Montreal vs. New Jersey | December 4th, 2013 | 1900 EST

lazy26

That was one odd period. You'd expect that against some teams but New Jersey?? I didn't see this coming.

Budaj had a shaky third but made the stops in the shootout when he needed to. 4 points in the bank for the week with a chance for up to 4 more.

This is a great month schedule wise, they've started with a bang and face the league's punching bags the Panthers twice, with Buffalo and the Islanders also. If they run the table, they can go into their mid-season slump with dignity. I think their performances against the West early in the season are going to be huge.

A win is a win. I didn't know what to think in the third. Part of me was here we go, another sit back and get crushed in the third. Then I was happy with them never quitting.

It's going to be a real tough one tomorrow, Boston has been off for 3 days and waiting for the habs. Hopefully Price can keep them in it early.

I expect Bourque, Parros and Murray in tomorrow.

Like on Monday, we didn't have our best effort but came away with a win. Gionta finally got on the scoresheet and PK narrowly avoided being the dog. And Eller in the shootout! What were we thinking when he wasn't one of first three?

Bournival played one shift with Eller and Galchenyuk and they scored a goal. I hope Therrien tries them together again.

it was nice to see White back in, but what happened to Bourque? This was a painful 2nd and 3rd to watch, but the boys ended up stealing 2 points.

Can't believe it was DD to tie and score in the shootout for the win!

I think there is good depth and competition. That is leading to some players sitting out nights. My guess on Bourque was he is coming back from an injury, no reason to play him back to back. I'm also not sure what his injury was, I heard rumors of another concussion.

They will need the bigger more physical team tomorrow.

Did not get to watch much of the game tonie, maybe last 10 mins but what a last 10 mins, we lost, we tied, we lost, ok we get o/t, Very exciting stuff. Was amazed that MT left Subban on after his screw up, (Budai should be shaking his head after letting that one in) . Good teams fins a way to win, we did that tonite. GO HABS GO.

Any following the live blog on HI/O? I've had enough of the anti-fighting crap. The live blog isn't an Op-Ed. A comment here and there is fine, bit it's every game. I'm going to write him an email.

Anyone following coach's corner on HNIC? I've had enough of the pro-fighting crap. The first intermission isn't an OP-Ed. A comment here and there is fine but its every game. I'm going to write him a letter in crayon using very small words that he can understand.

it was nice to see White back in, but what happened to Bourque? This was a painful 2nd and 3rd to watch, but the boys ended up stealing 2 points.

Bourque got hit hard by Gelinas on Monday. Played through it, (even scored the goal after the hit) but he was in pain on the bench after the play.

Looked like something with his arm, likely shoulder IMO.

Did not get to watch much of the game tonie, maybe last 10 mins but what a last 10 mins, we lost, we tied, we lost, ok we get o/t, Very exciting stuff. Was amazed that MT left Subban on after his screw up, (Budai should be shaking his head after letting that one in) . Good teams fins a way to win, we did that tonite. GO HABS GO.

Why? Isn't he the man to get that goal ? Him and Markov...

Guest Stogey24

Pretty sure Bourque forgot his tampons at home. Couldn't make the game.

Anyone following coach's corner on HNIC? I've had enough of the pro-fighting crap. The first intermission isn't an OP-Ed. A comment here and there is fine but its every game. I'm going to write him a letter in crayon using very small words that he can understand.

Havent watched it for years now, got fed up long time ago and watch the Christmas burning firelog instead, more entertaining and I don't pay its salary, so less infuriating also.

Why? Isn't he the man to get that goal ? Him and Markov...

I was also surprised and good on coach to let him try and redeem himself, you know a Torterella/Carlyle would of stapled his ass to bench for last minute of game.

You're totally incorrect. I'm not going to waste anyone's time and debate fighting itself. Keep in mind, Boone has made over five comments in separate games this year in the live blog that are pointed comments about fighting. I can also do without the English soccer updates, with this and the fighting, he's clearly trying to keep up with the new "hipster jounalistas." Coach's Corner is 100% opinion, liveblogs are for news purposes and anecdotes. Two different formats. If you're being sarcastic, maybe I missed it.

If anyone tells you that Subban slewfooted Elias, point it out that even Elias denied he did it and said he lost his own footing.

I saw play, don't need anyone to tell me anything and looked like a textbook slewfoot to me, all 3 times they showed it?

He got away with one, but that is NHL officiating and late in any close game, the good ol whistle gets put in 'back-pocket".

You're totally incorrect. I'm not going to waste anyone's time and debate fighting itself. Keep in mind, Boone has made over five comments in separate games this year in the live blog that are pointed comments about fighting. I can also do without the English soccer updates, with this and the fighting, he's clearly trying to keep up with the new "hipster jounalistas." Coach's Corner is 100% opinion, liveblogs are for news purposes and anecdotes. Two different formats. If you're being sarcastic, maybe I missed it.

Live Blogs are the Authors Opinions... not just news....

But still if you don't like it... change the channel. Whether it be turning off coach's corner or switching to another website.

Bourque got hit hard by Gelinas on Monday. Played through it, (even scored the goal after the hit) but he was in pain on the bench after the play.

Looked like something with his arm, likely shoulder IMO.

Yeah, he's listed as injured; he certainly wasn't a healthy scratch last night.

Live Blogs are the Authors Opinions... not just news....

But still if you don't like it... change the channel. Whether it be turning off coach's corner or switching to another website.

"The primary purpose of live blogging is to allow BBC editorial teams to tell the evolving story of a live event or programme in real-time, using a blend of text, images, video and audio to give extra context for audiences." - BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/posts/Live-Blogging-In-Depth

You can look up a ton of similar definitions. Live blogs are not op-eds, they're rolling coverage of events. Opinions can be given, but it's not a running forum. I'd like to point out that I am a big fan of live blogs in political/news/sports formats, and i've never seen another journ-o use a live blog as a soap box. Maybe in the future there will be a "live op-ed" where the new breed of hipster hockey journalists such as Ryan Lambert, Cam Charron and Greg Wyshynski can discuss advanced stats and denounce hockey fights, push ups and exagerrated manliness in one rolling format!

Where did you see/read this?

Irrlevent, if say, Marchand did exact same, "Non-Slewfoot" to Markov allowing Lucic to walk in and score, i think it wouldn't be dismissed so quickly.

But, bad calls a plenty in the NHL and likely balance out in long run.

Where did you see/read this?

NJD beat reporter Tom Gulitti tweeted "Elias didn't think Subban kicked his feet from under him. Said he tried to set a pick for Henrique to buy him time."

It looked like a slew to me, and Elias is a classy guy.

"The primary purpose of live blogging is to allow BBC editorial teams to tell the evolving story of a live event or programme in real-time, using a blend of text, images, video and audio to give extra context for audiences." - BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/posts/Live-Blogging-In-Depth

You can look up a ton of similar definitions. Live blogs are not op-eds, they're rolling coverage of events. Opinions can be given, but it's not a running forum. I'd like to point out that I am a big fan of live blogs in political/news/sports formats, and i've never seen another journ-o use a live blog as a soap box. Maybe in the future there will be a "live op-ed" where the new breed of hipster hockey journalists such as Ryan Lambert, Cam Charron and Greg Wyshynski can discuss advanced stats and denounce hockey fights, push ups and exagerrated manliness in one rolling format!

This isn't the BBC

This isn't hard hitting news... its a hockey game.

Check any "live blog" for any soccer game (which is basically what Boone's are based on) and they have the similar op-ed coverage.