Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I agree those players are more attractive options, but will also cost more to acquire and cost more to retain, both in salary and in years.

Vrbata is a consistent 20 goal guy wherever he goes, and if he comes here and brings a consistent scoring threat to our top 6, and we can sign him for a 2 year term at a decent salary based on his age, we still shore up an issue, and evaluate other options in the near future. I'm looking at this from the perspective of who can we acquire that makes the most difference for the littlest cost, he seems to fit that bill.

Okposo would be my number 1 target on that list, a RW with size and power? we've only needed that for a few years now, but he comes at a heavy cost, both to trade for and to retain.

Would you give them Pleks for Okposo?

I'd be looking at Troy Brouwer as well in the offseason and perhaps this year at the deadline. The Blues are tough against the cap and are looking to add inexpensive help. He also wouldn't be as sought after in the offseason as many of the other high profile guys, so likely would be cheaper to resign. He was a guy that I was hoping the Habs would target last year from the Caps. There were rumors that he was available at the deadline.

Okposo would be a dream for this team. Plekanec for Okposo would be a great trade for the Habs. Nielsen is similar type to Plekanec and becomes a UFA July 1st as well. Plekanec is older, but brings more offense. Islanders are having trouble working out an extension with Nielsen. So maybe that deal would at least be considered?

Potential UFAs

Chris Stewart RW - Bergevin likes dumpster diving.

Mikkel Boedker LW/RW - Speed and skilled winger.

Shane Doan RW - Doubt he waives his NMC.

Loui Eriksson LW/RW/C - Versatility, scoring, and two-way play.

Jamie McGinn LW - Depth scoring with grit.

Jiri Hudler C/LW - Skilled forward.

Eric Staal C/LW - Size and skill.

Kris Versteeg RW - More dumpster diving.

Alex Tanguay LW - Thought it would be funny to put this in.

Brad Richards C - 2 Stanley Cups are hard to argue with.

Darren Helm C - Wild card. Better option at 3C than DD.

Teddy Purcell RW - Size and scoring.

Jaromir Jagr RW - Doubt the Cats trade him.

Milan Lucic LW - Likely would go postal in Habs dressing room and kill everyone.

Patrik Elias RW - Doubt he waves his NMC.

Lee Stempniak RW - Having great year.

Jiri Tlusty C/LW - Desperation move?

Kyle Okposo RW - Bergevin's dream.

Chris Neil RW - What? We got All Star John Scott. LOL

David Perron LW/RW - He just dealt to Anaheim who may not make playoffs and decide to sell.

David Backes C/LW/RW - Doubt he gets moved before trade deadline.

Troy Brouwer RW - Big depth scorer.

Steven Stamkos C - Sorry this is Bergevin's dream.lol

Radim Vrbata RW - Skilled winger.

Andrew Ladd LW - Grit and scoring.

Possible players on trade block (names I've heard in various rumors this season)

Tyler Ennis C/RW (3yrs/$4.6) - Rumor has it that they are listening to offers.

Matt Moulson LW (MNTC 3yrs/$5) - Unhappy with his production.

Jeff Skinner LW/C (3yrs/$5.725) - Unhappy with his inconsistency.

Matt Duchene C (3yrs/$6) - Need cap space for MacKinnon extension.

Jarome Iginla RW (NMC 1yr/$5.4) - Will not wave NMC midseason.

Scott Hartnell LW (NMC 3yrs/$4.75) - Re-tooling.

Cam Atkinson RW - (2yrs/$3.5) - Cap crunch. May no longer be available with trade of Johansen.

Jordan Eberle RW (3yrs/$6) - Cost is a young top 4 dman.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins C (5yrs/$6) - Cost is a young top 4 defenseman.

Nail Yakupov RW (1yr/$2.5) - Cost is a young top 4 defenseman.

Marian Gaborik RW (5yrs/$4.875) - Unhappy with his production.

Jason Pominville RW (MNTC 3yrs/$5.6) - Cap crunch/unhappy with production.

Wayne Simmonds RW (3yrs/$3.975) - More speculations than rumors.

Brayden Schenn C (RFA) - Cap crunch.

Sidney Crosby C (NMC 7yrs/$8.75) - Rumored rift with Lemieux.

Evgeni Malkin C (NMC 6yrs/$9.5) - Cap crunch.

Joe Thornton C (NMC 1yr/$6.75) - Rumors.

Patrick Marleau C (NMC 1yr/$6.7) - Asked for trade.

Patrik Berglund LW (NTC 1yr/$3.7) - Cap crunch.

Jonathan Drouin LW (EL 1yr/$900K) - Asked for trade.

