Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

So what is everyone opinion on Ehrhoff? has 8 year remaining on a 10 year deal @ 4m per cap hit. Money wise starting next season his actual salary is 3m per until the final 2-3 years which is 1 per. I would like to see us make a play for him, afterall TSN reporting we are looking for a defenceman.

Okay, so me and my buddies went for drinks last night and this brainiac of a trade was conceived:

To Carolina:

D - PK Subban

F - Ryan Callaghan

To NY Rangers:

D - Andrej Sekera

F - Danny Briere

F - Tuomo Ruutu

1st round pick, 3rd round pick

To Montreal:

F - Eric Staal

F - Jordan Staal

D - Marc Staal

It sounded good last night but I admit we had a lot of whisky in us. What does the board think?

Okay, so me and my buddies went for drinks last night and this brainiac of a trade was conceived:

To Carolina:

D - PK Subban

F - Ryan Callaghan

To NY Rangers:

D - Joni Pitkanen

F - Danny Briere

F - Tuomo Ruutu

1st round pick, 3rd round pick

To Montreal:

F - Eric Staal

F - Jordan Staal

D - Marc Staal

It sounded good last night but I admit we had a lot of whisky in us. Maybe we should stick to trades like Moen for a 2nd round pick...

No. We lose a better overall defenceman. One of the 2 Staal brother centers would be OK for me, but it would make Plekanec expendable as Galchenyuk is a future top 6 center. So we lose a better defenceman and gain an unneeded center and our 1st round pick. Plus the 2 wingers we get in return only takes away 1 of our 4 midgets.

We need to be looking at relieving ourselves of at least 2 of our sub 5'10 players and imho Gallagher is a must keep.

No. We lose a better overall defenceman. One of the 2 Staal brother centers would be OK for me, but it would make Plekanec expendable as Galchenyuk is a future top 6 center. So we lose a better defenceman and gain an unneeded center and our 1st round pick. Plus the 2 wingers we get in return only takes away 1 of our 4 midgets.

We need to be looking at relieving ourselves of at least 2 of our sub 5'10 players and imho Gallagher is a must keep.

Yeah, another move would be needed by the Habs, maybe ship out Eller? Our C position would be stacked:

Staal

Desharnais

Plekanec

White

When Galchenyuk is ready, then ship out Desharnais. Gionta is gone this off-season. Keep Gallagher and Bournival.

I dont know if he would be available but I really want to see us pick up Jagr.

He fills 2 very important criteria, 6'3'' 240 lb. and he plays right wing. Imagine Douglas Murray size with a lot of skill, not that Jagr plays a remotely similar style.

As he is UFA at end of the season you got to believe the price wont be crazy.

This is what boston gave up for him last year...

Lane MacDermid, Cody Payne and a conditional second-round pick in 2013.

Gionta and a pick for Jagr

I know Geo is our captain but I dont think he is likely to be back next year anyway. He also has a NTC but I could possibly see him wave it to go back to NJ.

I dont know if he would be available but I really want to see us pick up Jagr.

He fills 2 very important criteria, 6'3'' 240 lb. and he plays right wing. Imagine Douglas Murray size with a lot of skill, not that Jagr plays a remotely similar style.

As he is UFA at end of the season you got to believe the price wont be crazy.

This is what boston gave up for him last year...

Lane MacDermid, Cody Payne and a conditional second-round pick in 2013.

Gionta and a pick for Jagr

I know Geo is our captain but I dont think he is likely to be back next year anyway. He also has a NTC but I could possibly see him wave it to go back to NJ.

we should have signed Jagr when we had the chances the last two years. Now Gionta and a pick is not going to be enough, unless that pick is a first. Gionta is a UFA, why would they want him, unless they are going to make the playoffs - which they have a better chance to do with Jagr than Gionta.

I don't like the idea of giving up a 1st, unless it would make us legitimate cup contenders.

Judging from Jagr's comments today, I'm not sure he really wants to be traded.

"I'm 42. I might just want to go home."

He also said any team that wants to acquire him would need to talk to him about first (I presume to try and talk him into it). Given his history with Plekanec, perhaps he'd be amenable to a deal but he doesn't appear to be overly enthused about possibly getting one last playoff run.

https://twitter.com/Ledger_NJDevils/status/439872681610342400

Judging from Jagr's comments today, I'm not sure he really wants to be traded.

