Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Leafs are interested in Thomas and mb. I would offer them this in a trade.

To leafs

Mb+thomas+3 round pick

To habs

Polak+komarov

then we trade eller+emelin+andrighetto + 2nd round to Edmonton for yakupov+petry.

The Habs wouldn't be able to fit Polak and Komarov on the cap beyond this season without sending some sort of money the other way. Also, it would cost that much for one of those two let alone both.

The second deal (which would have freed up the money for the first) will never happen as Alexei Emelin is not waiving his NTC to go to Edmonton.

Prust is our Komarov. The over priced third liner that is okay to overpay because he does his job perfectly. Having two Prust's on the same team is when you get into, "You're spending too much money on your bottom six" territory like the Bruins deal with in Chris Kelly, Loui Eriksson and Greg Campbell.

Not that Leaf/Habs trades are impossible but the price/risk is so high when it's such a close division rival. If I was making any deal I'd try to do:

To Montreal

Joffrey Lupul

To Toronto

Alexei Emelin (if he waives)

Christian Thomas

1st Round Pick 2015

or

To Toronto

Lars Eller

Christian Thomas

2nd Round Pick 2016

Does anyone know if eller and emelin no trade kicks in right away our is there a window in which we can trade them before it kicks in.

Just so you know, that info can be found in the CBA FAQ thread in the first post. Emelin has a full NTC this year and next (there's also no window) before it becomes a limited NTC. Eller's too young for no-trade protection and doesn't have one at any point in his contract.

Emelin, Eller, Bournival (or with tears Thomas), 1st & 3rd round pick for Phil the Thrill. He says that he was mad because he always wanted to play for Canadiens. Bergevin calls for Tinordi and we win Stanley Cup. 25th Stanley Cup.

The Habs have four people at FLA/TOR tonight - Bergevin, Carriere, Dudley, and Gibson (a pro scout). Speculate accordingly if you'd like. Bergenheim is soon to be moved from the Panthers but he's a healthy scratch meaning there's no need to have four people to scout him.

Montreal also has someone at CAR/NYI and DAL/STL tonight. The Habs and Stars are following each other a lot lately and Dallas had someone in Hamilton yesterday.

• Upvote 1

MB will make a move at the deadline, most likely depth. But the young players like JDR is proving to add an element to the pieces being placed.

Rumuors here out WEST in EDMONTON is that Oilers are willing to trade Jordan Eberle.

But they want a big C all round player. A solid prospect, a first rounder. and a goalie prospect.

Eberle, isnt physical and weakest part of his game he plays small and isnt the greatest skater. He does have that lethal shot, and needs to be with a responsible C defensively ( Plek, or Eller...)

Perhaps: MTL gets EBERLE

but would have to give up:

--- ELLER

--- TINORDI

--- FUCALE

--- and a FIRST

Oilers throwback J. PETRY?

Not a fan of PETRY, just like Gilbert was always limited in Edmonton as we see now in MTL.( Gilbert always got beat to the outside, and is slow in turning- STILL BAFFLED HOW THE MTL SCOUTS DIDNT REPORT THIS TO MB: Major FAIL)!!!

I would prefer to give OILERs DD at C than ELLER..but Oilers want an ELLER type C.

Curious to see how this will end up.

DONT NEED VERMETTE or others being mentioned

In my opinion that would be too much for EBERLE,. Matter how much one values TINORDI and really how realistic will Fucale ever play in MTL.

Giving up Eller , well I prefer to give up DD. But the play of JDR may allow this to happen. JDR offense will always be limited. But ELLER offense potential may never be realized either.

Don't know Vermette's play never noticed him before, so don't feel strong one way or other.

Eberle I always liked and if took an Eller, Tinordi and 1st? Hmmm.

I think he would do well in HabLand.

Someone mentioned trading big assets for Lupol; hope was just a sickjoke proposal? :blush:

Yeah that is way too much for Eberle. Maybe something like Eller, Fucale and a prospect would make sense for both sides.

