Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Why didn't I think of that?!? :scared: Quick, give Grizzly Adams a call POSTHASTE

Just be sure to ask the Penguins to retain some salary.

• 3 weeks later...

Second trade...

To Habs:

- Nail Yakupov

To Oil:

- David Desharnais

- Galchenyuk's girlfriend

- Dietz or Lernout

Don't see why the oilers would do this.... I think they just take a 2nd round draft pick from someone instead (they were apparently offered a second at the deadline).

Second trade...

To Habs:

- Nail Yakupov

To Oil:

- David Desharnais

- Galchenyuk's girlfriend

- Dietz or Lernout

There's a big gap in value between Dietz and Lernout. Dietz is heading for the waiver wire next year while Lernout will technically just be starting his entry level deal next year. Lernout is worth something while Dietz is worth very little in a trade. I suspect they'll either want help on defence (neither of those two would constitute help for Edmonton) or they'll go the draft pick route.

There's a big gap in value between Dietz and Lernout. Dietz is heading for the waiver wire next year while Lernout will technically just be starting his entry level deal next year. Lernout is worth something while Dietz is worth very little in a trade. I suspect they'll either want help on defence (neither of those two would constitute help for Edmonton) or they'll go the draft pick route.

I hear ya. The obvious bate here is Beaulieu, and I'm not sure I trade him for Yakupov. I agree with CC, we need Beaulieu to develop into our Markov replacement so trading him at this juncture could be unwise. Then again, the Habs are so desperate for scoring up front that my rationale is wacko at the moment.

Don't see why the oilers would do this.... I think they just take a 2nd round draft pick from someone instead (they were apparently offered a second at the deadline).

Galchenyuk's girlfriend is obviously the key piece here, Commandant.

We don't need to trade Beaulieu for FW help. All we have to do is sign a quality top-6 UFA FW. That's a much smarter move, organizationally, even if it means taking on a bloated contract.

We don't need to trade Beaulieu for FW help. All we have to do is sign a quality top-6 UFA FW. That's a much smarter move, organizationally, even if it means taking on a bloated contract.

Agree.

Why would any of them do it? Colorado pays Soderberg to be their Plek, Malkin is worth exceptionally more and we're what, trading our left defensive depth to attain another left winger? Move Pacioretty to the right wing? One of the biggest issues all year was Markov playing too many minutes. Trade Beaulieu and we're in an even worse issue unless someone like Petry plays his off position.

Guest Stogey24

Malkin, when healthy, is up for debate as the best player in the game.

Neech, I don't understand why every trade scenario you post involves Beaulieu. Who's in your top 4 if he's moved?

All are pining for a top 6 upgrade; but seems most are unwilling to part with anything of value (which is limited) to make it happen, like trading a Beaulieu or McCarron.

Its not like Beaulieu is a irreplaceable offensive or defensive star, why cant Pateryn-Barberio-Emelin be #4.

Basically if a trade nets a top six forward upgrade, that is most important bit isn't it?