Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

You mean Auld, Budaj or the rookie Condon, who did quite well for what he was tossed into with the 15 d-men who played in front of him.

Scrivens was experienced and that worked out good. Nope I would stick with Condon or the new guy they signed at the end of the year. Trade Emelin and someone for a forward who can score. We lack scoring.

Guest Stogey24

I Completely understand MOLG's points, but you can't build a team around what ifs. We also need scoring more than mediocre goalie insurance.

I get that you want to insulate against a price injury but here is the thing.

4/6 top six forwards + mason replacing price due to injury = Habs are still ######ed and not winning the cup.

Better to spend that 4.1 million on a forward.

Totally agree. No room for a 1b goalie on a Price team.

I Completely understand MOLG's points, but you can't build a team around what ifs. We also need scoring more than mediocre goalie insurance.

You mean like, "don't trade Beaulieu, because he will hopefully (fingers crossed) break out next year, is irreplaceable and more important than adding a top six forward upgrade".

How about Beaulieu, Eller & pick for young skilled forward.

Guest Stogey24

You mean like, "don't trade Beaulieu, because he will hopefully (fingers crossed) break out next year, is irreplaceable and more important than adding a top six forward upgrade".

How about Beaulieu, Eller & pick for young skilled forward.

That's what I said?

Only if EDM won the lottery again would this be even close to enough. Subban trade would have to be a steal for MTL or not worth doing

Guest Stogey24

Subban, eller and 9th overall for Hall, Klefbom, and 1st overall

So Klefbom is going to take over playing 25-30min a night? Ya, right.

You can't win in trading Subban, because it basically has to be a top 10 forward coming back. Which just leaves a gapping hole on the blue line.

I don't even know why people involve him in trades. He just should be just as untouchable as Price IMO. Apparently you don't know what you got till' it's gone

That's what I said?

Basically seems to be the logic for for not parting with Nate, nor including him in any trade proposal; when Bergevin really has few attractive and realistic options to trade but him (unless you think a Desharnais, Eller, Emelin would get anything in return)

You can't win in trading Subban, because it basically has to be a top 10 forward coming back. Which just leaves a gapping hole on the blue line.

I don't even know why people involve him in trades. He just should be just as untouchable as Price IMO. Apparently you don't know what you got till' it's gone

But some already think Price is bit of a liability now and dumb to not look for a 1B goalie now, so maybe Price is not as untouchable as he used to be?

Guest Stogey24

So because you have a player of value, you trade him? Great theory.

Beaulieu is young, tough, and can skate north to South with the puck. He's the exact model of what this team is trying build around on D. He's also as cap friendly as you can get.

So ya, go ahead and trade the guy that we've been waiting to come along right before he gets into his prime; because we've never been bit in the ass from doing that before. Then see what happens in a year when Markov retires and we're scraping to find a puck moving D-man to fill his role.

Beaulieu can't be considered untouchable can he? A healthy Petry would go a long way to mitigating a departure of Beaulieu, and his brain fart moments in his own end... if a young power forward can be had, Cya Nate.

Price, Subban, Patch, Gallagher and Galchenyuk is what we build around, all untouchable if I am Bergevin.

Sign Stamkos, and we are 75% better team, maybe the core's potential to contend with the right additions, and Stamkos and Subban as long time friends would be enough to get him seriously considering signing here?

I don't know, but trading Subban isn't an answer for this team...

So because you have a player of value, you trade him? Great theory.

Beaulieu is young, tough, and can skate north to South with the puck. He's the exact model of what this team is trying build around on D. He's also as cap friendly as you can get.

So ya, go ahead and trade the guy that we've been waiting to come along right before he gets into his prime; because we've never been bit in the ass from doing that before. Then see what happens in a year when Markov retires and we're scraping to find a puck moving D-man to fill his role.

If get a 70 point forward instead, I can live with that.

I don't think Beaulieu will bring back a 70-point FW.

He's not untouchable, but I agree with the gist of Stogey's analysis. We NEED Beaulieu; he is one of the key players for us, organizationally, and if we trade him away, his role will have to be replaced from outside the organization. Otherwise our defence corps will be fundamentally inadequate.

Right now teams take advantage of our right wing weakness when Gally is not on the ice. If we see Markov hurt and we traded away Beau for a top six RW, teams will know to take advantage of our left defence in the zone when Pacioretty isn't there.

I get that the folks who want to trade him feel he isn't going to develop as a top LD so they want him gone, but we can't trade him unless we are getting someone better in return in his position.

The end of this season revealed that the centre problem is over. Galchenyuk is our guy. We got Plekanec behind him. That's #1C and #2C. We have a #1 LW and RW. We have a #1 RD, #1/2 LD, #2 RD and a #2/1 LD. Also #1G. We can't sacrifice any of those without replacing them. We need #2LW and a #2RW.

