Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I wouldn't doubt Roy and the Avs have called Yzerman about Drouin by now, McKinnon and Drouin could be lethal in their top 6...

Considering Colorado has a ton of offence and an awful defence...this seems exactly like something that Roy would do.

Ya, that guy who will likely be a playoff standout again this spring.

Or he could be John Druce... one good playoff and nada to follow.

He wasn't very good in the 2011 or 2015 playoffs.... all of 2 points in 7 games one year... and 3 points in 12 last year.

Hahaha, could you even say one thing positive about poor Lars, or once on your shitelist that is it, that player is a turd forever.

"If the facts don't fit the theory, then change the facts." A.E.

(or "Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable." Twain)

Hahaha, could you even say one thing positive about poor Lars, or once on your shitelist that is it, that player is a turd forever.

"If the facts don't fit the theory, then change the facts." A.E.

If he scores the cup winning goal... i'll change my tune.

The fact is that Eller is a mediocre offensive player. The end.

I certainly wouldn't argue that, but he does have his good points. I find that when the other team has a strong game plan and slows down the habs, Larry is one of the few players on the team capable of carrying the puck out of the d zone into the o zone and establishing a cycle. I would argue that he is one of two. Him and PK. Not worth 3 million, but not garbage either.

Eller is a good bottom six player used and thought of as more. He's paid to bring more and does not. He's constantly used this year like an offensive scorer and he doesn't have the ability. He had one good season and one good playoff. That playoff performance was aligned with Rene Bourque but because of his age we had no patience with him. With Eller we continue to put him with Galchenyuk and then wonder why Chuck isn't a bigger star than he is.

Him and Desharnais need to go so their cap space can be better spent.

I doubt would be hard to find a team wanting Eller, but would be harder to find a $3.5m player to get back who would be acceptable to Bergevin.

I doubt would be hard to find a team wanting Eller, but would be harder to find a $3.5m player to get back who would be acceptable to Bergevin.

About a month or so ago Elliotte Friedman has reported that Eller is repeatedly put on the market and one GM basically said, oh him again? what else is new.

I don't hate Eller. Of course, I hardly ever 'hate' any NHLer other than goons, head-hunters, and Bruins. He's a serviceable bottom-6 FW. What I cannot understand is why any fans would love Eller, take him to their heart, etc.. He's nothing - a completely forgettable and generic hockey player who has had a couple of convenient hot streaks. Benoit Brunet was exactly the same way, except he had to overcome way more adversity than Lucky Lars ever has, and nobody waxed all sentimental and lovely-dovey about him. Must be Eller's aw-shucks wholesome demeanour. The bottom line is, he has had years to make a case for himself as a top-6 FW and has been decisively proven not to be that. One day he will be gone and nobody will give a sh*t, like Jan Bulis. That's all there is to it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lars Eller on waivers this time next year.

Why wait? Do it now. He is not the straw that stirs the drink. He is an overpaid average 3rd line center, big whoop.

I don't hate Eller. Of course, I hardly ever 'hate' any NHLer other than goons, head-hunters, and Bruins. He's a serviceable bottom-6 FW. What I cannot understand is why any fans would love Eller, take him to their heart, etc.. He's nothing - a completely forgettable and generic hockey player who has had a couple of convenient hot streaks. Benoit Brunet was exactly the same way, except he had to overcome way more adversity than Lucky Lars ever has, and nobody waxed all sentimental and lovely-dovey about him. Must be Eller's aw-shucks wholesome demeanour. The bottom line is, he has had years to make a case for himself as a top-6 FW and has been decisively proven not to be that. One day he will be gone and nobody will give a sh*t, like Jan Bulis. That's all there is to it.

You forgot to mention the Laffs, any sentence with hate in it should include the Trawna Bozo's. :)

Guest Stogey24

Whether we had the pieces to make the trades or not I find it both funny and depressing that our GM keeps saying top 6 players don't get traded and you keep seeing top 6 guys getting traded.

A core piece pretty much has to go if you want a legit top 6

I agree with Stogey24. I'm not advocating that we do it, but agree that the Habs can't trade spare parts for a legitimate piece in the top 6. Looks like another rental this year at a steep price. Bergevin will have to add a permanent solution in the offseason. If he can.

A core piece pretty much has to go if you want a legit top 6

Not always a lot do go for younger players like O'reilly and Saad. Anisimov I wouldn't really call a core player he's a nice player though. I think someone made a point a while back that people mention teams would want Galchenyuk and then listed off no trades ever included a guy of Galchenyuks combination of age/ability and thus would be an over payment.