Peter Budaj

Team Leaders
G Bourque/Vanek (5)
A P.K. Subban (8)
PTS P.K. Subban (12)
+/- Mike Weaver (+8)
PIMS Brandon Prust (25)
Injuries: Carey Price
Scratches: Francis Bouillon, Michael Bournival, Travis Moen, Douglas Murray, George Parros, Jarred Tinordi, Ryan White

New York Rangers (10-6-0)

Projected Lineup

extralarge.png

Rick Nash - Derek Stepan - Chris Kreider
Carl Hagelin - Brad Richards - Martin St. Louis
Benoit Pouliot - Dominic Moore - Mats Zuccarello
Dan Carcillo* - Brian Boyle - Derek Dorsett

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Kevin Klein

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Team Leaders
G Richards/St. Louis (5)
A Stepan/Zuccarello (7)
PTS St. Louis/Zuccarello (11)
+/- Klein/Stralman/Zuccarello (+7)
PIMS Hagelin/Moore/Pouliot (14)
Injuries: Derick Brassard*
Scratches: Raphael Diaz, Justin Falk, Jesper Fast, J.T. Miller

Puck Drop: 8:00 PM EST TV: RDS, CBC, NBCSN Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

I think it's pretty clear Budaj won't be back and that the organization likes Tokarski in that role. Which is as it should be - bring the youth along, move the vets who have no room to grow.

Are the Habs really the "better team" that everybody projected heading into this series? If we are, then a win tonight gives us a genuine chance to make a series out of it.

What I don't like is the Lundqvist factor. Against a goalie like that you can dominate and still lose. Meanwhile, we're relying on a totally unproven commodity at the other end. But I guess there's little point in worrying about that now. Go out, play your game, avoid the loss of faith and consequent stupid penalties that characterized Game Two, and hope the results bear you out. This could be the last game that matters this year. Give 'er.

So Buds is obviously done with the Habs after this year, correct?

I would guess he is Price back-up this fall, who will play 10-15 games and Tokarski will play in Hamilton and play 45-50games?

And then Tokarski will be back-up in 2015-16, so doubt anything has changed, cept a shot to his pride?

Guest Stogey24

I think it's pretty clear Budaj won't be back and that the organization likes Tokarski in that role. Which is as it should be - bring the youth along, move the vets who have no room to grow.

Are the Habs really the "better team" that everybody projected heading into this series? If we are, then a win tonight gives us a genuine chance to make a series out of it.

What I don't like is the Lundqvist factor. Against a goalie like that you can dominate and still lose. Meanwhile, we're relying on a totally unproven commodity at the other end. But I guess there's little point in worrying about that now. Go out, play your game, avoid the loss of faith and consequent stupid penalties that characterized Game Two, and hope the results bear you out. This could be the last game that matters this year. Give 'er.

Everyone will hate this, but if I'm on Montreal, I'm taking some runs a Lundquist. Kreider had every intention to go into Price, his history doesn't lie either. If Montreal wants to win this game they need to shake lundquist up and get him off his game.

I would guess he is Price back-up this fall, who will play 10-15 games and Tokarski will play in Hamilton and play 45-50games?

And then Tokarski will be back-up in 2015-16, so doubt anything has changed, cept a shot to his pride?

That's possible if Tokarski clears waivers in training camp and goes down. However, if he has a good showing in these final games (however many they may be), would he clear? His new deal is two years at the league minimum for both seasons, that coupled with a quality performance in the playoffs may entice a team to take a chance on him. Lots of ifs here but I don't think it's cut and dry anymore that your scenario plays out like we thought it would when Tokarski signed earlier in the postseason.

Everyone will hate this, but if I'm on Montreal, I'm taking some runs a Lundquist. Kreider had every intention to go into Price, his history doesn't lie either. If Montreal wants to win this game they need to shake lundquist up and get him off his game.

Well let's put it another way, we have to go hard to the net(that is what Krieder was doing). That is just plain good hockey, if our guy happens to fall on the way and take Lundquist out for the series. Oh well, it was just a hockey play. I guess I wouldn't try too hard to avoid him on the way in. Make it look like an accident and the refs won't call it.

Btw great GDT Brian. do we know that Emelin is in for sure?

Tempting alright, but it's only a game, a sport. Another guys lowlife manner isn't what I want hockey to be about or passed on to the kids. We have better heros to model ourselves on.

Cool gdt Brian..Thanks

Oh, I argued as much in the "Injury" thread. You're not alone. I just don't see why we should have to passively absorb a massive disadvantage in a series because our goalie has been deliberately injured. Pace Don, I am not arguing for "revenge;" I am arguing for correcting an arbitrary and massive disadvantage that was unjustifiably imposed on us, in order to give ourselves a fair chance to win the series. And to that I would add the deterrence factor; if teams know that, if they take out our stars, we will take out theirs, then we will stop seeing them taking out our stars.

