Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Markov & Weise

for Beagle & Orlov

for Nichushkin & Demers

For the Washington one, I think they would value Orlov (much younger and having a nice season) over Markov.

For the Dallas one, I think they would rather simply extend Demers past this season and keep Nichushkin. There's a viable fit with Dallas but they're usually not a cap ceiling team. They will need to move money out beyond this season. If Markov were to go to Dallas, expect Hemsky to be part of any return.

Crazy idea, and some assumptions.

Assuming we can get a 2nd round+ for Markov how about, we bring back Gorges for the 2nd round we would potentially get for Markov?

Personally I think our top 4 looks better as Subban, Petry, Beaulieu and Gorges than Subban, Petry, Beaulieu and Markov. Also younger.

With anything more than a second round pick we end up arguably better, more assets, bigger role for Beaulieu, cheaper and better defensively. Markov is showing his age this season, offensively and more importantly defensively.

Also Emelin for Yakupov. Straight trade. Overpriced defensive defenseman (as much as I like him) for an underachieving 1st overall pick that would be a steady winger for Chucky.

Desharnais for a bag of pucks. Or Desharnais + prospect(or Scrivens) for E.Stall. Makes Pekanec expendable for whatever else we desire. Also gives Chucky/Stall 1/2 center.

Sorry adding things over time.

Plekanec(eat $500k-$1m) + Fucale + Prospect + mid round pick for Drouin + Coburn(Cap move).

Do any playoff teams have 1st rounders coming from lottery teams this year?? If there are we could try and target those picks.

Didn't we have a 2nd rounder coming from Buffalo this year?

DoEs TBL have any expiring contracts? Yzerman is looking for PP help. Markov + 3rd for drouin and expiring contract to balance salary.

Crazy idea, and some assumptions.

Assuming we can get a 2nd round+ for Markov how about, we bring back Gorges for the 2nd round we would potentially get for Markov?

Personally I think our top 4 looks better as Subban, Petry, Beaulieu and Gorges than Subban, Petry, Beaulieu and Markov. Also younger.

With anything more than a second round pick we end up arguably better, more assets, bigger role for Beaulieu, cheaper and better defensively. Markov is showing his age this season, offensively and more importantly defensively.

Also Emelin for Yakupov. Straight trade. Overpriced defensive defenseman (as much as I like him) for an underachieving 1st overall pick that would be a steady winger for Chucky.

Desharnais for a bag of pucks. Or Desharnais + prospect(or Scrivens) for E.Stall. Makes Pekanec expendable for whatever else we desire. Also gives Chucky/Stall 1/2 center.

Sorry adding things over time.

Plekanec(eat $500k-$1m) + Fucale + Prospect + mid round pick for Drouin + Coburn(Cap move).

Honestly, I don't think one of those trades is realistic.

I also ask if you've watched Gorges in Buffalo, cause paying 3.9 million for that???

DoEs TBL have any expiring contracts? Yzerman is looking for PP help. Markov + 3rd for drouin and expiring contract to balance salary.

Cobourn would work.

The problem is that Tampa doesn't want to add a contract for next year, they are still gonna make more offers to try and keep Stamkos, so moving the expiring contract for one with a year left on it doesn't work for them.

Pacioretty + Emelin + Andrighetto + pick For Tavares

Markov + Lehkonen + pick For Hemsky + Nichushkin

Weise for a pick

Gilbert for a pick

Eller for a pick

Hemsky for a pick

Trade/Bury/B/O Desharnais

Sign Stamkos & Yandle.

Sign Reway

Sign Carr, Barberio & DSP

Sign Dumont, Alessio, Friberg, Bartley, Dietz & Ellis 2-way

Sign UFA Dman

Scherbak/Reway Tavares Stamkos

Galchenyuk Plekanec Nichushkin

Carr/Hudon/JDLR/McCarron Gallagher

Byron Mitchell Flynn/DSP

Yandle Subban

Beaulieu Petry

xxUFAxx Pateryn

Barberio Bartley/Dietz

Juulsen Lernout

Price

Condon

....when are these pills supposed to wear off.... :halm:

Time for some change. When you take your mattress away and have to sleep on the floor with the bugs, hair, crumbs & dust. It forces you to clean, buy a futon and get a frame for your mattress.