Joffrey Lupul LW (LNTC 2yrs/$5.25) - Rebuild.

James van Riemsdyk LW (2yrs/$4.25) - Rebuild.

Tyler Bozak C (MNTC 2yrs/$4.2) - Rebuild.

Marcus Johansson LW/C (RFA) - Cap crunch.

• Upvote 1

Just Do Something already!!!!

I'm kinda hoping we make a go for Ladd. He could be had for a pick and prospect. Maybe Drouin and Ladd, I'm sure one of them can play the right side.....on no I'm going crazy :scared:

but imagine that line

Drouin--Galchenyuk--Ladd :scared:

Just Do Something already!!!!

I'm kinda hoping we make a go for Ladd. He could be had for a pick and prospect. Maybe Drouin and Ladd, I'm sure one of them can play the right side.....on no I'm going crazy :scared:

The pick would be a 1st for Ladd, and that's only if they don't think they can re-sign him. Expectations are that an extension is going to get done which means he's probably not getting dealt.

The pick would be a 1st for Ladd, and that's only if they don't think they can re-sign him. Expectations are that an extension is going to get done which means he's probably not getting dealt.

The cost of rentals has gone down considerably over the last few seasons...

I think it's trending down again though

Based on what though? There is no evidence either way as to whether the cost of a rental will go up or down this year as opposed to last year. Its too early to really be able to predict this.

I think it's trending down again though

Whether it is or not, trading for Ladd right now means you're potentially asking Winnipeg to give up on re-signing their captain. They're not doing that for a 2nd round pick at this time. The deadline could be another story if talks struggle between now and then but if you want the extra six weeks of Ladd, you should have to pay more.

Whether it is or not, trading for Ladd right now means you're potentially asking Winnipeg to give up on re-signing their captain. They're not doing that for a 2nd round pick at this time. The deadline could be another story if talks struggle between now and then but if you want the extra six weeks of Ladd, you should have to pay more.

agreed... but i think he would only be had at the deadline.

I had read on one of the rumor sites that the price of rentals will likely be high this year due to how close the standings are. There are very few sellers at this point and a lot of potential buyers. A lot can change in the next few weeks, and some other teams may throw in the towel though. The Canucks are believed to be asking for a top prospect and 2nd rounder for Vrbata. That's more than what the Habs paid for Vanek 2 years ago and he was the most sought after rental at the deadline. Last year Vermette cost a 1st and prospect. Vermette is no where near as talented as some of the guys available this year. I'm sure there will be some deals to be had, but given the Habs position of win now (plus their slide in the standings) GMs will be looking to take advantage of Bergevin's desperation.

I had read on one of the rumor sites that the price of rentals will likely be high this year due to how close the standings are. There are very few sellers at this point and a lot of potential buyers. A lot can change in the next few weeks, and some other teams may throw in the towel though. The Canucks are believed to be asking for a top prospect and 2nd rounder for Vrbata. That's more than what the Habs paid for Vanek 2 years ago and he was the most sought after rental at the deadline. Last year Vermette cost a 1st and prospect. Vermette is no where near as talented as some of the guys available this year. I'm sure there will be some deals to be had, but given the Habs position of win now (plus their slide in the standings) GMs will be looking to take advantage of Bergevin's desperation.

If that's the price for Vrbata we should tell them to f*ck off.

If that's the price for Vrbata we should tell them to f*ck off.

Exactly... And there is no way Chicago makes that deal again in hindsight.. Add to that the price paid for a d-man at the deadline and then what we paid for petry... The UFA pool is huge this year and the standings are always tight... supply and demand... The rental supply is very significant.

I say the price goes year over year.

Exactly... And there is no way Chicago makes that deal again in hindsight.. Add to that the price paid for a d-man at the deadline and then what we paid for petry... The UFA pool is huge this year and the standings are always tight... supply and demand... The rental supply is very significant.

I say the price goes year over year.

In hindsight Chicago makes that deal every day of the week. As underwhelming as he might have been overall, Vermette scored two gigantic overtime goals for them. Do I trade my first rounder and a prospect for a Stanley Cup? EVERY TIME.

I propose the following trade:

To NYR: Michel Therrien

To Mtl: Alain Vigneault

BOOM! Two teams in free-fall get a 'new voice' in the dressing room while securing quality, proven, successful coaching.

Think about it ;)

I propose the following trade:

To NYR: Michel Therrien

To Mtl: Alain Vigneault

BOOM! Two teams in free-fall get a 'new voice' in the dressing room while securing quality, proven, successful coaching.

Think about it ;)

The Ranger might want to throw in Girardi or Staal as a salary dump. Those guys have been awful this year.