Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Emelin sucks and I don't want him anywhere near a top 4 spot.

Barberio is better than Emelin, but is still not a top 4 defenceman.

Pateryn in the top 4 means we have an inexperienced defender playing on his wrong side.

Beaulieu is the only player currently in the organization who shoots left and could be a top 4 defenceman two years from now. This is why trading him is so difficult.

Fact still remains there are way more top 6 forwards in this free agent class than top 4 defencemen, and thats why you keep beaulieu and sign the forward in free agency..

Who would be a realistic top six upgrade UFAs, that would also possibly sign in Montreal? Backes, Staal, Erikson? Not thinking Stamkos, not a chance he is coming.

Yes of curse would be tiny bit painful to part with Beaulieu and almost seems most fans are more conservative than even Bargain Bin Bergevin and are very unwilling to make consider a real trade if costs a good young player/prospect.

To begin with, Bergevin is quite limited in what he can offer to bring back a nice forward. I know many love tossing all the spare parts like Emelin, Eller, DD, etc, but they wont net you an Eberle.

Who would be a top 6 upgrade that would sign in Montreal?

I would hope we could sign one of the following

Stamkos (unlikely but not impossible)

Okposo

Ladd

Eriksson

Perron

Hudler

Backes

Radulov

Staal

Boedker

Lucic

Brouwer

Nielsen

and Scott Gomez

Thats a lot of potential top 6 forwards available.

Who would be a realistic top six upgrade UFAs, that would also possibly sign in Montreal? Backes, Staal, Erikson? Not thinking Stamkos, not a chance he is coming.

Yes of curse would be tiny bit painful to part with Beaulieu and almost seems most fans are more conservative than even Bargain Bin Bergevin and are very unwilling to make consider a real trade if costs a good young player/prospect.

To begin with, Bergevin is quite limited in what he can offer to bring back a nice forward. I know many love tossing all the spare parts like Emelin, Eller, DD, etc, but they wont net you an Eberle.

I agree Don, we are not going to get quality for shite, but can we get better if we trade our top defensive prospect? That is a question. Could we maybe package some prospects ( I haven't thought about who) and maybe a pleks, markov, or some other guy? That was the genius of Sammy, he gave up good players at their height for someone who was on the way up, but you have to have excellent scouting staff. I think ours is pretty good, we can't go on the way we are. At some point we have to make a run to get a cup. Let's hope Mark Down Mark lifts his sites a little higher than the 4th line.

Who would be a top 6 upgrade that would sign in Montreal?

I would hope we could sign one of the following

Stamkos (unlikely but not impossible)

Okposo

Ladd

Eriksson

Perron

Hudler

Backes

Radulov

Staal

Boedker

Lucic

Brouwer

Nielsen

and Scott Gomez

Thats a lot of potential top 6 forwards available.

The Scott Gomez was a joke right? He can't make this team period.

Perron Brouwer Hudler or Nielsen wouldn't be enough on their own.

Ericksson or Ladd are old.

Why would Radulov come over?

Is Okposo good or is he propped up by Tavares?

We have 4/6 top six forwards.... they may not be enough on their own but you need to start improving somewhere.

I don't know when 30 became old... Both Eriksson and Ladd are 30, not that old. We aren't talking about guys who are 35, or 38.

There are multiple sources and multiple rumors that Radulov is looking to come to the NHL. The fall of the price of oil has really hurt the finances of the KHL.

Yes Okposo is good.

Radulov, Staal, Gomez...funny guy. So really who is there, realistically are half-dozen UFAs top six 'upgrades' for 30 teams to fight over.

Bye bye Beaulieu, McCarron and Eller as salary filler for something better than Gomez.

Perron Brouwer Hudler or Nielsen wouldn't be enough on their own.

Ericksson or Ladd are old.

Why would Radulov come over?

Is Okposo good or is he propped up by Tavares?

'Wouldn't be enough.' Hmmm. We need to remember how successful this team is with Carey Price in net. We were considered quasi-contenders with only four top-6 FWs. Galy and Gallagher are better now than they were then. Add Price, add anyone except Gomez from Commandant's list, and we should be better than we were in 2015. That is easily enough to make us a top-10 team.

Now as far as making us clear-cut, no-brainer contenders, we can always add another FW closer to the deadline.

So despite this wretched slag-pile of a season, I'm quite optimistic. We absolutely should be able to add a legit top-6 FW over the summer as a UFA, and that definitely should represent improvement over the very good 2014-15 squad.

I don't know when 30 became old... Both Eriksson and Ladd are 30, not that old. We aren't talking about guys who are 35, or 38.

30's an age where the best is already behind and there's a good chance of a significant drop off in the next 2-4 years. Not the end of the world but riskier. At any rate it's the type of signing we need to make. Eriksson looks like he'd fit in great beside Pleks.

'Wouldn't be enough.' Hmmm. We need to remember how successful this team is with Carey Price in net. We were considered quasi-contenders with only four top-6 FWs. Galy and Gallagher are better now than they were then. Add Price, add anyone except Gomez from Commandant's list, and we should be better than we were in 2015. That is easily enough to make us a top-10 team.

Now as far as making us clear-cut, no-brainer contenders, we can always add another FW closer to the deadline.

So despite this wretched slag-pile of a season, I'm quite optimistic. We absolutely should be able to add a legit top-6 FW over the summer as a UFA, and that definitely should represent improvement over the very good 2014-15 squad.

Sure, I expect a bounce back after with a healthy Price, and it's near inconceivable that Bergevin wouldn't add somebody up front. I just wouldn't be too high on our forward group if all we added was Perron or Brouwer and whatever rookies make it out of camp.

I hope MB has his eyes on Okposo. He would look great on RW in a Habs' jersey. I would still take a shot at Yakupov as well, we need more skilled players in the top 6.

If one of Plekanec, Desharnais and Eller get moved - who would you like to see traded? Who is the most likely to be traded?

• Upvote 1

I hope MB has his eyes on Okposo. He would look great on RW in a Habs' jersey. I would still take a shot at Yakupov as well, we need more skilled players in the top 6.

If one of Plekanec, Desharnais and Eller get moved - who would you like to see traded? Who is the most likely to be traded?

I've also been thinking about Okposo for a couple weeks now.

If we could sign a young veteran like Okposo to play next to plekanec on line two, why not give Hudon a shot at second line LW? He's known to be solid defensively anyway, and any rookie errors would be covered well by Plex and possibly Okposo (I think he's decent defensively).

Hudon just scored 28 goals. That's good for 3rd in the AHL. I mean, his numbers to me pretty much scream potential to be a second line NHLer. He's been a consistant prospect for so long, I'd love to see him get that shot. Think he could be a 20 goal 50 point NHLer

Obviously.. I don't think Subban gets moved. And he's my favorite player so I certainly don't want him being moved..

That being said.. just spit-ballin'

Subban to Edmonton for Hall, Yakupov, and Davidson?

Subban to Dallas for Nichuskin, Goligoski, Oleksiak, 1st Round??