of the Habs lines n the 3rd. A Kostitsyn looked a little slow at times.

Bottomline.... the habs can't win with Price in nets no matter what.

Any thoughts ?

Price won two games earlier in the week, the habs let him down in the Shark game. This was a bad game for Price, first time he was pulled this season, I believe Halaks been pulled twice? Why not call this like it was, a bad game. How short the memory of habs fans are.

Edited by bar

We won 2 in a row - wow. Maybe we can make it after all. The way it stands is we have our destiny within our own grasp. Atlanta, Tampa Bay and Florida all have games in hand on us but their total if they win those games equates to 70 points - exactly what we have now. It's so simple for the Habs now. Do better in 12 games versus the Rangers, Atlanta, Tampa Bay and Florida and we make it. Carolina, Islanders and Toronto are toast unless the earth moves or tilts.

And, it all starts on Tuesday. Time to damage Tamapa bay with a 4 pointer. If we lose that game we'll be right back to playing with fire.

Leclaire is not a choker, he's a goalie who's been injured so much he hasn't developed as he should. Once he hits his groove, he'll win games for the Sens all by his little lonesome.

He never has been a goalie that wins games for his team all on his own before, why would that change all of a sudden?

As for the lines, obviously Andrei has to get going eventually, so you keep him with Plekanec and hope it clicks eventually. But I thought Sergei and Plex had some good chemistry before the Olympics. It's one of those things that has me thinking: maybe the Habs should sign Pouliot and Sergei long term (3-5 year deals) and then deal Andrei in the offseason. But let's just focus on the rest of the year and potentially the playoffs before we make those types of calls for good. Just a thought, though.

Obviously, the plan is to have Cammalleri in Pyatt's spot and then roll the other 2 lines as they currently stand. Probably have Lapierre play with Metro and Darche on the 4th, although who knows what they'll do when Bergeron is healthy.

Obviously, the plan is to have Cammalleri in Pyatt's spot and then roll the other 2 lines as they currently stand. Probably have Lapierre play with Metro and Darche on the 4th, although who knows what they'll do when Bergeron is healthy.

I agree on Cammalleri but my gut tells me Pyatt's up for the balance of the season no matter what, Martin just likes him too much. The telling sign will be Wednesday when the Clear Day rosters are released; whoever isn't on it is staying up for the duration.

Hmmm...Darche cannot go down without waivers right? Could we see Skost on waivers? Something has to give right?

Cap wise, yeah, but the 23-man roster limit no longer is in effect. Sergei has 5 games left before requiring waivers. The only player currently up that I think will be back in Hamilton is Maxwell.

Hmmm...Darche cannot go down without waivers right? Could we see Skost on waivers? Something has to give right?

After the trade deadline, there's no 23 man limit. It would be nice to demote someone for cap reasons, but they won't be forced to demote anyone.

Cap wise, yeah, but the 23-man roster limit no longer is in effect. Sergei has 5 games left before requiring waivers. The only player currently up that I think will be back in Hamilton is Maxwell.

Habs could send Pyatt down to Hamilton and recall him once the playoffs begin, though. They don't have to put Pyatt on the Clear Day roster if they don't want to. Pyatt might be our Darren Helm, who was a callup last year with Detroit even though they liked him better than some of their 4th liners, and when the playoffs rolled around and salary didn't matter, he played ahead of those guys.

Habs could send Pyatt down to Hamilton and recall him once the playoffs begin, though. They don't have to put Pyatt on the Clear Day roster if they don't want to. Pyatt might be our Darren Helm, who was a callup last year with Detroit even though they liked him better than some of their 4th liners, and when the playoffs rolled around and salary didn't matter, he played ahead of those guys.

Yep, we've been discussing Pyatt on the Bulldog forums - my concern as I noted earlier though is that I think Martin will want Pyatt up now and in the playoffs. Thus, the only way he'd be eligible for the Calder Cup playoffs is the Clear Day Roster and the Habs in the past tend to not put these types of players on the roster (such as D'Agostini last season).

If Pyatt's not on the Clear Day roster though, he can't play in Hamilton technically unless there's injuries/recalls to players actually on the CDR.

Yep, we've been discussing Pyatt on the Bulldog forums - my concern as I noted earlier though is that I think Martin will want Pyatt up now and in the playoffs. Thus, the only way he'd be eligible for the Calder Cup playoffs is the Clear Day Roster and the Habs in the past tend to not put these types of players on the roster (such as D'Agostini last season).

If Pyatt's not on the Clear Day roster though, he can't play in Hamilton technically unless there's injuries/recalls to players actually on the CDR.

Well, ultimately it's Gauthier's call. Holland overruled Babcock last year in that circumstance, so Martin might just have to sit on it for a week or two. If Martin doesn't think we can make the playoffs with Lapierre and Darche playing ahead of Pyatt... then man, we have issues.

Bottomline.... the habs can't win with Price in nets no matter what.

Any thoughts ?

Yes, my thought is that you're an extremist.