2012 NHL Entry Draft talk

Commandant

Couldn't agree more. Luckily he was injured this season or he'd be the consensus 1b/2 pick. And it doesn't hurt that Columbus wouldnt/couldnt legitimately/confidently draft another russian forward. This draft would be mega interesting if CBJ got 1st overall.. lmao

ps.

WHAT IF.. the 1st overall was available for Subban, Avstin(other) & a 2nd(plus).

I think the possibility of drafting Yakupov & Galchenyuk is something Bergervin has to strongly consider. And that duo is worth more to the franchise than PK. Imo. Oilers could hopefully land Malcolm as well. That would be best for everyone involved. Beaulieu, Ellis. Bennet, Torp, Patteryn & Tinordi.. plus a deep defensive pool this season and a plethora or 2nd round picks on the horizon. Time to make a move.

If I was Gm, there is no way in hell I'd trade a sure fire stud of a defender for a pick, not even the number one pick, sorry. I think sometimes we forget how impressive this kid has been for the habs already. Would not even think of trading Pk unless the trade involved someone named Malkin coming back the other way, we have been burned trading stud defencemen before (ie, Chelios), hopefully we don't go down that road again.

If I was Gm, there is no way in hell I'd trade a sure fire stud of a defender for a pick, not even the number one pick, sorry. I think sometimes we forget how impressive this kid has been for the habs already. Would not even think of trading Pk unless the trade involved someone named Malkin coming back the other way, we have been burned trading stud defencemen before (ie, Chelios), hopefully we don't go down that road again.

I've been saying that for the past two years. Subban has been very good, regardless of his inconsistency and growing pains. I think if we can get the right coach in, we will find out how great he can be.

Look at Doughty. Had a good rookie year, went on to be in the Olympics, seemingly took a step backward this year, but has been a stud in the playoffs. You don't move a potential #1 Dman who plays 25min unless you are getting a top 3 forward back like a Malkin or Stamkos. Jack Johnson netted Carter, I think Subban can be a much better dman then Johnson.

I've been saying that for the past two years. Subban has been very good, regardless of his inconsistency and growing pains. I think if we can get the right coach in, we will find out how great he can be.

Look at Doughty. Had a good rookie year, went on to be in the Olympics, seemingly took a step backward this year, but has been a stud in the playoffs. You don't move a potential #1 Dman who plays 25min unless you are getting a top 3 forward back like a Malkin or Stamkos. Jack Johnson netted Carter, I think Subban can be a much better dman then Johnson.

That Johnson trade made me happy because I knew the price for Subban would be higher and hopefully decrease the chance of him leaving!!!

Commandant, not sure if you have written about this, but do you think the Habs should bundle their 3rd pick + a 2nd rounder to get Edmonton's 1st OVR? Would we be better off with Yakupov than, lets say, Grigorenko or Galchenyuk and that 2nd rounder? Or is Yakupov not that much of an upgrade on the 3rd selection, considering the pool available early 2nd round?

Commandant, not sure if you have written about this, but do you think the Habs should bundle their 3rd pick + a 2nd rounder to get Edmonton's 1st OVR? Would we be better off with Yakupov than, lets say, Grigorenko or Galchenyuk and that 2nd rounder? Or is Yakupov not that much of an upgrade on the 3rd selection, considering the pool available early 2nd round?

They say Yakupov is most skilled and #1 prospect.

But Galchenyuk was the #1 OHL selection and only trailed Yakupov by 20 points or so when played togeather. So if take Galchenyuk at #3 and add in an early 2nd rounder like Tim Bozon (who was a 30 goal scoring WHL rookie of year canditate).

I would argue it is slightly too high a price to pay, 2 skilled forwards for 1 who really isnt far and away that much better than #3.

Commandant may see different, but seems everytime Timmins mentions his stockpile of 2nd round picks over next 2 years he seems quite excited to add numbers to farm system and restock, for first time in several years with 2nd rounder choices to make; and likely why he interviewed 65 prospects to see what will be available at 32nd-50th and 63rd slots.

I would bet Timmins and Bergevin will make at least 1 swap of pick (s), but not for a high 1st rounder?

