Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

19 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Was he eligible?   Doesn't turn 18 until January15, 2024.

Decent size for a 17+ yr-old ... 6'3", 184 lbs

He turns 19 in a couple of weeks, I believe.

image.png

I suspect you were looking at Jack Parsons. 😊

That's four kids from Kitchener in the top six! They were expected to be in a rebuilding year but they are on fire early in the season. A great environment for Mesar to be playing in, hopefully they will be able to maintain this pace.

40 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Whew. That's a relief.

Really - I really don’t want him to keep getting instigator and game misconducts. He needs to work on becoming a better all round player, rather than just being an enforcer.

Fowler 2g 33shots Tie; 7-2-1 2.18 0.924%

Tuch 2a, 12pts in 10games

Hutson 1g(8) 4 shots; 11pts in 9games and another fun game to watch him do what he does.

(Celebrini isnt too bad and might look "OK" in a Habs jersey, just poor Jake Evans would have to sell his # to him.)

Tuch is big and solid checker, but he just isnt quick enough skater, it seems. I assume he & Hutson will get offered contracts and see how they do in Laval next spring. 

11 hours ago, DON said:

... Tuch is big and solid checker, but he just isnt quick enough skater, it seems. I assume he & Hutson will get offered contracts and see how they do in Laval next spring. 

Tuch is a senior, so he will either be signed (maybe to an AHl contract initially) or will look elsewhere.

IMO, Hutson will be a question of whether he is physically ready to go pro ... he or the team ***may*** decide he needs another year at BU to focus on building body-mass and strength.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Tuch is a senior, so he will either be signed (maybe to an AHl contract initially) or will look elsewhere.

IMO, Hutson will be a question of whether he is physically ready to go pro ... he or the team ***may*** decide he needs another year at BU to focus on building body-mass and strength.

I would 'guess' odds of him staying in college past the frozen-four are slim (unless he plans on stay full 4 years is no advantage, he is already skating circles around many NCAA opponents) and we will likely see him in a couple AHL games and/or world championships.

Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds at Kitchener Rangers 2:00 pm

Filip Mešár -

Brantford Bulldogs at Peterborough Petes 4:05 pm

Florian Xhekaj -
Owen Beck -

Habs Prospects

5 hours ago, DON said:

I would 'guess' odds of him staying in college past the frozen-four are slim (unless he plans on stay full 4 years is no advantage, he is already skating circles around many NCAA opponents) and we will likely see him in a couple AHL games and/or world championships.

Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds at Kitchener Rangers 2:00 pm

Filip Mešár -

Brantford Bulldogs at Peterborough Petes 4:05 pm

Florian Xhekaj -
Owen Beck -

Habs Prospects

I think that even a single AHL game eliminates his option of returning to school ... world championships would leave that option open ... it won't be a question of "is he good enough" but rather "is he physically capable" of standing up to the pro game ... NCAA allows more time to focus on physical training ***IF*** they decide it is needed.

3 hours ago, DON said:

Beck all over the ice, looking good and matched up vs Xhekaj at centre who also stood out.

So, he couldn't shut down Xhekaj?
Just kidding.

11 hours ago, DON said:

Farrell 1g1a

Trudeau 1g

Roy/Xhekaj 1a

Farrel is playing some great hockey. Good late draft pick by the GM not to be named on this board

8 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Farrel is playing some great hockey. Good late draft pick by the GM not to be named on this board

Just imagine had he fired Lefebvre earlier? The lack of development was one of the previous regime's biggest failures. Lack of prospect graduation isn't solely on scouting and drafting, it's also on development staff, which was also the responsibility of the GM.

I mean seriously, move on. Bergevin is gone. He did some good, did some bad. He's not worth the vitriol he gets, nor is he someone that needs constant defending. Your comment would've been fine without the little dig toward the fanbase that wasn't happy with the previous GM.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, huzer said:

Just imagine had he fired Lefebvre earlier? The lack of development was one of the previous regime's biggest failures. Lack of prospect graduation isn't solely on scouting and drafting, it's also on development staff, which was also the responsibility of the GM.

I mean seriously, move on. Bergevin is gone. He did some good, did some bad. He's not worth the vitriol he gets, nor is he someone that needs constant defending. Your comment would've been fine without the little dig toward the fanbase that wasn't happy with the previous GM.

but farrel IS playing some great hockey, I am happy for him.

As for the veiled comment on the past GM, some other poster used very harsh comments on that past GM on another thread without push back (I avoided it adding to that)? how come I get singled out for some tongue in cheek fun with the topic while others can spew their vile ?

don't know, man. fickle crowd

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

As for the veiled comment on the past GM, some other poster used very harsh comments on that past GM on another thread without push back (I avoided it adding to that)? how come I get singled out for some tongue in cheek fun with the topic while others can spew their vile ?

Agreed, I prefer to move on from MB and would prefer not to talk about him but there are still those here that like to drag his name through the mud.

1 minute ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agreed, I prefer to move on from MB and would prefer not to talk about him but there are still those here that like to drag his name through the mud.

Or defend him.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

It's an intentional jab at users on this site, with the chosen phrasing, that doesn't add to the conversation. Had you simply credited Bergevin by name for potentially selecting a nice late round player, that's much different. Anyway, I don't sit around thinking about how awesome Gauthier was for selecting Gallagher.

You have been a staunch defender of Bergevin, probably moreso than any other user on the site. Instead of perpetuating the dialogue around the former GM, and taking a stab at users on the board, it is ok to credit a player, GM, and development staff for working hard and having success.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

He can be named in this board, but his bad picks out weighed his good ones. Even if he did make a good pick, he usually failed at developing them (List is VERY long), or keeping the good ones (Sergechev).

a GM not only needs to pick the right guy (he who shall not be named failed miserably), and develop those picks (batting close to 0).