Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Sorry in my old age my reading has gone to shite.

actually I read Sharp but was thinking Kane for some unknown reason. Probably mad cow disease. I agree that at this stage of his career Sharp has got 1 or 2 years and then the decline.

Oilers need NHL d-men and goalie and have lots picks, but don't really need more prospects (other than McDavid of course); would Beaulieu & 26th pick to Oil; for 16th and 33rd be a equal swap?

Or is Beaulieu more valuable than that to Habs?

Oilers need NHL d-men and goalie and have lots picks, but don't really need more prospects (other than McDavid of course); would Beaulieu & 26th pick to Oil; for 16th and 33rd be a equal swap?

I think Beaulieu is more valuable. If we were going to trade him, I'd be after Yakapov or Drasaitl over picks.

Guest Stogey24

Why would you trade Beaulieu when we just saw the struggles Markov had getting through the playoffs?

Edmonton likely will give up picks quickly for a roster d-man and Beaulieu by himself wont get you Eberle or any forward and you cant simply add add picks with Beaulieu to deal with Oil., they don't need them.

Maybe Eller & Beaulieu or Gallagher & Beaulieu would do it, but Oilers don't need Eller and I cant see parting with Gallagher.

Is a bit of sideways move, Beaulieu may become a 20+minute d-man, but is June and draft is upcoming. And will pick 26 or trade up/down, so just spitballing

Edmonton likely will give up picks quickly for a roster d-man and Beaulieu by himself wont get you Eberle or any forward and you cant simply add add picks with Beaulieu to deal with Oil., they don't need them.

Maybe Eller & Beaulieu or Gallagher & Beaulieu would do it, but Oilers don't need Eller and I cant see parting with Gallagher.

Is a bit of sideways move, Beaulieu may become a 20+minute d-man, but is June and draft is upcoming. And will pick 26 or trade up/down, so just spitballing

EDM may be one of the few teams interested in a guy like Prust. Prust+Eller or Prust+Pleks and a prospect for one of the oilers prospects is what i'd prefer over picks. We need someone who can contribute next year, not 2 or 3 years from now.

Oil want/need d-men and a goalie.

Plekanec cant be replaced for $5m/yr and Oil don't want any more prospects.

I think would want a Beaulieu, Emelin, Gilbert, or maybe Tinordi/Pateryn has value?

I disagree. Edmonton media was crying over the lack of an experienced veteran centre. They won't want to bring mcdavid in with the same gaps. I think Chiarelli will bring in an experienced 2 way centre and a character depth player in addition to help in goal and defense.

We have the pieces in the 2 way centre, depth player and a goalie prospect.if need be, we also have Emelin (who would probably refuse trade), Gilbert (who they probably don't want back), and pateryn. I think we can make a quantity (plug multiple holes they have), for quality type of deal. Much like the seguin and Thornton deals.

Oil want/need d-men and a goalie.

Plekanec cant be replaced for $5m/yr and Oil don't want any more prospects.

I think would want a Beaulieu, Emelin, Gilbert, or maybe Tinordi/Pateryn has value?

It's not terrible value but I think the Habs would pass. I could see them arguing he'd be worth the 16th pick straight up (which Edmonton would likely disagree with) which makes the 26/33 swap a negative from Montreal's end.

I'm also not sure Beaulieu would be someone the Oilers would want. They need established blueliners and Beaulieu is far from that (3/4 of one year as a third pairing D). Edmonton has their own collection of young d-men who have had a similar development path as Beaulieu.

It's not terrible value but I think the Habs would pass. I could see them arguing he'd be worth the 16th pick straight up (which Edmonton would likely disagree with) which makes the 26/33 swap a negative from Montreal's end.

I'm also not sure Beaulieu would be someone the Oilers would want. They need established blueliners and Beaulieu is far from that (3/4 of one year as a third pairing D). Edmonton has their own collection of young d-men who have had a similar development path as Beaulieu.

Yes is a bit lame suggestion, Beaulieu may work out as good as a 16th pick as it is and could be on verge of actually showing a bit of offense and maturity (we hope anyways)? But an Emelin I doubt would agree to go to Oilers and he seems more like what they may look for from teams at draft or July 1st. Likely hit up cap strapped team as Isles did with Boston.

Hmm what about Staal & Staal in a trade involving 2 of Eller, Plek & DD.. picks and prospect and such.

Stalls cost $14.25m/yr, which is bit more than $8.5 for Plekanec & Desharnais.

Or put it another way, last year;

Stalls- 5.4points/$million

Habs duo- 12.7points/$million

Maybe Eric & pick for Plekanec makes more sense, if Plekanec willing to waive no trade clause for Carolina (doubtful).

MTL-$kinner, $emin (3 mil retained)

CAR-Emelin, 1st

why would anyone want a basket case like Semin??? even with the salary retained, he isn't worth $4M we'd be paying him.

Guest Stogey24

MTL-$kinner, $emin (3 mil retained)

CAR-Emelin, 1st

I'd honestly be waiting to see if Semin gets bought out. 4mill is still a lot, but I'm not against him at all.

Guest Stogey24

He's worth a shot. If he gets bought out, no one besides the loser franchises will offer him more than a 2 year deal.

.80 point per game in his career, obviously that doesn't mean much if he on a downward slide, but i think he's still a justifiable top 6 RW.

.80 point per game in his career, obviously that doesn't mean much if he on a downward slide, but i think he's still a justifiable top 6 RW.

What's his PPG the last two years?