When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

Little David just gets the best of everything. Ice time, linemates, powerplay time, zone starts, and they even forget to bash him on L'Antichambre. I bet Therrien takes him out for ice cream when he gets a secondary assists.

Definitely gets a tickle and a cuddle.

At this point in the tenure of MT, what difference does it really make at this point to worry or complain about DD's ice time?

In my mind, it's kind of respectful and a good thing to give him his ice, since this may very well be(probably will be) the last season for them both in MTL.

Therrien isn't all bad, or a war criminal(like he gets talked about by some of us) he has shown respect, albeit too much maybe, to veteran players who work hard, and Deharnais has been a good player here, he shold get respect for what he has accomplished, and after all, this season is lost, and the goal ideally is to lose ground for a better pick.

It's all good :halm:

At this point in the tenure of MT, what difference does it really make at this point to worry or complain about DD's ice time?

In my mind, it's kind of respectful and a good thing to give him his ice, since this may very well be(probably will be) the last season for them both in MTL.

Therrien isn't all bad, or a war criminal(like he gets talked about by some of us) he has shown respect, albeit too much maybe, to veteran players who work hard, and Deharnais has been a good player here, he shold get respect for what he has accomplished, and after all, this season is lost, and the goal ideally is to lose ground for a better pick.

It's all good :halm:

Desharnais accumulating a few points could help us dump him.

yeah I think I agree with both of these posts

Do NHL coaches who are being fired at end of season, normally get turfed right away on a 'black monday' type of mass firings?

No. But they have to have an internal timetable for the draft/free agency, even the post-mortem press conference. The first question MB gets is going to be about Price, Subban or Therrien.

No. But they have to have an internal timetable for the draft/free agency, even the post-mortem press conference. The first question MB gets is going to be about Price, Subban or Therrien.

Don't teams usually perform an internal 'evaluation' at season's end, with the firings following that - ?

(I wouldn't do it this way for this particular season, however. Put Therrien out of his misery in a timely manner; that's the humane thing to do, rather than tantalizing him with the prospect of 'passing' the evaluation and staying around).

Do NHL coaches who are being fired at end of season, normally get turfed right away on a 'black monday' type of mass firings?

Some do. Buffalo and Toronto both let their coaches go right at the end of the year. Philly and San Jose both waited a week or so before canning their guys.

dlbalr, got a guess whether he is canned or returns for next season?

Or could he be moved into another role in Habs mgmt. to make some use of his salary?

(Will Bergevin stick with your favorite AHL coach for another season?)

dlbalr, got a guess whether he is canned or returns for next season?

Or could he be moved into another role in Habs mgmt. to make some use of his salary?

(Will Bergevin stick with your favorite AHL coach for another season?)

I do have a prediction. It'll be up on the site later this week. We're putting together a WWI piece for some predictions so I'll save my thoughts for that.

Just fire him already, this thread needs to die. It has had a long run but it's time has come. Just like Le Genius.

I hope they do fire him quickly, only cause I worry for your mental health if this drags out... lol, just kidding.

I do have a prediction. It'll be up on the site later this week. We're putting together a WWI piece for some predictions so I'll save my thoughts for that.

The suspense!

Just fire him already, this thread needs to die. It has had a long run but it's time has come. Just like Le Genius.

Did you ever think a thread you'd start would go over 1400 posts?

Bravo!

The suspense!

Did you ever think a thread you'd start would go over 1400 posts?

Bravo!

No I thought I would get crucified and this thread would be dead long ago. What is amazing is that I started this thread when Le Genius was at the height of his glory. Oh and I got creamed by some guys,(Don) but it just kept coming back. Kinda cool , but let's fire the s.o.b and get on with life. :halm:

Hey, you came around and seemed to not be a total 'hater', especially in Oct-Nov, then jumped on the 'trainwreck is all on Therrien' bandwagon with the rest of mob. :flaming:

Hey, you came around and seemed to not be a total 'hater', especially in Oct-Nov, then jumped on the 'trainwreck is all on Therrien' bandwagon with the rest of mob. :flaming:

I did say that when we were 9 and 0 that you cannot fight results, and you are right, he fooled even me. But in the end everything I said was true, his systems don't work (da process) and if Carey wasn't there he had no back up plan. But now it is time to move on.

Let me throw something out during these dull wind-down days.

Is there any chance Patrick Roy is removed as coach in Colorado??

Do the A's need a coaching change since they've underachieved and not done very well outside of PR's first year there?

Can they remove him?? He does have some sort of say.

Is he just waiting for Quebec to get a team and then he'll jump there?

Would he be a good coach for us now that he's had a few years of experience in the NHL coaching fraternity?

What do you think?

Do the A's need a coaching change since they've underachieved and not done very well outside of PR's first year there?

Would he be a good coach for us now that he's had a few years of experience in the NHL coaching fraternity?

What do you think?

Hmmm interesting question. I don't know anything about his contract, Brian probably knows it by heart. I am not too sure that I want Patrick as coach, he just seems a little too volatile, at this point.

First, the Avs have apparently been near the bottom of league in shots against for Roy's entire tenure. Hardly a sign of masterful coaching.

Second, apart from his first season the team has been a bust. Hardly a sign of masterful coaching.

Third, he accepted the Avs job on condition of having GMing responsibilities to boot. If I'm Bergevin, I don't let this guy anywhere near the Habs.

He was an all-time great goalie, but we can do better than him as a coach.

What do you think?

If Colorado's owner had any clue, Roy would be out of there in a hurry. He's a terrible coach and shouldn't be behind an NHL bench as a head coach for a long, long time. Their system more or less is hope for the best - no structure, minimal planning, just roll the lines and hope for the best (and throw a tantrum from time to time to keep the players motivated). However, the owner has enough other franchises that he doesn't seem to pay much attention to the Avs so I don't actually anticipate any changes.

Hmmm interesting question. I don't know anything about his contract, Brian probably knows it by heart. I am not too sure that I want Patrick as coach, he just seems a little too volatile, at this point.

I believe he has 2 years left plus an option after this season.

Guest Stogey24

Sakic can keep Roy, I think his ego would be too big to deal with; but, I would be all for adding Duchene to Habs.

I was going to say the same thing. Roy thinks his shit don't stink.