He also said any team that wants to acquire him would need to talk to him about first (I presume to try and talk him into it). Given his history with Plekanec, perhaps he'd be amenable to a deal but he doesn't appear to be overly enthused about possibly getting one last playoff run.

https://twitter.com/Ledger_NJDevils/status/439872681610342400

well he has said repeatedly that he would like to play in Montreal. Maybe it could happen, I would love to see if he and pleks could make some magic.

well he has said repeatedly that he would like to play in Montreal. Maybe it could happen, I would love to see if he and pleks could make some magic.

No thanks, if the Devils are giving him away for nothing, then OK, but I wouldn't trade Boullion for him.

The Devils are only three points from a wildcard spot and Lou openly said he wants to make the playoffs. Remember, the Devils have no first round pick. The only way they trade Jagr is if a team is willing to get them one I bet. Otherwise I see them adding a guy or two from the West like Hemsky or Stempniak. I also see them as a team that's going to go hard for Kesler. I think the Devils would be smarter to dangle Michael Ryder out there. If the Penguins lose out on guys like Gaborik and Vanek you can be damn sure they'd be happy to throw a pick and prospect to put Ryder up there with Crosby.

No thanks, if the Devils are giving him away for nothing, then OK, but I wouldn't trade Boullion for him.

Oh come on you would so. At least I would. Boullion is finished Jagr will go home after this year. Cube should have gone home last year.

Seriously??? Hell, I'd try for a do over, Briere for Jagr. I'd through in a slug like Bouillon and a 3rd rounder.

Oh come on you would so. At least I would. Boullion is finished Jagr will go home after this year. Cube should have gone home last year.

No, I wouldn't touch Jagr with 10 foot pole.

Maybe he would be fine pick-up, but I just hope he isn't in a Hab jersey on Thursday.

How anyone can NOT want to see Jagr in a Habs jersey baffles me. All-time great player...yeah, we don't wanna see that on our team. :rolleyes:

Now admittedly, I'm not saying we should give up much for him. Bouillon would be about right.

I would love to see him in a Hab jersey for a playoff run, he has a lot of what we need, and it wouldn't hurt our young guys a bit to learn a thing or two from what he says and does, long as he comes cheap, there is no down side.

How anyone can NOT want to see Jagr in a Habs jersey baffles me. All-time great player...yeah, we don't wanna see that on our team. :rolleyes:

Now admittedly, I'm not saying we should give up much for him. Bouillon would be about right.

If you don't give up a first round pick, chances are the Devils just keep him and make a run for the playoffs.

Oh, I agree, and I do NOT think we should surrender any significant assets for Jagr as a rental. All I'm saying is it'd be great to see #68 in the CH. Of course this reinforces the sheer stupidity of MB's apparent disinterest in him during the off-season, but that milk has already spilled.

No, I wouldn't touch Jagr with 10 foot pole.

Maybe he would be fine pick-up, but I just hope he isn't in a Hab jersey on Thursday.

Don mostly I can see where you are coming from (and I duck :) joke) but on this one you are wrong, why wouldn't we want him for a little run ? If we could get him for boullion it would be stupid not to. Excuse the stupid.

Don mostly I can see where you are coming from (and I duck :) joke) but on this one you are wrong, why wouldn't we want him for a little run ? If we could get him for boullion it would be stupid not to. Excuse the stupid.

Sorry to toss Boullion in, how bout standard bag of pucks and I may be way off-base, but are certain players I got no use for, Heatly-Jagr-Cammalleri are 3 of em.

Don't care if wrong and don't disagree I am wrong, but why do I also tend to bet on underdogs? Not smart but what can I say.

Sorry to toss Boullion in, how bout standard bag of pucks and I may be way off-base, but are certain players I got no use for, Heatly-Jagr-Cammalleri are 3 of em.

Don't care if wrong and don't disagree I am wrong, but why do I also tend to bet on underdogs? Not smart but what can I say.

OK then we agree cause Bouillion is equivelent to a bag of pucks. And a used dirty pair of shorts

OK then we agree cause Bouillion is equivelent to a bag of pucks. And a used dirty pair of shorts

Dont like crapping on Frankie, as i always liked his effort and grit, but Habs have better options.