May 22, Montreal vs New York, 8 PM

dlbalr

Habs should be watching replay after replay of all the goals they've scored on Lundqvist because it definitely seems like most have come from within 2 feet of the goal line.

GO TO THE NET!

OK...I've watched this supposed "headshot" by Prust on Stepan from a bunch of replays, and I have no idea what anyone is talking about.

No part of Brandon Prust makes ANY contact with Stepan's head, EVER.

It's shoulder-to-chest, nothing more. Stepan's neck goes all whiplash FORWARD, not backward, from the force of Prust's shoulder driving his body back - his head snaps forward.

OK...I've watched this supposed "headshot" by Prust on Stepan from a bunch of replays, and I have no idea what anyone is talking about.

No part of Brandon Prust makes ANY contact with Stepan's head, EVER.

It's shoulder-to-chest, nothing more. Stepan's neck goes all whiplash FORWARD, not backward, from the force of Prust's shoulder driving his body back - his head snaps forward.

That's a minor penalty for interference. Pretty weak on Stepan to pretend he's hurt and yell his head off all the way to the dressing room.

I just awoke from a funny dream I had where we were getting slammed all night by a much better team ...and won!

That's a minor penalty for interference. Pretty weak on Stepan to pretend he's hurt and yell his head off all the way to the dressing room.

In the Boston series...anybody see any Bruins around??.....there were hits two weeks after the target had the puck.

Great win to get, even though I thought we were not at our best. Vanek was terrible.

Our D men need to adapt to Tokarski now and I think we were getting caught out today by that. Tokarski never comes off his crease like Price and our D man have not adjusted causing us to get hemmed in alot more than usual. (Tokarski was excellent by the way)

Still not sure we can win another here, but praying that we do!

yeah he can hardley skate untill they tell him it is not a penalty then he miracously is cured screaming hollering and skating as good as ever. I will be very suprised if Prust gets suspended. It was clearly a fake injury.

I feared that beating Boston would be our emotional Stanley Cup. This Rangers team doesn't inspire any more than a hockey game without our best player. Then Brandon Prust did exactly what he needed to do against his former team. Emotional check! Most effective game he's played in as long as I can remember. Gallagher should be careful.. there is a fine line between his style and Marchand's. I hope he doesn't stray too far away from tenacious sniper. Tokarski for Desjardins was a steal then and is paying dividends now. Fantastic depth. Yzerman got hoodwinked and Im sure Guy Boucher had too much influence in that decision. PK looks like he doesn't want the puck at times. I hope he can level out and get into a rhythm. Gorges.. Gamer! Most noticeable non noticeable guy on the ice. Besides Bork. Im of the mind set now that MT could scratch Vanek & Bork.. and get more energy, determination and passion out of Bournival and a black ace. IMO time to trim the fat! Id say Moen or White but they are to one dimensional. Same reason they went to Tokarski over good guy Budaj. It might spark something and give another kid some experience. At least they're playing for their future with the organization. Plan for game 4: HIT Stepan & Brassard. AAAnd somebody.. anybody.. please.. pleeaase.. MASH BENNY POULIOT!!! Watching him entering the zone like he's Rick Nash is killing me. If Benny gets physically accosted.. he disappears. We know this!!! Scared of his own shadow.. Make it happen!

Guest Stogey24

Prust was huge last night. Remember that thing M.B said about character players? That was the true definition by Prust last night. Imagine if Vanek had the same size heart as Prust.... I actually do think Vanek is hurt, I think one of the reasons he's still playing is because he takes some heat off of the top line. The guy has one shot in the last two games... There is something not right there.

People keep saying all over the media that Prust will get suspended for that hit.

I'm still not seeing it.

Sure, the hit was late. Since when do you get suspended for something that has no major penalty associated with it? It's 2 minutes for interference, maximum, because other than being late, the hit was clean.

Tokarski stopped the puck, which is what he's needed to do. That said, oh my lord are his rebounds huge. Like James Reimer huge. He's fine as an option when Price is out but even if we rode Tokarski to the Cup, I don't wanna see that kid as a regular. I'll re-up on Price every time thanks.

The only player in the NHL that can completely neutralize Brendan Gallagher is Ryan McDonaugh. It's scary how badly Ryan McD has his number. McD is elite.

Vanek certainly won't re-sign here seeing he hasn't been the same player since Subban hit him.

Alex Galchenyuk has the exact same physical stature as Vincent Damphousse. It's uncanny.