Of course, none of this would be necessary if the NHL were to enforce adequate suspensions for recklessly dangerous play. But in an anarchic, lawless environment, you have to take matters into your own hands, and are a fool not to IMHO.

Btw great GDT Brian. do we know that Emelin is in for sure?

I found that pic before Game 2 and saved it since I thought some on here would like it. We don't know if Emelin's in for sure but I don't recall seeing anything that said he missed practice yesterday or today's skate so I'm assuming he's in.

Tonight's refs: Marc Joanette and Kevin Pollock. If their playoff stats thus far are any indication, don't expect too many powerplays for either side.

GO FORKING FORKING HABS GO.

:gohabsgo: :gohabsgo: :wavetowel: :habslogo: Just a little change up, the other cheer didn't work.

Yeah. Same here. Yvonne failed. I'm out of options here. Maybe some pics of Yvonne naked would do it, but I won't even try Brian on this one... ;)

That's possible if Tokarski clears waivers in training camp and goes down. However, if he has a good showing in these final games (however many they may be), would he clear? His new deal is two years at the league minimum for both seasons, that coupled with a quality performance in the playoffs may entice a team to take a chance on him. Lots of ifs here but I don't think it's cut and dry anymore that your scenario plays out like we thought it would when Tokarski signed earlier in the postseason.

If he becomes that valuable, he could be moved for a pick. i think that is part of what they are doing starting him. Showcase him, find out what you got and make a decision on his future.

Oh, I argued as much in the "Injury" thread. You're not alone. I just don't see why we should have to passively absorb a massive disadvantage in a series because our goalie has been deliberately injured. Pace Don, I am not arguing for "revenge;" I am arguing for correcting an arbitrary and massive disadvantage that was unjustifiably imposed on us, in order to give ourselves a fair chance to win the series. And to that I would add the deterrence factor; if teams know that, if they take out our stars, we will take out theirs, then we will stop seeing them taking out our stars.

Of course, none of this would be necessary if the NHL were to enforce adequate suspensions for recklessly dangerous play. But in an anarchic, lawless environment, you have to take matters into your own hands, and are a fool not to IMHO.

While, don't get me wrong, I agree that the series should be evened, I don't think even a 50-game suspension to Krieder would be adequate. When you have 2 world class goalies squaring off and in the first game one gets injured "accidentally" the other goalie should be forced to sit out. It wasn't an accident Krieder went into Price that way. I don't care who you are and what your views are on the situation. There is no, zip, zero, ziltch, way you can accidentally start sliding feet first when going at full speed. No way at all, on the replay even if it was a trip, your feet would go backwards or sideways as per the motion of your legs skating. The ONLY way it is remotely possibly to go feet first is attempting to stop or turn and loosing your footing, of which Kreider did neither. He went into Price feet first intentionally, laws of physics support this fact. Because of him intentionally injuring Price, Lundquist should be sitting out, but Lundquist didn't do anything wrong, see the problem?

My solution is a real dirty one, that will warrant a suspension but the Rangers deserve it. If we are on the brink of elimination and no chance of winning. One of our forwards needs to start at the blue line, skate full speed into Lundquist and make 100% sure the contact would take Lundquist out for the rest of the playoffs. Is it dirty? yeah, but it's fair. Why should the rangers get and easy path to the finals and potentially win the cup because they injured the biggest impact player on the opposing team? A player that isn't easily replaced.

Guest Stogey24

If he becomes that valuable, he could be moved for a pick. i think that is part of what they are doing starting him. Showcase him, find out what you got and make a decision on his future.

Montreal isn't going to jeopardize their playoff run to show case an AHL goalie. Tokarski is the better choice(Looked very nervous during the anthem though lol).

While, don't get me wrong, I agree that the series should be evened, I don't think even a 50-game suspension to Krieder would be adequate. When you have 2 world class goalies squaring off and in the first game one gets injured "accidentally" the other goalie should be forced to sit out. It wasn't an accident Krieder went into Price that way. I don't care who you are and what your views are on the situation. There is no, zip, zero, ziltch, way you can accidentally start sliding feet first when going at full speed. No way at all, on the replay even if it was a trip, your feet would go backwards or sideways as per the motion of your legs skating. The ONLY way it is remotely possibly to go feet first is attempting to stop or turn and loosing your footing, of which Kreider did neither. He went into Price feet first intentionally, laws of physics support this fact. Because of him intentionally injuring Price, Lundquist should be sitting out, but Lundquist didn't do anything wrong, see the problem?

My solution is a real dirty one, that will warrant a suspension but the Rangers deserve it. If we are on the brink of elimination and no chance of winning. One of our forwards needs to start at the blue line, skate full speed into Lundquist and make 100% sure the contact would take Lundquist out for the rest of the playoffs. Is it dirty? yeah, but it's fair. Why should the rangers get and easy path to the finals and potentially win the cup because they injured the biggest impact player on the opposing team? A player that isn't easily replaced.

Way guys. We're Montreal not Philly.