GDT: Montreal (37-32-8) vs Philadelphia (38-33-6)

dlbalr

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are just completely dominating every element of the game for the last half game. I don't understand it.

It's Jacques Martin's system. With a 1 goal lead in the 2nd, Habs players are not allowed to cross the blue line of the offensive zone. In the 3rd, it's the red line at center ice.

Laviolette blew it.....he could have pulled Boucher for the WHOLE 3rd PERIOD. The play's been in our end the whole period

Edited by kenadian

the best part... on rds they're like "at 12 minutes of the 2nd period, the habs stopped playing well" or something to that effect

that is EXACTLY when i started to watch

Finally, it's us on the side of some good luck. Heart attack over.

Ya, I feel dirty, but ...I'm such a slut. What a team that Philly has.

I thought at least the Habs played well the first half of the game, they weren't dominating but neither were the Flyers. That was a painful 2nd half to say the least though, full credit to Halak for pulling this one out (and snapping my winless GDT streak).

The habs had no business winning this game! We got really lucky. Thank the Hockey gods Halak was there! That 3rd period was the most pathetic performance i've ever seen by an NHL team!

Halak was amazing tonight. When will these Habs learn to score some goals though? Were not gonna get in if we cant score.............But huge two points tonight.

This is Karma paying us back for Buffalo and Carolina. Take the win, both teams were hungry. The pts don't count for more when you win 5-1 than 1-0. I've noticed the cycle is non-existent lately and for the love of god tell the players to shoot, they are looking for that perfect play, goal scorers are selfish...especially Cammy, he's trying to be a playmaker when he's a scorer.

Edited by bar

The East really is starting to mirrow HWL now... 3-4 iffy teams are gonna make it to the playoffs "by default" because the rest sucks even worse.

Do we really look ready for the playoffs to you?

Some key players are dealing with low confidence right now, namely Kostitsyn, Pouliot, and Cammy. Bad timing for them, and us, but the huge win is in the bank and the main thing is that they fight through it and come out the other side - hopefully around playoff time ^_^ The goal right now is to make the playoffs. This win furthered that goal. Now let's build on it.

The East really is starting to mirrow HWL now... 3-4 iffy teams are gonna make it to the playoffs "by default" because the rest sucks even worse.

:lol:

###### you.

That 3rd period just resembed so many other games. We have no push-back, we panic in our zone, finally get it out, skate to their blue line, dump it in, go for a line change and start the process all over again. That's our MO for 3rd periods when we have a lead. I can't even stand to look at Martin's face behind the bench anymore.

As long as Martin continues to coach, our slow defence continues to play confused and our "little" forwards play on the peripheral, we will be lucky to win 1 game IF we make the playoffs. Check our GF and GA, who's below us with the better +/-? You just know other teams like Boston, Philly, NYR will be different in the playoffs. Us?

Oh well, anything can happen I guess :unsure:

Some key players are dealing with low confidence right now, namely Kostitsyn, Pouliot, and Cammy. Bad timing for them, and us, but the huge win is in the bank and the main thing is that they fight through it and come out the other side - hopefully around playoff time ^_^ The goal right now is to make the playoffs. This win furthered that goal. Now let's build on it.

It's more than low confidence. They obviously aren't at their top form following serious injuries.

That 3rd period just resembed so many other games. We have no push-back, we panic in our zone, finally get it out, skate to their blue line, dump it in, go for a line change and start the process all over again. That's our MO for 3rd periods when we have a lead. I can't even stand to look at Martin's face behind the bench anymore.

As long as Martin continues to coach, our slow defence continues to play confused and our "little" forwards play on the peripheral, we will be lucky to win 1 game IF we make the playoffs. Check our GF and GA, who's below us with the better +/-? You just know other teams like Boston, Philly, NYR will be different in the playoffs. Us?

Oh well, anything can happen I guess :unsure:

Har Jaques Martin even been successfull in a playoff before?

It's more than low confidence. They obviously aren't at their top form following serious injuries.

Perhaps. Kostitsyn has too egregious a pattern of inconsistency for me to accept the 'injury' excuse - the real injury is the permanent one between his ears. Pouliot is following a typical pattern of young players, allowing a slump to throw him completely off his game. (In his case, we have grounds for real concern that he may slip back into the self-defeating cycle that afflicted him in Minny, but for now, let's just call it part of the learning curve for young guys). The only one who can really use injuries as an excuse is Cammy.

In any case, if one or two of these guys start to recover their form, a lot of the moaning and bitching in Habsland will begin to recede. This team is better than current form shows.