Tokarski stopped the puck, which is what he's needed to do. That said, oh my lord are his rebounds huge. Like James Reimer huge. He's fine as an option when Price is out but even if we rode Tokarski to the Cup, I don't wanna see that kid as a regular. I'll re-up on Price every time thanks.

The only player in the NHL that can completely neutralize Brendan Gallagher is Ryan McDonaugh. It's scary how badly Ryan McD has his number. McD is elite.

Vanek certainly won't re-sign here seeing he hasn't been the same player since Subban hit him.

Alex Galchenyuk has the exact same physical stature as Vincent Damphousse. It's uncanny.

McDonagh is great but he's the softest defensemen in the league, and from what I've seen in past years, he's lousy in pressure situations.

He's so soft that he should demand a trade to San Jose or Tampa and get it over with.

McDonagh is great but he's the softest defensemen in the league, and from what I've seen in past years, he's lousy in pressure situations.

He's so soft that he should demand a trade to San Jose or Tampa and get it over with.

Six points in two games in the Eastern Conference final sounds pretty lousy in a pressure situation. Yup.

Just listened to Kerry Fraser on the Prust hit. His points: a) late hit b) blind side hit c) not a hit to the head (shoulder to chest)

He seemed to think it was worth a major penalty for interference but didn't think it was worth a suspension. He did say that the league may have a different opinion though.

This is what has frustrated me about MT. Clearly something is not working. Keep trying. I wonder if he knows the definition of insanity?

Is it, someone to keep saying same wrong thing over and over? :blush:

Guest Stogey24

I'm just going to go along with what you say because I'm so pissed he's not playing for MTL.

Looking at the ice time from last night, Beaulieu played all of 28 seconds in the 3rd period (and that was at the 3 minute mark). With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised to see him come out of the lineup on Sunday.

Vanek's TOI of 11:07 was his lowest since November 9th...a game in which he was injured.

What a game for Tokarski. Anyone who reads the Hamilton GDT's knows I've been a fan of his but I didn't see him having this good of a game tonight. I'm not doing the 3 Stars tonight but he'd be my pick even though Galchenyuk got the winner.

Now, we wait to see what happens with Prust as I'm sure his hit on Stepan will get a look from Quintal and company.

Definite dirty-late hit, but for those who wanted pay-back for Price, they must be smiling.

No big deal if Prust suspended or not, many want Bounival back anyways don't they?

Markov should of been in 3 stars eh?

Future captain Gorges gives it all and was too funny with his glove save after taking out Tokarski.

Ranger goalie whining about bad luck?? Yemelin's skate and Gorges just missed saving his own rebound, so both Ranger goals not without a bit of luck.

Fun game!

Well, the series is where it should be...the Habs have been outplayed twice (Games One and Three) and outplayed the opposition once (Game Two). It's just that the win came in a game we didn't really deserve to win. That's the playoffs for ya. The no-show in Game One is still hurting us.

We do need to play better, even keeping in mind that it's a road game. I cannot accept Cherry's argument that the Habs are out of gas. If they are, then we are not close to being contenders; contenders have the reserves necessary to win four series, not just two. And we had an easy first round. I think that the Habs are just having trouble finding that "extra level" of energy and intensity, partly due to the post-Bruins letdown, partly due to the deflation of seeing their key player deliberately put out, and partly due to not yet having adjusted to the radically different styles of Rangers vs Bruins.

Full credit to Tokarski, who hopefully can ride this wave of confidence and excitement all the way to three more wins. It has to be said, though, that the excellently-coached Rangers are going to be studying the tape carefully and will adjust to his strengths. What usually happens in these cases is that the rookie looks hot for a while, then the other team adjusts, and then, finally, the floodgates open. I'm not saying that'll happen here, just that that's the most typical conclusion to this kind of story.

Finally: it's ridiculous to criticize Therrien too loudly given how the team has done under his tutelage. However, the critics are correct that it usually takes him about two games to make the right adjustments. (Remember people on this board were advocating pulling Murray and putting in Beaulieu one game before Therrien got around to implementing this successful move?). What I'm less confident about is whether other coaches would be any swifter on the draw. People made the same complaints about Martin. Like I say, most coaches are basically interchangeable.

We've given ourselves a chance, and a win in Game Four really, radically transforms the narrative of this series and puts the Rags on their heels for the first time. It's a long-shot, but hey, it's a shot. The good news is that we still haven't seen the Habs firing on all cylinders in this series. There is room to get better, and grounds to think that if we do, we can take it to these jerks.