Should be very interesting to see in 2 1/2 weeks.

If that is the price..... GET YAKUPOV.... I'd give 3rd overall plus 32 plus say Danny Kristo to get Yakupov

Everyone on here, myself included, seem to have neglected to consider Forsberg as a possible habs pick, but you never know, if he's still there, Timmons might like him a lot too. If Columbus decides to draft a defenseman, might make that third pick a bit harder to choose.

Everyone on here, myself included, seem to have neglected to consider Forsberg as a possible habs pick, but you never know, if he's still there, Timmons might like him a lot too. If Columbus decides to draft a defenseman, might make that third pick a bit harder to choose.

I'd be fine with Forsberg but I just don't think he'll be as good as Yak, Galy or Grig.

I'd be fine with Forsberg but I just don't think he'll be as good as Yak, Galy or Grig.

Agreed, but then again, I'm just going by what I read, as opposed to Timmons, who has actually scouted these guys (or at least his staff has)

Agreed, but then again, I'm just going by what I read, as opposed to Timmons, who has actually scouted these guys (or at least his staff has)

Right now the important thing is for Bergevin to pay attention to what the other teams decide to do. Igor Larionov recently stated that Brian Burke is trying to move up to ensure he acquires either Yakupov, Galyenchuk or attempt to get both. Montreal really shouldn't sit back if there's a possibility of getting one, though Toronto has a pretty big advantage when they can dangle a Luke Schenn in front of Edmonton.

Larionov also says Columbus spent significant time with Yakupov and Grigerenko so the talk that they will shy from drafting a Blue Jacket is just xenophobic North Americans talking out of their asses.

Why make a deal and give up a pick or prospect when we have a very good prospect at 3rd? No one knows who will be the best pick will be for a few years down the road. Our pick we are getting one of grig,gal, yak,murray. I am happy with anyone of those and even forsberg dumba. P.K was a second rd pick would you deal for yakupov? he was picked at 42 we have the 32 pick which could be a great player as well.

• Upvote 1

Right now the important thing is for Bergevin to pay attention to what the other teams decide to do. Igor Larionov recently stated that Brian Burke is trying to move up to ensure he acquires either Yakupov, Galyenchuk or attempt to get both. Montreal really shouldn't sit back if there's a possibility of getting one, though Toronto has a pretty big advantage when they can dangle a Luke Schenn in front of Edmonton.

Larionov also says Columbus spent significant time with Yakupov and Grigerenko so the talk that they will shy from drafting a Blue Jacket is just xenophobic North Americans talking out of their asses.

Except for that everyone says Toronto will move up every single year. :rolleyes: When it comes to Burke, it's all talk, no return.

Why make a deal and give up a pick or prospect when we have a very good prospect at 3rd? No one knows who will be the best pick will be for a few years down the road. Our pick we are getting one of grig,gal, yak,murray. I am happy with anyone of those and even forsberg dumba. P.K was a second rd pick would you deal for yakupov? he was picked at 42 we have the 32 pick which could be a great player as well.

I totally agree and wouldnt bother trading up to #1 at the cost of the #3 + a Subban/Kristo type player.

I could see maybe trading the 32nd/63rd and stuff to try and grab a Gaunce/Collberg or the like if they are still available after 20th pick. But would be happy to just pick at 3-32-50-63 with zero trades.

I also would be quite happy to hear Dumba's name called at #3.

Should be interesting and Bergevin/Timmins have 1000 options to pick from.

They will pick either Galyenchuk or Murray depending on what happens with the two picks above them. Either way i'll be happy.

Moving the 2 2nd rounders to move up and take 1 guy they really like makes sence, like the zTinordi move.

Other than that i expect them to draft alot of players.

Who cares what Toronto or other teams do or pick? If your philosophy is about what other peopel are doing you are in trouble.

They need a top end center with size, they need a dman. Any combination of Weber, Diaz, Campoli, Kaberle just won't cut it if they want to contend.

Don't be so sure about Murray.

I think Yak is first choice, Galchenyuk second, and I think Timmins 3rd choice would be forsberg.

Mine would be Grigs, but I don't think Murray is in the equation here for the Habs anyway.