Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

It seems likely that Parenteau won't be back next year. I don't see them going the buyout route though. So, where could he go? I think the Islanders, a team where he has had success, could be a possibility.

To NYI: P-A Parenteau (1 year left, $4 M salary/cap hit, pending UFA)

To MTL: Michael Grabner (1 year left, $5 M salary, $3 M cap hit, pending UFA)

Why for NYI? They've been searching for a second winger to play with Tavares and Okposo ever since Parenteau left. If he has a shot at still being a top six forward, it's probably there. Also, they save $1 M in salary and for a budget team, that's important.

Why for MTL? As much as they'd like to get another top six forward in return, doing so would require them taking on a bigger ticket contract. That may not be the most ideal thing to do. Grabner, though a bottom six guy, fits in well as a speedster with some size and could make a better impact from the bottom six than Parenteau (who likely would be down there before long again next year). They take on more money but get the benefit of saving $1 M in cap space.

Both players seem to be perceived as guys with no value or negative value. I think a change of scenery for these two would probably be beneficial for both teams.

I like it. I've seen enough of PAP. Eller and Grabner could work, provided Therrien doesn't saddle them with Prust. Which he will.

Guest Stogey24

grabner? ya lets move sideways instead of forward shall we... no thanks!!!!

Exactly. Grabner is also a huge bandaid and found himself ridding the pine more than once with Isles.

You cant get worse than a boat anchor like Paranteau and you save $1m on the cap, what do you disagree with? Not getting a 1st pick and Sharp for him?

In my view, Parenteau's basic problem is that he can't keep up with his teammates. (He might actually click with players like the Sedins, who don't rely on superfast transition so much as cycling and shifty lateral play). Grabner is very fast and therefore would, in principle, be a much better fit in terms of on-ice chemistry. Either way we're on the hook for a sizeable contract for one year, so I'd make the trade.

Most of the habs problems with scoring is simple, too many perimeter players, too many soft players and too many pass first guys. Watching the PAP DD and Gally line, all I could think was, who is going to shoot the puck. they all like to old they puck.

Until they tart getting some power forwards and centers, scoring with this bunch will be a problem.

PAP, DD, Pleks, Galchenyuk all do the same things and vanish when the going gets tough.

The habs need to move a few of them

Draisaitl & 5th 2015 & 7th 2016

Eller Tinordi Reway Fucale 1st 2015 & 2nd 2016

None of these trades that involve more than three or four pieces happen. The last trade to involve more than that was the Tyler Seguin trade, a trade that comes around once every ten years.

No team is going to propose a nine piece trade around an unproven prospect in juniors, maybe Eric Lindros, that's it.

is he really that good?

Exactly.

None of these trades that involve more than three or four pieces happen. The last trade to involve more than that was the Tyler Seguin trade, a trade that comes around once every ten years.

No team is going to propose a nine piece trade around an unproven prospect in juniors, maybe Eric Lindros, that's it.

See.

He is EXACTLY what the Habs need. It can happen. Even in a different variation of players. Edmonton lack's prospects like Fucale & Tinordi while having a glutton of offensive studs. Ya never know!

Draisaitl is a stud. Great release, passing big body, great skater. Looks like a Malkin meets Galchenyuk. Faceoff's need work.

Habs are best off Keeping Plek & Eller 2-3C. Accepting that Galchenyuk is a great 2LW and improving on Desharnais. Dump PAP and sign a UFA RW. They won't get over the hump until then. Keeping Petry aboard is key to taking that next step. Don't F with chemistry. Another UFA D may not blend or compliment the team as much, yet cost a similar cap hit in the end.

Exactly.

See.

He is EXACTLY what the Habs need. It can happen. Even in a different variation of players. Edmonton lack's prospects like Fucale & Tinordi while having a glutton of offensive studs. Ya never know!

Draisaitl is a stud. Great release, passing big body, great skater. Looks like a Malkin meets Galchenyuk. Faceoff's need work.