• Upvote 1

Before long, yes, I think Klefbom should be a 25 minute per game defenceman. I think he's a legitimate top pairing defender in a year or so from now (but I also happen to think he's really underrated). In a hypothetical scenario of dealing Subban to Edmonton, Klefbom is the d-man I want coming back.

Before long, yes, I think Klefbom should be a 25 minute per game defenceman. I think he's a legitimate top pairing defender in a year or so from now (but I also happen to think he's really underrated). In a hypothetical scenario of dealing Subban to Edmonton, Klefbom is the d-man I want coming back.

Nurse for me.

Guest Stogey24

You realize the expectations that would be put on that kids shoulders. He's also a lefty.

You realize the expectations that would be put on that kids shoulders. He's also a lefty.

No doubt there would be crazy expectations but I think he's a top pairing guy down the road. Nurse is also a leffy but lots seem to want him.

Guest Stogey24

No doubt there would be crazy expectations but I think he's a top pairing guy down the road. Nurse is also a leffy but lots seem to want him.

lol, ok and?

You take a step back on D, no matter what the trade is. Unless you trade for like Keith. Which doesn't help our scoring.

lol, ok and?

You take a step back on D, no matter what the trade is. Unless you trade for like Keith. Which doesn't help our scoring.

​And why does weakening d also mean not help scoring?

Bolstering the top six is the aim, but Bergevin really has no real attractive young forwards to add to a trade, so looks like weakening d it is.

Or overpay for an older UFA and hope they still have a couple good years left in them.

What are vast majority pining for, "Bergevin to add a top six forward upgrade for scoring!" and he has been called a dummy or worse because he hasn't done that and some say he must be an idiot to not realize that.

However, when fans realize it likely wont be painless to make a big move like that, they become even more conservative than Bergevin is and simply hope $$ + trading all unpopular (or seen as overpaid) roster players will fix it.

However I was going through some other teams eulogies and Minni wants a top six guy and this other wants the same and etc etc, so a Ladd, Brouwer, Erikson, Lucic and Backes will be in darn high demand and $$$, if even hit the market and Stamkos is sorta like a fantasy add on, would be friggin great but not happening. So do you try a older UFA like Vrbata, or hope a Hudler will bounce back?

So if not parting with #28, what would realistically entice a Chiarelli to trade Eberle or Hopkins to Habs, instead of to another team offering young'ish' quality d-man for them.

There are way more top 6 forwards in UFA this year than defencemen... so creating a hole on D to trade for a forward doesn't make sense.

you'll need a UFA, whether thats to fill the hole on D, or fill the hole on forward.

Given the market situation, getting that UFA on forward is gonna be a lot easier than geting a top 4 LHD. There are just more to go around.

On top of that, Beaulieu is a cheap contract compared to the forwards you want to acquire. This means that after your trade, the money to spend on the D is a lot less.

There are way more top 6 forwards in UFA this year than defencemen... so creating a hole on D to trade for a forward doesn't make sense.

you'll need a UFA, whether thats to fill the hole on D, or fill the hole on forward.

Given the market situation, getting that UFA on forward is gonna be a lot easier than geting a top 4 LHD. There are just more to go around.

On top of that, Beaulieu is a cheap contract compared to the forwards you want to acquire. This means that after your trade, the money to spend on the D is a lot less.

Yep.

Also, with all due respect to DON, offence starts from the back end. Forwards can't do much without defencemen getting them the puck. Moving Beaulieu weakens the offence as much as it would help it by adding a FW.

Let's all just accept the need to sign a UFA forward and move on. (Of course, when Bergy actually signs such a player, he will be condemned in some quarters for "overpaying" - no doubt by many of the same people who have been excoriating him for not adding major pieces).

Yep.

Also, with all due respect to DON, offence starts from the back end. Forwards can't do much without defencemen getting them the puck. Moving Beaulieu weakens the offence as much as it would help it by adding a FW.

Let's all just accept the need to sign a UFA forward and move on. (Of course, when Bergy actually signs such a player, he will be condemned in some quarters for "overpaying" - no doubt by many of the same people who have been excoriating him for not adding major pieces).

You are very correct, it does not do much good to have puck moving defencemen if the guys up front have hands of stone. We need guys up front who can convert those shots from the point. Right now we mostly have the gang that couldn't shoot straight. We need some goal scoring from the front end.

lol, ok and?

I was basically just responding to the point that Klefbom's a lefty. Most Subban-to-Edmonton proposals have Darnell Nurse in there; he too is a lefty so the same potential problem would exist - on top of the crazy pressure.