Can Rene Bourque turn his game around? How?

Psycing

I don't know about you, but Rene Bourque is in my doghouse. The guy hasn't looked good this season, nor has he been especially impressive since coming to the Canadiens from the Flames in the Cammalleri trade. Chris Nilan even called Bourque out in the latest installment of the Hockey Inside/Out show, saying Bourque should, "Just suck it up and play."

So what's wrong with him? Can he turn his game around or is this the best we're going to get?

I'm interested in hearing some suggestions on what the team - or Bourque himself - could do to turn his game around.

He turned it around last season, when his career as an NHLer was pretty much in the balance.

Other than that, he was a dog the year before and has been a dog this year. His three good seasons in Calgary were clearly the high-water mark; this guy is basically a bum, and that he only amped it up when he had to prove that he was a legit NHL player proves that he is all about cashing a paycheck, There is no hope for a bum like that.

I just don't think siting him in press box for a game or 2 would hurt one bit and may be only motivation tactic left?

Would give more honest effort guys like Leblanc/Bournival a better shot to succeed, they may be a slight defensive drop to Bourque; but, surely they cant get fewer points with 15 minutes icetime.

I doubt he will turn around and Bourque and AK46 will likely be teammates in 2 years.

There has long been speculation that the concussion he suffered last year was much more severe than we were led to believe and that could factor into his timidity this season. Given that he played well in the playoffs after returning throws a bit of water on it but it's out there nonetheless. Frankly I think Bourque has been better the last few games and he seems to be hanging around the net more.

There has long been speculation that the concussion he suffered last year was much more severe than we were led to believe and that could factor into his timidity this season. Given that he played well in the playoffs after returning throws a bit of water on it but it's out there nonetheless. Frankly I think Bourque has been better the last few games and he seems to be hanging around the net more.

14 shots in his last 5 games is fine, 0+/- and 0 points, 3 points since Oct aint so fine while getting 15.04minutes/game, Moan would be an upgrade and at least he hustles and does more with much less skill.

And you do see who he is below in Hab scoring, sniper Gorges!

I wanted to believe he would wake the .... up and get on hot (even luke warm) streak, but screw him, scratch him for a game or a couple at least to start.

14 shots in his last 5 games is fine, 0+/- and 0 points, 3 points since Oct aint so fine while getting 15.04minutes/game, Moan would be an upgrade and at least he hustles and does more with much less skill.

Believe me, I'm not saying the last few games wipes out his season-long struggles and that he's not unworthy of criticism. All I'm saying is that lately he has played a bit better.

I completely agree with CC. He's a bum and a loser who only plays for his paycheck. I say the Habs should suck it up and send his ass down to Hamilton. Let's see how he likes riding the bus and staying in cheap motels!!!

I understand that Cammy was one-dimensional and overpaid, but how anyone could prefer this useless turd Bourque to him is beyond me. Cammy clearly cared, had panache, and reliably delivered in the clutch. Bourque has none of these attributes.

I understand that Cammy was one-dimensional and overpaid, but how anyone could prefer this useless turd Bourque to him is beyond me. Cammy clearly cared, had panache, and reliably delivered in the clutch. Bourque has none of these attributes.

I'll never understand Cammalleri hate. Guy always looked proud to wear the CH and was a dynamic sniper. Never played an 82 game season with us but 16 goals and 29 points in 26 post-season games was pretty amazing. Sure he'd give up on plays when he lost the puck, did it twice a game but it was worth it for the one knee one timer. I don't even consider him overpaid because his post-season performances more than paid for that $6M.

Well, Machine, yer preachin' to the choir, in that I always liked Cammy as well. But I can see the virtue in unloading the $6-mil contract.

So can I, specifically for the second round pick and that it gave Pacioretty room to establish himself as our number one forward. That said, our PP wouldn't be on such focus if we had a Cammalleri one knee to go with Subban's bombs.

Bourque is a dog, has been a dog most of his career and will evantually retire as a rich dog.

Expecting him to be anymore is as futile as the expectations that used to exist that Gomez wasn't washed up and probably as futile as the expectations that Briere is still a top 6 player, or possibly even a decent top 9 player.

When it's time to put dogs out to pasture, they are generally put to sleep. My only hope for Bourque is that he is traded. Frankly I'd be happy if we could unload him for a 6th round pick so a kid from Hamilton can be given a chance.

I liked the Bourque trade because we got rid of a smurf and a bad contract, but now we've added another shrimp with a bad contract in Briere, so it's a bad deal.

I'm very disappointed in Bourque, after last year's playoff I had him pegged as a dark horse to come in the top three, and now he has less than ten points. Enough is enough. At this point in his career, the conversation can't be about desire. IMO, he feels his spot is set because of his size.

Well stated...that's my take as well.

Cammalerri was a cancer in the dressing room. Agreed that he's a better player than Bourque, but he was not a good influence in the dressing room.

Why? Because he said we suck?

Cammalerri was a cancer in the dressing room. Agreed that he's a better player than Bourque, but he was not a good influence in the dressing room.

Can't wait to be rid of him to be honest, I believe this guy has nothing left to give as far as consistent 20 goal seasons are concerned, and when he isn't scoring, he isn't even being a physical threat out there like Prust and Moen.

He has size, strength, and a great shot, uses neither attribute on a regular basis at all, and is out for a skate more often than Kovalev ever was. We got rid of an expensive problem to acquire this less expensive problem, but a problem none the less.