Habs are best off Keeping Plek & Eller 2-3C. Accepting that Galchenyuk is a great 2LW and improving on Desharnais. Dump PAP and sign a UFA RW. They won't get over the hump until then. Keeping Petry aboard is key to taking that next step. Don't F with chemistry. Another UFA D may not blend or compliment the team as much, yet cost a similar cap hit in the end.

Two goals in 37 games isn't exactly what the Habs need. Seems to me that they have plenty of guys who get 3-5 goals a year.

Draisaitl is 2-4 years away. The Habs need someone for now.

Draisaitl & 6th 2015 & 7th 2016

i would argue reway is better right now... and on top of that you wanna throw in a legit 3rd line C in the league (eller), another 1st round 6'6" D man on the cusp of finally getting it and cracking the line up and a 2nd rounder..... and a highly touted goalie prospect playing for his 2nd memorial cup in a very very short junior career?

glad your not our GM or we would have our cupboards bare in no time...

Draisaitl for tinordi straight up? would probably be the most logical play here

i would argue reway is better right now... and on top of that you wanna throw in a legit 3rd line C in the league (eller), another 1st round 6'6" D man on the cusp of finally getting it and cracking the line up and a 2nd rounder..... and a highly touted goalie prospect playing for his 2nd memorial cup in a very very short junior career?

I'm not exactly agreeing with Nihilz on this one but it would take way more than just Tinordi. start with the 1st this year and then add whatever you can get away with. But a guy like Draisaitl is not going to just fall in your lap for nothing.

• Upvote 2

Draisaitl & 6th 2015 & 7th 2016

So not only are you giving up FOUR!!! players for 1 you want to give them a first and second picks for a 6th and 7th????!!!!

So we give up, arguably,our best D prospect,our 3rd line center, our best goalie prospect and a decent forward prospect for ONE prospect? Whatever you are smoking, I want some. Please?

That is Draisaitl you named in your post, not Gretzky.

Even Reggie Houle--the most incompetent Montreal GM of the modern era-- who traded Roy for almost nothing, would not make that trade

• Upvote 1

This is more than what I'd be willing to give up, but to get draisaitl, you would probably have to give up at least eller+fucale+dmam(oilers would probably want Tinordi or Beaulieu, I'd try emelin)+1st pick

I think Draisaitl is probably going to be better than Galchenyuk (looks to be more complete player like ROR). Galchenyuk may be more skilled, but, draisaitl is a much more complete player.

What eould you want for Galchenyuk? How many players did it take to get Seguin? Only times a young player with this much potential gets moved is if you have an idiot GM like macphee (Forsburg trade), or milbury, or you pay a lot for him.

Frankly, oilers are going to be pushing to make the playoffs and need to fill holes, I'd try to get both draisaitl and yakapov to fill holes at centre and wing.

Pleks+emelin+Fucale+hudon+Prust+1st+2nd 2016

for yakapov+draisaitl

Given Chiarelli has seen a lot of pleks and emelin he may bite (if I was Edmonton I wouldn't do this deal, since pleks has one more year left and Prust is over paid), but they will be desperate to make the playoffs and are deep at centre with Macdavid and NGH, but need someone like Pleks and given that Chiarlleli has seen pleks a lot and had Bergeron in Boston, he may bite knowing the value of a shutdown centre.

I actually think they will try and move RNH for a top pairing dman instead.

So not only are you giving up FOUR!!! players for 1 you want to give them a first and second picks for a 6th and 7th????!!!!

So we give up, arguably,our best D prospect,our 3rd line center, our best goalie prospect and a decent forward prospect for ONE prospect? Whatever you are smoking, I want some. Please?

Even Reggie Houle--the most incompetent Montreal GM of the modern era-- who traded Roy for almost nothing, would not make that trade

Given Chiarelli has seen a lot of pleks, emelin and emelin he may bite (if I was Edmonton I wouldn't do this deal, since pleks has one more year left and Prust us over paid), but they will be desperate to make the playoffs and are deep at centre with Macdavid and NGH, but need someone like Pleks and given that Chiarlleli has seen pleks a lot and had Bergeron in Boston, he may bite knowing the value of a shutdown centre.