The only guy i would consider trading Subban for is McDavid and even that one I'm not so sure about.

McDavid is about the only person I'd move him for 1 for 1.

The only guy i would consider trading Subban for is McDavid and even that one I'm not so sure about.

McDavid is about the only person I'd move him for 1 for 1.

I'll have whatever you guys are smoking

Haven't smoked anything is decades..

Why does this sound so preposterous to you?

Oilers would never make that trade. I said I would, but oilers never would. McDavid is supposed to be the best player since Crosby - possibly better. They'd be nuts to trade him for subban.

Oilers would never make that trade. I said I would, but McDavid is supposed to be the best player since Crosby - possibly better. They'd be nuts to trade him for subban.

I never said Edmonton would either but that's the one offer i probably would accept before Chiarelli had a chance to change his mind.

One of the leagues top three dmen (with a winning pedigree to boot) would definitely help solve the oilers organizational needs.

Desharnais to Arizona for Pronger.

Pronger is on LTIR and isn't ever coming back.

Arizona is a team that needs to save money and Desharnais makes less than Pronger (and can still play if needed).

Habs save $3.5 mil on next years cap. It's exactly what Toronto did to get rid of Clarkson.

If guys like Clarkson and Rene Bourque can be moved, Desharnais can also be moved. NO MORE BUYOUTS. Still have to deal with Parenteau's $1.3 and change on next year's cap. If the Habs are going to bring in the pieces they need, they are going to need all the cap space they can muster up.

Edited by John B

Desharnais to Arizona for Pronger.

Pronger is on LTIR and isn't ever coming back.

Arizona is a team that needs to save money and Desharnais makes less than Pronger (and can still play if needed).

Habs save $3.5 mil on next years cap. It's exactly what Toronto did to get rid of Clarkson.

If guys like Clarkson and Rene Bourque can be moved, Desharnais can also be moved. NO MORE BUYOUTS. Still have to deal with Parenteau's $1.3 and change on next year's cap. If the Habs are going to bring in the pieces they need, they are going to need all the cap space they can muster up.

Pronger is only making $575,000 in actual cash next year (though his cap hit is higher)

Pronger's contract was insured, so the insurance company is paying that, not the Coyotes.

The Coyotes have him on their cap so they can hit the cap floor.

This is hugely different from Clarkson who was traded for Horton. Horton was making big money and his contract was not insured.

Haven't smoked anything is decades..

Why does this sound so preposterous to you?

It is preposterous because they wouldn't make that trade and there about a dozen other players that wouldn't be traded by their gms for Subban. Talent for talent and also lesser talented that have better contracts

Do any playoff teams have 1st rounders coming from lottery teams this year?? If there are we could try and target those picks.

The only traded first round picks so far are as follows:

- Carolina has LA's pick from the Sekera deal.

- Boston has SJ's pick from the Jones deal.

- Arizona would get NYR's pick from the Yandle deal if the Rangers make the playoffs.

- Toronto would get PIT's pick from the Kessel deal if the Penguins make the playoffs.

Right now, none of those would be lottery picks. Even if any were, the teams that hold those picks likely wouldn't trade them without lottery protection (much like the NYR/PIT picks the above teams hold) - we're seeing that more and more lately. Playoff-bound teams aren't going to give up a shot at a top 3 pick (since there are 3 draws now) for a rental type of player. That's just not realistic. If they have to give up a 1st, they'll give up the weaker of the two, not the better one.

• 2 weeks later...

Malkin at 29, his best days likely numbered and mostly behind him, so no thanks.

I would much prefer to deal for a Eberle or Nugent-Hopkins and hold on to Pacioretty

to Pitt:

Pacioretty

Beaulieu

Eller

to Mtl:

Malkin

Overpayment? (could we get away with not including Beaulieu)? Would this actually make us better or too top-heavy?

Yes definitely an over payment. No way I make this deal. They can have dd eller and emelin though.