Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

I don't know how I would do it, and parts of my family would probably disown me, but I think my days as a Habs fan would be over if Subban goes.

Based on some of the main media reports out of Montreal, I'm actually getting worried that they may trade him.

I don't know how I would do it, and parts of my family would probably disown me, but I think my days as a Habs fan would be over if Subban goes.

I became a fan of the Ottawa Senators for two weeks when we traded Cammalleri mid-game against Boston, but that was more because we traded him mid-game against Boston.

Opposite reaction to Squid trade.

JohnTavares, McDavid, Eichel, Segain, Ekblad, Kane, Toews, Doughety, Karlsson also would be equal to Subban

None of those guys are going to be moved by their teams for subban.

Edmonton would be the most logical partner and I could see Edmonton offering up Hall or Eberle for subban, but that would make our D worse than the oilers D and I wouldn't take even both of them for subban.

Subban, Eller, emelin for hall,draisitl, Yakupov, Klefbom and switch #1's and we're talking.

Opposite reaction to Squid trade.

JohnTavares, McDavid, Eichel, Segain, Ekblad, Kane, Toews, Doughety, Karlsson also would be equal to Subban

Subban Desharnais Beaulieu Andrighetto

Byfuglien Perreault Trouba Ehlers

I'd take beaulieu off that deal. Subban is better than Buff.

If we had to trade Subban, I'd consider an offer like this one yeah. Trouba and Ehlers are both excellent prospects and Buff is Buff...

I feel the same way. The return has to be killer, or all bets are off for me, as a fan.

I feel the same way. The return has to be killer, or all bets are off for me, as a fan.

Bergevin said in the presser (after someone in the media asked him to clarify if Subban is protected "in the foxhole" like Therrien) that he's always listening but it would take an incredible offer for him to move any of the core guys (Subban, Price, Pacioretty)

He said what we all wanted to hear... and what is 100% correct. He's not looking to trade subban, but no one is untouchable if another GM makes a stupid offer.

It would be nice if people stopped mentioning the Gretzky example. The 80s are over. The 90s are over. The 00s are over. Franchise players are almost never traded now. I guess "If Phil Kessel and Rick Nash can get traded anyone could" just doesn't make his argument.

I have no problem with MB wisely refusing to tie his hands. Of course, he should listen, and of course, if he gets a McDavid-for-Subban offer, he should take it.

As long as the Habs are not actively interested in moving Subban, I'm happy. But those rumours of a rift, of MT and PK not liking each other, of Patches v.s. Subban, etc., etc., bug me, and I probably won't fully relax on this front until the UFA frenzy shakes out - at which point we'll have a better idea of where the team is, in structural terms.

I have no problem with MB wisely refusing to tie his hands. Of course, he should listen, and of course, if he gets a McDavid-for-Subban offer, he should take it.

As long as the Habs are not actively interested in moving Subban, I'm happy. But those rumours of a rift, of MT and PK not liking each other, of Patches v.s. Subban, etc., etc., bug me, and I probably won't fully relax on this front until the UFA frenzy shakes out - at which point we'll have a better idea of where the team is, in structural terms.

If you watched PK today there is no rift in the room. Him and Patches hugging away.

If you watched PK today there is no rift in the room. Him and Patches hugging away.

One thing I don't get is his teammates choosing pacs for the king Clancy award. That may suggest a rift considering the hospital donation.

One thing I don't get is his teammates choosing pacs for the king Clancy award. That may suggest a rift considering the hospital donation.

Or they wanted to stand behind their captain knowing all of the nonsense that was out there about a lack of leadership in the room. Or some voted for each of them and Pacioretty got one or two more votes. As I wrote in my column last night, I don't really see the need to read between the lines here. Yes, it was a tad surprising considering Subban's well-known generousity but I'm not inclined to think there's a rift or a divide simply based on that.

Or they wanted to stand behind their captain knowing all of the nonsense that was out there about a lack of leadership in the room. Or some voted for each of them and Pacioretty got one or two more votes. As I wrote in my column last night, I don't really see the need to read between the lines here. Yes, it was a tad surprising considering Subban's well-known generousity but I'm not inclined to think there's a rift or a divide simply based on that.

But, but, but, that would be a positive outlook... :ph34r:

Both Patch and Subban said yesterday, there was absolutely no rift, that's good enough for me too.

It wouldn't surprise me if PK was advocating for Patch to get the votes.

With the Canucks in a tailspin and a rebuild coming, why not offer some draft picks and grab the Sedin's and Burrows?

There's our 2nd line :/

I'd love to pick up the Sedins while they are under contract for the next two years as it fits within our "window". The problems are that they are very much attached to Vancouver and it's also alot of money moving around. We'd have to send them money back and also picks/prospects.