I'm starting to have visions of Lupul wearing the bleu, blanc et rouge for some reason. How about Parenteau, Thomas and a pick to get er done

I'm starting to have visions of Lupul wearing the bleu, blanc et rouge for some reason. How about Parenteau, Thomas and a pick to get er done

Lupul's hurt at the moment so I don't think the Habs' contingent is there to see him. I'm not saying that they wouldn't have interest (they reportedly did in the offseason) but I don't think he's the one they're working on right now.

Would Bergevin have any interest in Sekera of Carolina, or would he be OK for a rental top 4 d?

A lot of teams are going to want him. I imagine Bergevin has inquired too. The problem is the price for him is probably going to be in the area of what Franson got. Carolina could add Tlusty to create that similar D + F package to try to get a late 1st. I don't think Montreal would do that.

Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts had some notes on the Habs. Basically, Jagr isn't a good fit based on speed (Bergevin likes pace), Torrey Mitchell could be a name to watch, plus comments on Eller and Sekac.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-nhl-trade-deadline-2015-rumours/

Mitchell, by the way, is a pending UFA that could fill the 4th line C role if they look to upgrade on Malhotra.

Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts had some notes on the Habs. Basically, Jagr isn't a good fit based on speed (Bergevin likes pace), Torrey Mitchell could be a name to watch, plus comments on Eller and Sekac.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-nhl-trade-deadline-2015-rumours/

Mitchell, by the way, is a pending UFA that could fill the 4th line C role if they look to upgrade on Malhotra.

Worth to note that Mitchell is from Montreal suburbs too.

I think Winnick from Tor, and Phil the pill could both be on Bergevin's radar.

I just can't see Bergevin giving up a first for anyone less than sensational.

On Fla, I can see Derek Mackenzie, Scotty Upshall and Brad Boyes as targets for Mtl, it's not like the Habs are stacked at wing.

I really don't want Eller traded...

Torrey Mitchell? ok. Stewart too while you're at it MB. Stewart is not a Rene Bourque, Stewart can still throw down big time...

Eberle at huge cost, no thanks, deals on Smurfs aren't deals.

That's all I got.

Stewart can fight, but fights don't factor into playoffs, so might be of little use if that is his best skill.

Eberle only averages 64pts/season for 5 years (on quite a weak team) and is 24 ...yaa who needs a player like that. :bonk:

Stewart can fight, but fights don't factor into playoffs, so might be of little use if that is his best skill.

Eberle only averages 64pts/season for 5 years (on quite a weak team) and is 24 ...yaa who needs a player like that. :bonk:

quote]

Yeah, forget about the cost of something like Beaulieu, a 1st, Fucale and another prospect to get Eberle, let's sell the farm for another smurf.

Stewart has great speed and can put the puck in the net, as well as a big hitter, and can protect team mates, playoffs or whenever. Nope, We need more smurfs at a huge cost that will shrink in the playoff style hockey, and set us back a few drafts as an organization...

Glad you are not the GM of the Montreal Canadiens

How 'bout Dalton Prout?

Wouldn't Lucichicken be upset if he were a Hab?

Wouldn't Prust feel the backup?

Wouldn't Price like to see him in front of himself?

Yes to all questions?

Guest Stogey24

I think Winnick from Tor, and Phil the pill could both be on Bergevin's radar.I just can't see Bergevin giving up a first for anyone less than sensational.On Fla, I can see Derek Mackenzie, Scotty Upshall and Brad Boyes as targets for Mtl, it's not like the Habs are stacked at wing.I really don't want Eller traded...Torrey Mitchell? ok. Stewart too while you're at it MB. Stewart is not a Rene Bourque, Stewart can still throw down big time...Eberle at huge cost, no thanks, deals on Smurfs aren't deals.That's all I got.

I like or I guess liked Eller too, but its not just a game here and there where he makes a play where you just shake your head, its nightly. I loved Eller from the beginning, but for me the love is gone and I'd be trying to move him