Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Maybe is time for Pierre McGuire to step in as GM.

Ill trade one Bergevin/Therrien for McGuire/Crawford and then team will rock.

Fork I nearly threw up. Mcguire? I hope that was a joke. Don I am 61 years old are you trying to give me a heart attack?

But I suppose Molson unlikely willing to pay off both Therrien and Bergvin's contracts (unless 'reassigned' within org) and new GM and coach as well. OK so just trade up for Crawford (not that I know anything at all about his coaching, but he does have a ring and has been coaching recently)?

But I suppose Molson unlikely willing to pay off both Therrien and Bergvin's contracts (unless 'reassigned' within org) and new GM and coach as well. OK so just trade up for Crawford (not that I know anything at all about his coaching, but he does have a ring and has been coaching recently)?

Crawford should have had more rings with that Colorado team. He also picked bourque over Gretzky in shootout at the olympics. no thanks to Mcguire and crawford.

Crawford should have had more rings with that Colorado team. He also picked bourque over Gretzky in shootout at the olympics. no thanks to Mcguire and crawford.

My argument for Crawford is that he's been through it all: highs, lows, middles, Olympics, Cups, disasters, NHL, Europe. He unquestionably made mistakes (Bourque, Cloutier in LA, failing to control Bertuzzi). But if, like Therrien, he learned from his mistakes - and everything about his career suggests a committed, lifetime coach who wants to learn - the Habs could reap the benefits of all that experience. Hartley had a less impressive resumé and look how he's done. If AV is unavailable, I say we hire Crow with confidence.

I don't get the love in for Hartley. His team is tied for last place. Last year was lightening in a bottle. They won a lot of comeback games. Even than they get badly outshot and out chanced. They are at the bottom of the league in special teams.

The only positive is that their kids are progressing well - better than galchenyuk and Beaulieu. Don't know how much it has to do with Hartley, but at least he has played and given more Ice time and has been more patient with his kids than le genius.

The only French coach I'd me interested in is Vingneult. I hate Julien with a passion, so even if he became available I want nothing do do with that bum.

My argument for Crawford is that he's been through it all: highs, lows, middles, Olympics, Cups, disasters, NHL, Europe. He unquestionably made mistakes (Bourque, Cloutier in LA, failing to control Bertuzzi). But if, like Therrien, he learned from his mistakes - and everything about his career suggests a committed, lifetime coach who wants to learn - the Habs could reap the benefits of all that experience. Hartley had a less impressive resumé and look how he's done. If AV is unavailable, I say we hire Crow with confidence.

I don't get the love in for Hartley. His team is tied for last place. Last year was lightening in a bottle. They won a lot of comeback games. Even than they get badly outshot and out chanced. They are at the bottom of the league in special teams.

The only positive is that their kids are progressing well - better than galchenyuk and Beaulieu. Don't know how much it has to do with Hartley, but at least he has played and given more stars ve times and has been more patient with his kids than le genius.

The only French coach I'd me interested in is Vingneult. I hate Julien with a passion, so even if he became available I want nothing do do with that bum.

Totally agree.

My argument for Bergevin is this.

If the doctors told him they were unsure when Price could return, he's played things perfectly.

I don't have a problem with him being unwilling to trade future assets for rental help to save a season where the return of price is uncertain. The team isn't winning a thing without Price, so why throw good assets on this fire just to get a first round loss? And if the team treads water without price and looks decent, and price looks ready to come back, he would have still had time to make a move.

If the doctors told him they were unsure when Price could return, he's played things perfectly.

I don't have a problem with him being unwilling to trade future assets for rental help to save a season where the return of price is uncertain. The team isn't winning a thing without Price, so why throw good assets on this fire just to get a first round loss? And if the team treads water without price and looks decent, and price looks ready to come back, he would have still had time to make a move.

Exactly!

PJ Stock.? I would rather see Bergevin replaced by Rejean Houle than that drooling idiot Stock. And if that ever happened I would have to find a new team to support

PJ Stock.? I would rather see Bergevin replaced by Rejean Houle than that drooling idiot Stock. And if that ever happened I would have to find a new team to support

You can say that again.

• Upvote 2

what do you guys think it would cost to get Valteri Nichuskin? he seems to be kind of stuck on the third line in Dallas. Would they go for an offer that would help them in a tough central division?

