When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

He makes a good case, but I still say we should wait until the season ends and there is a wider pool of coaching candidates to choose from. Firing him at this point is strictly a move to satisfy fan bloodlust, rather than a calculated step to make the team better next season.

If he's going to stay, I think our owner should tell LeGenius face to face to keep PK's name out of his mouth from now til the end of the season.

So P.K made a mistake so has all the other players at one point what about Therrien pulls Ben Scrivens after letting 3 goals but keeps Mike Condon after letting in 6 goals. Therrien your time is up leave, Marc Bergevin it's not P.K. time to leave lets not see another Patrick Roy

So P.K made a mistake so has all the other players at one point what about Therrien pulls Ben Scrivens after letting 3 goals but keeps Mike Condon after letting in 6 goals. Therrien your time is up leave, Marc Bergevin it's not P.K. time to leave lets not see another Patrick Roy

FULL STOP.

I don't agree with blaming PK and throwing him under the bus.

But there is something i do disagree with.... how is it wrong to pull one goalie after 3 but leave the other for 6?

What part of pro coaching says that the coach has to treat every player the same? What makes those 3 goals the same as the 6? How are the two situations comparable.

This is the same thing that kills me when people complain player x makes a mistake and is benched, but player y makes many mistakes and isn't benched. There is nothing that says the coach has to treat both guys the same. Players are human beings... some respond to a kick in the ass, and some respond to a pat on the back.

• Upvote 1

He makes a good case, but I still say we should wait until the season ends and there is a wider pool of coaching candidates to choose from. Firing him at this point is strictly a move to satisfy fan bloodlust, rather than a calculated step to make the team better next season.

If he's going to stick around, he can leave the bag skates and blame game at home. It's something new every game with this group, and the whole situation has devolved into a sideshow.

If he's going to stick around, he can leave the bag skates and blame game at home. It's something new every game with this group, and the whole situation has devolved into a sideshow.

Yes, from a "no excuses" team, to a different excuse every night...

I get why you'd want to change coaches at the end of the year, but I don't even have any confidence in MB to do that. He still has his croony lefebve in St. John's despite years of ineptitude.

This getting more and more embarrassing. As much as I want a better pick, I don't want this team to be the joke it's become. We are talking Harold Ballard leafs level of ineptitude now. Molson needs to grow a pair and screw this guy god damn French policy. I think the team has realized their isn't enough French talent to ice a elite team, it's time they realize there isnt enough elite coaching or management talent to keep this friggin ridiculous French policy - and now I don't consider a fat bafoon like julien to be an elite coach.

I expect a rather hostile atmosphere in the Bell tonight if he is still behind the bench. Probably akin to the feeling in the Forum on T Patty's day 1955. I hope everyone make MT very uncomfortable behind the bench. May the "Fire Therrien" chants be the main course of the evening I hope he isn't given a job on RDS after this.

I expect a rather hostile atmosphere in the Bell tonight if he is still behind the bench. Probably akin to the feeling in the Forum on T Patty's day 1955. I hope everyone make MT very uncomfortable behind the bench. May the "Fire Therrien" chants be the main course of the evening I hope he isn't given a job on RDS after this.

I hope so, but RDS is the landing place for all French coaching failures, so MT will be welcomed with open arms. There are part of the reason we have this damn French coach policy.

We need to stay cool.

The attack on Bergevin is unwarranted IMHO. Grizzly Adams has shown considerable sang-froid in this crisis, refusing to compromise any long-term assets for attempts at quick fixes. He has also, presumably, preferred to keep the same coach rather than settle for a needlessly small talent pool for replacements.

Far from suggesting that Bergy is a joke, this suggests to me a GM who coldly keeps his eye on the big picture - and who has an owner who gives him the room needed to do that. These are good things.

Now, IF after the season ends, Grizzly Adams decides to keep Therrien, OR hires an obviously inept internal replacement, then we can truly conclude that the franchise is not in good hands. But so far, the signs are good if you ask me.

• Upvote 1

I also first thought of Grizzy Adams when they showed him...or was it a homeless guy in a fancy suit?

But totally agree CC, it is as if losing Price is irrelevant to many and Therrien has a forward group with multiple (or even ONE) all-stars to work with.

I also first thought of Grizzy Adams when they showed him...or was it a homeless guy in a fancy suit?

But totally agree CC, it is as if losing Price is irrelevant to many and Therrien has a forward group with multiple (or even ONE) all-stars to work with.

There are other coaches with much less talent than us doing a hell of a lot better than the bouncer who somehow became a coach.

There are other coaches with much less talent than us doing a hell of a lot better than the bouncer who somehow became a coach.

Note that I'm not saying we should keep MT. Just that we should wait until the options are at maximum.

If Therrien is an issue in the organization, I would not be against Molson firing him and replacing him with an assistant coach until the end of the season.

Yes...why is everybody so afraid of this option? Are they going to be worse that 8-24?

It does jeopardize the tank however, as a baked potato could get more wins out of this lineup than Therrien.

• Upvote 1

Yes...why is everybody so afraid of this option? Are they going to be worse that 8-24?

It does jeopardize the tank however, as a baked potato could get more wins out of this lineup than Therrien.

We know that Dan Lacroix and Sylvan Lefebvre are shitty coaches, but what if they come up and have a good run in a small sample size. Then there is pressure to name the interim guy into a head coach and I'd rather not deal with that, or have them screw shit up for the draft pick .

Anyone outside the organization is not taking an "interim" tag here.

We know that Dan Lacroix and Sylvan Lefebvre are shitty coaches, but what if they come up and have a good run in a small sample size. Then there is pressure to name the interim guy into a head coach and I'd rather not deal with that, or have them screw shit up for the draft pick .

Anyone outside the organization is not taking an "interim" tag here.

What about Craig Ramsay or Rick Dudley?

I don't think Ramsay speaks french, and we would be right back in the cunneyworth thing. Sane thing for Dudley and we don't want to lose him.

If it ever came to an interim guy, Ramsay would be okay. He has enough experience/clout that the players would respect him. Whether or not Molson would be willing to be part as something he views as ignominious once again is another story.