Injury news

Commandant

I also heard that Price will be out at least one week! Let's hope that it ain't too serious!

There's no rush to bring McCarron up. Let him play alot of hockey and dominate the AHL for a year or two and then bring him up!

There is absolutely nothing to be gained by bringing McCarron up now, particularly to play on the wing. Let him continue his development in the "A".

I feel bad for Semin. It seemed like he was finally getting it together....

Bournival took part in the optional morning skate today. That's the first time he has skated with teammates and not by himself.

That's good news. I seem to recall seeing a bio on him and if I remember correctly, he doesn't come from a lot of money. Would be nice to see him continue his career. Even if it's as an AHLER.

With the injury bug hitting hard, it's up to the next man up to step in. I think we'll be just fine with Condon (4-5 games, then sit 1) just so long as he doesn't have to go 9 straight again. The real danger could be if one of our top 4 D goes down ( PK, AM, JP,NB) Otherwise, we're deep enough offensively to weather the storm. That's the key to our success thus far, imo....D, Goaltending, and every night somebody new steps up on offense.

Minimum 6 weeks and doesn't require surgery. Wow

Well, that's not great news but hardly the worst case scenario either. It's decision time now, do they stick with Condon/Tokarski or try to upgrade? (Either by getting someone who can start in the interim or someone a bit better than Tokarski?)

In other injury news, Bournival is at full practice today while Mitchell isn't skating yet from his lower body injury. He'll be out a few games yet.

Just the scope on Carey's knee will keep him out at least a month, so yeah 6 weeks isn't out of the ordinary even withoutsurgery

My worry is that this has been going on since the All Star weekend, before the Olympics, which is nearing years ago now, if it's the same knee, then yeah, surgery is ahead.

Well, that's not great news but hardly the worst case scenario either. It's decision time now, do they stick with Condon/Tokarski or try to upgrade? (Either by getting someone who can start in the interim or someone a bit better than Tokarski?)

Anton Khudobin seems like a good target with Gibson up but I have a hard time believing the Habs go with a smallish goaltender.

Other UFA goalies I can see include James Reimer, Cam Talbot, Jhonas Enroth, Al Montoya, Carter Hutton, Peter Budaj who you mentioned.

Just the scope on Carey's knee will keep him out at least a month, so yeah 6 weeks isn't out of the ordinary even withoutsurgery

My worry is that this has been going on since the All Star weekend, before the Olympics, which is nearing years ago now, if it's the same knee, then yeah, surgery is ahead.

This is what I don't get. They all say Price 'wasn't rushed.' But if that's true, then we're being told that his knee just arbitrarily blew out two games after having fully healed. Add that to the fact that, as you say, this is a long-running, recurring issue with Price - and please tell me why I am not supposed to be worried that Price has a fundamental problem that could compromise his career? Can we at least be confident that surgery will fix it for good? (Maybe the issue is that he's been avoiding surgery, trying to 'manage' the knee instead of fixing it once and for all?)

This is what I don't get. They all say Price 'wasn't rushed.' But if that's true, then we're being told that his knee just arbitrarily blew out two games after having fully healed. Add that to the fact that, as you say, this is a long-running, recurring issue with Price - and please tell me why I am not supposed to be worried that Price has a fundamental problem that could compromise his career? Can we at least be confident that surgery will fix it for good? (Maybe the issue is that he's been avoiding surgery, trying to 'manage' the knee instead of fixing it once and for all?)

The original injury was Price stepping on a puck in Edmonton. He had been 100% prior to that. He played his last game fine too, albeit clearly not at 100%. Like we're not talking Price allowing five bad goals and someone finally checking him out. He allowed one PP goal and then we took him out at the second intermission.

If he needed surgery like Markov did, he'd go ahead and get it and try to be back by the playoffs or just return next year 100%. If we're to believe the team is ready to grind Price into the ground, we might as well throw away every bit of respect we have for the team. I do believe he returned early, but I don't think this club is going to play Price into an early retirement.