Some combination of Pleks, Markov, Emelin, Weiss, Byron, DSP and prospects? Maybe Pleks, Weiss and a prospect?

I think they just lost Spezza to a concussion so they may be looking for some help at center.....I dont know just spitballing here.

what do you guys think it would cost to get Valteri Nichuskin? he seems to be kind of stuck on the third line in Dallas. Would they go for an offer that would help them in a tough central division?

Some combination of Pleks, Markov, Emelin, Weiss, Byron, DSP and prospects? Maybe Pleks, Weiss and a prospect?

I think they just lost Spezza to a concussion so they may be looking for some help at center.....I dont know just spitballing here.

Nichushkin is still someone they're building around long-term. He's still pegged as a big power forward type so the asking price is going to be really high. Spezza's out for now but it's not season-ending here. He's signed long-term, so is Seguin. They don't have a need for Plekanec, they wouldn't move him for Markov, and the rest aren't good enough pieces.

DD Andrighetto for Faksa Moen

Plus whatever picks.

That pick might be something like a 2017 1st to balance it out. Andrighetto does not have any sort of real tangible value (he's an undersized winger who in 2.5 years isn't a regular and needs to clear waivers next year; teams don't value players like that too highly). Dallas, on top of having their top two signed long-term in Seguin/Spezza, also has Cody Eakin, their #3 C, signed long-term. They would value Desharnais as a negative, especially since they're taking on an extra year of salary. Faksa has been slow to develop but is still probably worth a high 2nd on his own at the very least. If you're making them take on more money next year, the pick ask has to become a 1st.

If we end up with a pick around #10, any chance we can flip it to Colorado for Rantanen?

Rantanen's quickly vaulting up in value. I can't see them doing that; I can't see them taking a #5/6 pick for him now even.

The problem was before we knew it was going to be possibly season ending back in November, Bergevin sat on his hands. He should have been proactive. He instead sat there going, "Nah, this ain't gonna last for 20+ games!" and then it did.

He watched the ship sink.

The problem was before we knew it was going to be possibly season ending back in November, Bergevin sat on his hands. He should have been proactive. He instead sat there going, "Nah, this ain't gonna last for 20+ games!" and then it did.

He watched the ship sink.

I'm guessing Bergevin knew a thing or two in november more than the fans did.

Throwing future assets to stop things from unravelling wouldn't have been a smart move if he had no guarantees that price would come back at all.

I for one couldn't blame Bergevin for not making a panic move early on in The Slump. He may simply have under-estimated how badly the team was going to collapse - and he was hardly alone in this, because no one had any way of knowing that players like Pleks and DD would suddenly forget how to play like top-6 FWs and that Subban would get 2 goals in 40 games.

But once The Slump was a full-blown crisis, he was then dealing from a position of weakness. I rather admire the sang-froid of a GM who refuses to sell assets at a discount for short-term gain.

So the real criticism of Zoot Suit is not, IMHO, that he didn't anticipate one of the most catastrophic meltdowns in NHL history. It's that he didn't seriously address the long-standing structural holes in the roster, and also, perhaps, that he tied the team's hands a bit with some questionable contracts. The latter critique is more serious than the former, because - again - with a healthy Price there was no urgency to fill the roster holes. He could wait until the right deal fell into place. But bad contracts are bad contracts.

At the end of the day, though, sometimes sh*t just happens. We always want to blame a specific person for it (Therrien, MB). But this season has been kind of a perfect storm, and anger at management for this unpredictable cataclysm generally strikes me as overblown.

• Upvote 1

But he hasn't saddled Habs with contracts like a Kessel, Phaneuf, Eric Stall, Gomaz, Vincent L, etc.

So are kinda splittin hairs about slightly overpaying a Emelin, DD, Eller or whichever contracts you mean.

So Habs have made it known they are offering Weise, Flieshman, Gilbert to the highest Feb. bidder eh?

Wonder who else they will make 'available'; Eller, DD, Markov, Plekanec?

Will he ask Emelin to waive NTC, or wait till July on moving him to whoever might want him?

Anger at management eh, ya understand but agree I feel is more, like u say 'sh*t happens' and lets move on.