Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Yzerman is a savvy g.m. Drouin definitely won't be given away

Hopefully GMs are patient: Drouin clearly doesn't fit in with their system/this coach, isn't happy, and they will eventually have to drop their asking price.

More like a Gallagher or Beaulieu a 1st and 2nd.

I hope that was an ironic suggestion. More like Eller, Emelin and a 1st. My trade is also wildly implausible and over values the wrong player(s) but at least mine favours the Habs.Drouin has potential but, excepting anomalies like Lindros, potential does not often yield valuable NHL elers like Gallagher

More like a Gallagher or Beaulieu a 1st and 2nd.

OK so those are 2 guys I am not giving them. Maybe Beaulieu, but Gallagher not a forking chance in hell. They can't have Patches, Galchenyuk, PK, Gallagher, Price. Any one else is available. I would give them Pleks in a heart beat. Markov and a pick. Anybody but not our top five.

I hope GMs keep their heads about this...Drouin has 40 points in 89 games on a very high scoring team over two seasons , and 0 points in 6 playoff games. Not a guy you sell the farm for, so to speak; if I'm MB, I only pay a premium for a scorer who also has some size to go with those hands...not a guy like Drouin. (Yeah, I know...we're not ever gonna have Ovi...but a guy can dream)

Hopefully GMs are patient: Drouin clearly doesn't fit in with their system/this coach, isn't happy, and they will eventually have to drop their asking price.

They don't have to drop their asking price at all if they don't want to. He's under contract for next year already so it's not like they have to move him before he becomes a free agent or anything like that.

They don't have to drop their asking price at all if they don't want to. He's under contract for next year already so it's not like they have to move him before he becomes a free agent or anything like that.

True, but the longer they hold onto a disgruntled player, you have to figure it's going to hurt his value more and more as things drag on. Especially if he starts going through the motions even in the AHL to display his displeasure.

True, but the longer they hold onto a disgruntled player, you have to figure it's going to hurt his value more and more as things drag on. Especially if he starts going through the motions even in the AHL to display his displeasure.

Only 20 years old, Barberio was quoted as saying he's always had a great attitude and was team first. If they made this request in November, I'm betting Yzerman waits until the summer to figure out what happens with Stamkos.

for all the issues he's had with Cooper, Drouin has 40 points in 89 games, in very limited ice time. Kid has offensive skills and is still very young.

My take is that Cooper is partial to the guys who played for him in Norfolk.

I know from overhearing a conversation at the Verizon Center in Manchester between Steve Yzerman and Julien BriesBois that Yzerman is dismissive towards small players. (Convo was about Cory Conacher in 2011).

If he wants to pout and sulk, it'll only be to his own detriment. Yzerman is under no obligation whatsoever to trade Drouin. Honestly, I'm rooting for him to stay put, I don't want to see a precedent being set that a 20 year old with barely one NHL season under his belt can ask for a trade because he's not playing as much as he thinks he should.

If Drouin were smart, he'd go to the minors and light it up instead of going through the motions. That either helps facilitate a trade quicker or gets him back up and playing big minutes in Tampa quicker. Win win either way for him.

I hope GMs keep their heads about this...Drouin has 40 points in 89 games on a very high scoring team over two seasons , and 0 points in 6 playoff games. Not a guy you sell the farm for, so to speak; if I'm MB, I only pay a premium for a scorer who also has some size to go with those hands...not a guy like Drouin. (Yeah, I know...we're not ever gonna have Ovi...but a guy can dream)

For his age... 40 points in 89 games is great. Especially given that he's never been given top minutes.

So would you part with a quality asset(s) for Drouin.

What would be needed? Beaulieu, Gallagher, McCarron, other than that cant see Yzerman answering Bergy's call, when other GMs of non-contending teams looking down the road, not in the same division, likely have more attractive 'stuff' to part with?

Not sure what would be needed to get Drouin. Possible comparable trades could be Turris to Ottawa for Rundblad and a 2nd, or Nieddereiter to Minnesota for Clutterbuck and a 3rd.

Not sure what would be needed to get Drouin. Possible comparable trades could be Turris to Ottawa for Rundblad and a 2nd, or Nieddereiter to Minnesota for Clutterbuck and a 3rd.

While those are comparable in terms of where Turris/Niederreiter were picked, I expect a return for Drouin - if they move him and I don't think that's a guarantee despite the request going public - will be higher than that.

If they were to move him now (ie, between now and the deadline), my guess would be that the key piece coming back would be a player that is young but can help now. If they wait until the summer, I suspect they'd still like the young 'help now' player but they'd be more receptive to a deal that would see futures (a 1st rounder plus a prospect) going their way.

I believe they will hold onto him until the summer and get the Stamkos situation understood. If Stamkos walks, Drouin gets promised top six minutes.

I got an idea, lets get them both. Oh I am a greedy fork.

What would be needed? Beaulieu, Gallagher, McCarron, other than that cant see Yzerman answering Bergy's call, when other GMs of non-contending teams looking down the road, not in the same division, likely have more attractive 'stuff' to part with?

You take that Gallagher thingy out. RIGHT NOW. we will have none of that talk. :flaming::)

1st rounder

Plus one of McCarron/Juulsen/Scherbak

Plus Lars Eller or Alexei Emelin (cap purposes, drouin might be an ELC but he has lots of bonuses)

Thats more than the Turris/Neiderreiter deals.

1st rounder

Plus Lars Eller or Alexei Emelin (cap purposes, drouin might be an ELC but he has lots of bonuses)

well that looks reasonable to me.

1st rounder

The cap filler isn't really needed as most of those bonuses aren't going to be hit. The 4 x $212,500 ones are really all that they'd need to be concerned with (and he didn't even hit any of those last year and isn't on pace to this season either). Besides, Tampa is already into LTIR so they can't take back a bigger contract than Drouin's base salary if it's a straight up deal (bonuses are effectively added into the final spending after the season; any team in LTIR that has bonuses gets dinged with the overage the following year).

The cap filler isn't really needed as most of those bonuses aren't going to be hit. The 4 x $212,500 ones are really all that they'd need to be concerned with (and he didn't even hit any of those last year and isn't on pace to this season either). Besides, Tampa is already into LTIR so they can't take back a bigger contract than Drouin's base salary if it's a straight up deal (bonuses are effectively added into the final spending after the season; any team in LTIR that has bonuses gets dinged with the overage the following year).

Fine give them a Reway or something as a throw in and trade Eller elsewhere in a subsequent move to bolster the team.