Not only would he have to convince Plekanec and Emelin to waive their no trade clauses, he'd also have to convince Plekanec to sign an extension soon after so the trade isn't a complete bust when Plekanec just walks in a year. Far too many variables.

Semantic, gentlemen.

Both the needs and pieces are there. Essentially the Habs could lose all said players in my initial proposal and still be a more competitive and complete team afterwards. You could interchange Reway with Lehkonen or Andrighetto or Thomas if that makes it more acceptable. Or Tinordi for Pateryn or Thrower or Dietz. The variations can change. Its the concept that is fundamental.

This is more than what I'd be willing to give up, but to get draisaitl, you would probably have to give up at least eller+fucale+dmam(oilers would probably want Tinordi or Beaulieu, I'd try emelin)+1st pick

I think Draisaitl is probably going to be better than Galchenyuk (looks to be more complete player like ROR). Galchenyuk may be more skilled, but, draisaitl is a much more complete player.

What eould you want for Galchenyuk? How many players did it take to get Seguin? Only times a young player with this much potential gets moved is if you have an idiot GM like macphee (Forsburg trade), or milbury, or you pay a lot for him.

Frankly, oilers are going to be pushing to make the playoffs and need to fill holes, I'd try to get both draisaitl and yakapov to fill holes at centre and wing.

Pleks+emelin+Fucale+hudon+Prust+1st+2nd 2016

for yakapov+draisaitl

Given Chiarelli has seen a lot of pleks and emelin he may bite (if I was Edmonton I wouldn't do this deal, since pleks has one more year left and Prust is over paid), but they will be desperate to make the playoffs and are deep at centre with Macdavid and NGH, but need someone like Pleks and given that Chiarlleli has seen pleks a lot and had Bergeron in Boston, he may bite knowing the value of a shutdown centre.

I actually think they will try and move RNH for a top pairing dman instead.

I can't see them moving RNH before allowing McLellan a good long adjustment period with him.

Im sure there are some Habs that Chiarelli covets.

Imo they have to keep Plek & Eller and improve on DD. Period.

Stay away from Yak but I'd double up for Draisaitl & Eberle!!!

I donno what everyone is afraid of!? Timmins. Trevor Timmins. :ph34r:

Maybe if you offer Fucale, Scherbak and Beaulieu, you might pry the german kid from Oil.

But other than fantasy, Bergevin is unlikely wanting to add a ultra high priced rookie centre. Maybe for a Backes/Hopkins/Eberle he might be tempted to mortgage future.

I wonder what would it cost to get a Sean Couturier from Philly?

He would likely be a smarter kid to go after vs a Yakupov/Draistle, but no doubt Philly has zero interest in parting with him.

I wonder what would it cost to get a Sean Couturier from Philly?

He would likely be a smarter kid to go after vs a Yakupov/Draistle, but no doubt Philly has zero interest in parting with him.

Giroux, Simmonds and Couturier are three guys I don't see them ever trading unless one of them asks for a trade.

Even after posting his best numbers, I don't see them very high on Brayden Schenn though. If a young Flyer is available in hopes of getting a young defenceman back it's Schenn. That said, Flyers still remember the burn from the JVR for Luke Schenn deal and so I don't see them taking anything other than a player who has already proved something.

The JVR for Schenn deal was stupid at the time, even without the benefit of hindsight. I can't believe the flyers traded JVR for essentially the equivalent of bad komisaeik, or odelin.

Giroux, Simmonds and Couturier are three guys I don't see them ever trading unless one of them asks for a trade.

Even after posting his best numbers, I don't see them very high on Brayden Schenn though. If a young Flyer is available in hopes of getting a young defenceman back it's Schenn. That said, Flyers still remember the burn from the JVR for Luke Schenn deal and so I don't see them taking anything other than a player who has already proved something.